AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Classe' Audio

Classe' Audio Uncompromising Audio

Old 08-24-2020, 08:46 AM

Asked the same question in a Maramtz SA-10 post:

Marantz DAC and go analog into Delta Pre?

Delta Pre DAC and go digital?
Old 08-24-2020, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer6 View Post
Asked the same question in a Maramtz SA-10 post:

Marantz DAC and go analog into Delta Pre?

Delta Pre DAC and go digital?
Let us know how it goes once everything is broken in.

Are you also going to make comparison between using the XLR analog out of the Marantz SA 10 to the Delta Pre vs the digital out of the SA 10 to the Delta Pre to see which would sound better? I know by using the digital out of the SA 10 you can only play CD, not SACD. I'm curious as just for CD playbacks, which one would sound better? Using the DAC in the SA 10 or the DAC in the Delta Pre?

Keep us informed. By the way, are you a Marantz & Classe dealers?
Old 08-24-2020, 04:10 PM

Default New Delta Info & Pricing

No SACD for this system. I am really tempted to go optical or coax in this and use the Classe DAC. But Inwill compare with analog balanced.

Yes I work for a company that deals with these 2 brands (and more) in a small european country.

Last edited by silversurfer6; 08-24-2020 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer6 View Post
No SACD for this system. I am really tempted to go optical or coax in this and use the Classe DAC. But Inwill compare with analog balanced.

Yes I work for a company that deals with these 2 brands (and more) in a small european country.
I wouldn't use optical, coax is better. Wished the SA10 had AES/EBU digital out. The Delta Pre has AES/EBU digital in.

I'm still using the Classe SSP 800 AV preamp processor in my dedicated home theater setup. I've had it for 9 or 10 years now and is still going strong. It lacks features bells & whistles found in Marantz AV processors or other Japanese mass produced AV processors or AV receivers. But as far as sound quality, the SSP 800 is phenomenal in both stereo and surrounds (multi channels).
Old 09-08-2020, 03:25 PM

Quote - Not sure if Classe will ever launch HT processor and multi-channel amp. Heard from a reliable source that Classe will no longer make multi-channel gears for HT. But I could be wrong though.

Classe products already include an HT processor and multi channel amplifiiers. I hope the Sigma line continues, including soft and hardware updates as the technology advances.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamblers View Post
Quote - Not sure if Classe will ever launch HT processor and multi-channel amp. Heard from a reliable source that Classe will no longer make multi-channel gears for HT. But I could be wrong though.

Classe products already include an HT processor and multi channel amplifiiers. I hope the Sigma line continues, including soft and hardware updates as the technology advances.
The new Classe Delta series products consist only stereo gears : Delta Pre stereo preamp/DAC, Delta Stereo power amp, Delta Mono monoblock power amps.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:16 PM

Yesterday I had a chance to sit down and have a good listen to the Delta Pre & Delta Monos combo driving a pair of $50k KEF Blade speakers at one local dealer and were very impressive. They had the Delta Pre hooked up via USB DAC input thus using the DAC in the Delta Pre. This was the 2nd time I had a chance to listen to the Delta Pre & Delta Monos combo. The 1st time was at the local high end show in 2017 when Dave Neauber of Classe brought in the pre-production run of the Delta Pre & Delta Monos (prototypes) not long before B&W Group ditched Classe. At the time the Delta Monos were hooked up to the B&W 800 D3. They were very impressive and if my memory served me well I preferred them on the B&W 800 D3.

Back to yesterday's listening audition, we then swapped the Delta Monos / Delta Pre out with the Mac MC611 monoblock amps & the C46 pre on the same $50k worth of KEF Blade and the Delta Monos / Pre combo were superior in all areas, no comparison. They aren't in the same league.

Last edited by Dilettante; 09-14-2020 at 05:26 AM.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:08 PM

https://youtu.be/0NaQeRmWF0Y
Old 07-05-2021, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilettante View Post
Yesterday I had a chance to sit down and have a good listen to the Delta Pre & Delta Monos combo driving a pair of $50k KEF
we then swapped the Delta Monos / Delta Pre out with the Mac MC611 monoblock amps & the C46 pre on the same $50k worth of KEF Blade and the Delta Monos / Pre combo were superior in all areas, no comparison. They aren't in the same league.
I will most likely end up buying Amati Tradition for my stereo setup. Classe Delta Monos are around 5 % expensive than MC611 Delta, the difference is low because of aggressive dealer of Classe (margins? ) vs McIntosh dealer. On another thread, I find a lot of people have MC462 with Amati's and are very happy. MC462 here will be about 45 % cheaper over 2 Classe Mono's.

Will Classe be overkill for these speakers?
Old 08-12-2021, 04:18 AM

Finally got a Pair of Delta Mono's, Delta Pre and Amati Tradition. Local dealer had a pair of boxed Olympica 3 and we agreed on a package price and I got everything at home.

Currently opened Olympica 3 and these sound so nice with my Lyngdorf MP-40 and SDA2400. Connected with an Atlas Mavros speaker cables and Tellurium Q Ultra Black -II XLR Interconnects.

Now despite going through numerous posts, cannot decide on the speaker cables and interconnects for Amati & Delta Monos. Can someone help me on this?