AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > News

News Local & Worldwide

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-30-2021, 09:48 PM
JBT JBT is offline
Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado
Posts: 1,797
Default South Lake Tahoe

Is being evacuated due to an out of control fire. I think Golucid lives in the area.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-04-2021, 10:13 AM
FreddieFerric's Avatar
FreddieFerric FreddieFerric is online now
Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NOLA
Posts: 1,015
Default

Fires out west this year have been crazy bad. Hopefully everyone gets out of the way and is safe.
__________________
McIntosh MA8000; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Dokoder 1120; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 20; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000 (3); Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Panamax PM-5400
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-05-2021, 03:24 PM
Weirdcuba's Avatar
Weirdcuba Weirdcuba is offline
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,359
Default

Just left Yosemite after a week. No smoke there yet, but it is a huge tinderbox. Only saw one fall running and the Merced river is a barely moving stream.
__________________
Main Rig:

Amplification
> Accuphase A200 (2) / C3800 /
> LampiZator MC2 / Silver
Sources
> LampiZator Pacific DAC
> Luxman D-08u
> LampiZator SuperKomputer (via Roon/NAS)
> Magnum-Dynalab > MD-108T SE / MD-205
> J. Sikora Standard Max > Sikora V12 Arm > Lyra / Kleos // Kuzma 4Point Eleven Arm > ClearAudio / Concerto V. 2
Speakers/Cables > TAD R-1 MKII > Elrod Master Statement (shotgun run) // REL 212 SEs (2x)
Power > Nordost QBase8 Mk II (2), QX4, QKore 1, 3 and 6, QV2, QK1 > AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
Foundation > Rix Rax > Hoodoo / Amp Stands > Stillpoints applied liberally > Symposium Super Plus Platforms and EVPs under Subs > SortKones
IC/PC > Power // Elrod Master Statement Diamond (3) // Final Touch Audio > ICs // CH Acoustic X10 > Digital // AQ Diamond
Other > Audio Desk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner Pro
Portables and Cans:

IEMs > Westone W50, Bose QC20
Sources > Onkyo DP-X1
IC/SC/PC > Sennheiser Balanced / AQ Yukon XLRs / Shunyata Venom 3 (2) / Black Dragon Balanced


Daughter's Room:

KEF LS50 Wireless
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-05-2021, 07:00 PM
JBT JBT is offline
Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado
Posts: 1,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdcuba View Post
Just left Yosemite after a week. No smoke there yet, but it is a huge tinderbox. Only saw one fall running and the Merced river is a barely moving stream.

The snow pack in 2020- 2021 was way below normal. One of the driest winters on record. La Nina!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-06-2021, 07:21 AM
Weirdcuba's Avatar
Weirdcuba Weirdcuba is offline
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,359
Default

Apparently, 2017 was a 1 in 1200 year drought event for the area and this year will exceed even that.
__________________
Main Rig:

Amplification
> Accuphase A200 (2) / C3800 /
> LampiZator MC2 / Silver
Sources
> LampiZator Pacific DAC
> Luxman D-08u
> LampiZator SuperKomputer (via Roon/NAS)
> Magnum-Dynalab > MD-108T SE / MD-205
> J. Sikora Standard Max > Sikora V12 Arm > Lyra / Kleos // Kuzma 4Point Eleven Arm > ClearAudio / Concerto V. 2
Speakers/Cables > TAD R-1 MKII > Elrod Master Statement (shotgun run) // REL 212 SEs (2x)
Power > Nordost QBase8 Mk II (2), QX4, QKore 1, 3 and 6, QV2, QK1 > AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
Foundation > Rix Rax > Hoodoo / Amp Stands > Stillpoints applied liberally > Symposium Super Plus Platforms and EVPs under Subs > SortKones
IC/PC > Power // Elrod Master Statement Diamond (3) // Final Touch Audio > ICs // CH Acoustic X10 > Digital // AQ Diamond
Other > Audio Desk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner Pro
Portables and Cans:

IEMs > Westone W50, Bose QC20
Sources > Onkyo DP-X1
IC/SC/PC > Sennheiser Balanced / AQ Yukon XLRs / Shunyata Venom 3 (2) / Black Dragon Balanced


Daughter's Room:

KEF LS50 Wireless
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2021, 01:34 AM
Golucid's Avatar
Golucid Golucid is offline
From the Flagstones
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Out of this World
Posts: 2,783
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
Is being evacuated due to an out of control fire. I think Golucid lives in the area.


Yup. The smoke and fires were epic this year.

Fires are now ‘normal’. Thinking back to the Angora fire of 2007 to present. Each year worsens. PG&E fire starters as well as arsonists are not helping matters.

I was not evacuated, I did, however, dialog with my insurance agent a great deal!
__________________
Macintosh C1000 C2500 D150 MB100 MC402 MC2301 MC8207 McAir MCD550 MCD1000, MCD1100 MCLK12, MDA1000 MEN220 MHP1000 MLD7020 MP100 MT10 MVP901 MX122 MXA60 MXA70 XR50 & XR100 OPPO BD105D Martin Logan Summit X Vienna Acoustics The Kiss KLIMT AudioDesk ClearAudio VPI HW27 Astell & Kern AK240, SP1000 AK500N Furman P2400
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-12-2021, 08:47 AM
crwilli's Avatar
crwilli crwilli is offline
Racing Hoopties


 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bluffton SC
Posts: 9,322
Default

Welcome back Golucid. Good to hear you were not directly impacted by the fires.
__________________
Main room - Sonus Faber Stradivari, 2 X JL Audio F113v2 & CR-1 Crossover, Bricasti M21 PreAmp/DAC, Bricasti M28 Mono Amplifiers, SilenZio v.2 Win 7 PC w/JCat NET Card XE, NANO Filter, fully powered by HD Plex 300 LPSU, 2 x ‘Nenon’ modified Buffalo Switches powered by Keces P3, GigaFoil v4, Keces P3 with Ghent PC, Supra Cat 8+ & Revelation Audio ethernet cables, Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2.

Stillpoint Apertures, Minis and Ultra SS footers, GIK Bass Traps, Vicoustics Waveguide panels, WW Platinum Eclipse 8 SCs, Shunyata Sigma HC v2 PC, 2 X Alpha v2 NRs, 2 X Delta v2 NR, Venom Defender, Cable risers, HRS dampeners, Adona rack.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-12-2021, 01:41 PM
JBT JBT is offline
Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado
Posts: 1,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golucid View Post
Yup. The smoke and fires were epic this year.

Fires are now ‘normal’. Thinking back to the Angora fire of 2007 to present. Each year worsens. PG&E fire starters as well as arsonists are not helping matters.

I was not evacuated, I did, however, dialog with my insurance agent a great deal!


Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-12-2021, 03:26 PM
Antonmb's Avatar
Antonmb Antonmb is offline
Senior Member


 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northwest Washington (Mt Baker foothills)
Posts: 8,292
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golucid View Post
Yup. The smoke and fires were epic this year.

Fires are now ‘normal’. Thinking back to the Angora fire of 2007 to present. Each year worsens. PG&E fire starters as well as arsonists are not helping matters.

I was not evacuated, I did, however, dialog with my insurance agent a great deal!


Cheers David!
__________________
Tony
"Have you seen the stars tonight?"
________________________________
Main system: Linn Klimax Katalyst DSM; D’Agostino Momentum S250 & HD pre; Rega P10 w/Koetsu Rosewood Platinum Signature; Boulder 508; Sonus faber Amati Futura, REL Carbon Special; Shunyata Everest, Alpha & Sigma PC, Alpha IC & SC; UpTone EtherRegen; Quadraspire Sunoko-Vent T, ISOAcoustics Orea & HRS Damping

2nd system: Luxman SQ-N100, Sonus faber Minima Amator II, REL T-5, refurbished AR XA w/Nagaoka MP-200 & VPI cabling, Naim NDX 2, Shunyata PS8 w/Defender & Viper, Nordost Blue Heaven PC & IC, Shunyata Venom sc, Symposium Svelte Shelves

Workshop: Vintage Yamaha CA-1010 & CT-1010, PSB Imagine Mini, Squeezebox Touch, Auralic Aries Mini, Schiit BiFrost, AZ & WW cables

Digital Streaming source: SonicTransporter i7 w/Roon, Synology DS420+, English Electric 8switch

Personal audio: Woo WA22, WA7 & WA8; Linn Klimax DSM Renew, Sonore MicroRendu & UltraRendu; Shure SE535, Shure SH1540, Westone ES50 Custom, Sennheiser HD820, MrSpeakers Aeon Flow C, Noble Audio Zephyr Prestige; Various Moon Audio dragons

Video: Sony XBR65X850C; Apple TV-4; Vienna Schönberg L/R, Webern center & surrounds; REL T1, T2, & T3; Arcam AVR850; Cambridge Audio 752BD; MIT-EXP SC
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-18-2021, 09:03 PM
miner's Avatar
miner miner is offline
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 3,893
Default

Good to hear you are safe David
__________________
"Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."

Sir Winston Churchill
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2021 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Inspire By Dennis Had
Inspire By Dennis Had
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Add Powr
Add Powr
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase