AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 10-03-2021, 05:15 PM

Default Aurender N100 to a N10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
I got my N10 after reading Dan's review. Likewise my 601s. All in all a superb steamer, server or whatever it's called.

Yes, Dan was quite influential. His 601 review lit my fire too. Ultimately, I bought Dan’s pair of 601’s when he moved into the MC2301’s. I am still enjoying his 601’s to this day.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 01-24-2022, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krelldog View Post
Just curious as to how much of an improvement upgrading from the N100 to the N10 would be ?

I've been stunned at the improvement from my Mac Mini to the Aurender N100C.

Has anyone made the above mentioned (N100 toN10 ) upgrade...if you have, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

krelldog
I went from N100 to N10, and the improvement is quite significant. The N10 sound is fuller, richer, and superior in every way. I also upgraded the 2 fuses to SR orange fuse and that's another improvement. Another thing I found out about the N10 is that the better power cord it's hooked up to, the better sounding it becomes.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidvee View Post
I read the same in another forum - directly from Aurender - especially if you use USB output. However my understanding is that the newer N200 uses different USB modules and sounds better. I own a N100H and was contemplating an upgrade to the N10, but since my sole connection is USB, I will plan to get a N200 soon.
Cheers,
Sid
I have been enjoying a N200 for the past few weeks in my system. I feel it is definite step up from the N100H.
Cheers,
Sid
Old 01-25-2022, 09:40 AM

I know someone outside of here who went from the N10 to the N200 and thought it was an upgrade. Interesting though that Aurender has the N10 above the N200 in their hierarchy.
Preamp: McIntosh C22 Mk V (Gold Lion Tubes)
DAC/CD/SACD: McIntosh MCD12000
Streaming Source: Aurender N10; UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch; AfterDark Project Clayx Giesemann OCXO 10MHz Reference Queen Master Clock w/ Black Modernize LPS x 2 Giesemann OCXO 10M Edition
Speakers: Canton Reference 3K
Power: 2x Dedicated 20 Amp Breakers + Whole House Surge Protection
Power Outlets: PS Audio Power Ports
Power Resonators: ADD-Powr Sorcer x4 (at service panel); ADD-Powr Wizard; ADD-Powr eau2; ADD-Powr Symphony (in network closet)
Power Distribution: Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2
Power Cables: Shunyata Delta v2 XC (Denali v2 to dedicated 20A Outlet); Shunyata Venom NR v10 (Amp to Denali v2); Shunyata Delta v2 NR (Preamp to Denali v2); Shunyata Alpha v2 NR (DAC to Denali v2); Shunyata Venom NR v12 (Wizard to dedicated 20A Outlet); Shunyata Venom V14 Digital (Streamer and Master Clock LPS to Denali v2)
Speaker Cables: Shunyata Sigma v1; Shunyata Sigma v1 Jumpers
Audio Cables: Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 XLR (Preamp to Amp); Wireworld Gold Eclipse 8 XLR (DAC Tube and Solid State Outputs to Preamp); Shunyata Sigma USB (Streamer to DAC); Shunyata Sigma v2 AES/EBU (Streamer to DAC); Shunyata Venom Ethernet (Wall Wart to EtherREGEN); Shunyata Sigma Ethernet (EtherREGEN to Streamer); Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 75-Ohm BNC (AfterDark Queen Master Clock to EtherREGEN); Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 S/PDIF (Streamer to DAC)
Isolation: Stillpoints Ultra SS (Under Speakers); Stillpoints Ultra Mini's (Under Preamp and DAC); HRS E1 Isolation Platform w/G7 Feet and G-Links (Under Amp and Master Clock/LPS); HRS E1 Isolation Platform w/G7 Feet (Under Streamer); Shunyata DarkField Suspension System and DarkField Mini Elevators (Under Speaker Cables); IsoAcoustics Iso-Pucks (Under EtherREGEN)
Noise Reduction: HRS DPX-14545 Damping Plate (On Amp and Preamp); HRS DPII-14545 Damping Plate (On DAC)
Grounding: Shunyata Alpha v3 CGC/SGC Ground Cable (DAC to Denali v2); Shunyata Delta v2 CGC/SGC Ground Cable (EtherREGEN to Denali v2)
Rack: Quadraspire SVT

Sun Room
Wireless Speaker: McIntosh RS200
Power Resonator: ADD-Powr Symphony Pro
Power Distribution: Shunyata Venom PS8 w/ Venom Defender
Power Cables: Shunyata Delta NR (Venom PS8 to Wall Outlet); Wireworld Silver Electra 7 (RS200 to Venom PS8)
Isolation: IsoAcoustics Iso-Pucks
Rack: Pangea Audio Vulcan
Old 01-27-2022, 02:01 AM

I believe that the N10 is discontinued now. I think N20 is the replacement.
Cheers,
Sid
Old 01-27-2022, 06:23 PM

Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado

The N200 goes for 6 thousand. I saw one last week but the store was really busy so it wasn't a good time for a listening session. . Looks really nice.
Old 01-28-2022, 02:13 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidvee View Post
I believe that the N10 is discontinued now. I think N20 is the replacement.
Cheers,
Sid
That's my understanding as well.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 02-17-2022, 12:31 PM
Aspiring Audiophile

AA Friends:

I just bought a "new to me" Aurender N10, which arrived early yesterday-

I spent the better part of the day listening to it yesterday (AES out into the Lampizator B3) and could see why many, many folks love the N10. It was crystal clear and insane amounts of separation. Bass was thunderous, and highs were sharp.

In fact, everything felt very "sharp" if I can call it that. It very much reminded me of the sound of the dCS Rossini that I auditioned and used as a streamer a couple weeks ago.

I get that sound, but find it fatiguing (could be system synergy, room, or taste).

This made me think I chose wrong to get the N10 with it's upgraded clock etc. or that I perhaps didn't like the Aurender sound-

Then I felt an experiment was in order... I hooked it up with the USB out, into my Berkley Alpha USB, and AES from the Alpha into the Lampizator----

This made a world of difference. It was smoother, and more "musical" to my ears. Bass was still thunderous, there was still separation, but it wasn't as razor sharp as running out the AES directly.

My understanding is going this route, I bypass the internal clock and effectively have the N100H sound with the exception of a better power supply and more robust chassis.

Seems to me I'd be one that would prefer the N100H as that is described as smoother and not as detailed (likely do to the clock implementation)---

Thoughts from all you N10 experts?
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW
Old 02-17-2022, 01:39 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
AA Friends:

I just bought a "new to me" Aurender N10, which arrived early yesterday-

I spent the better part of the day listening to it yesterday (AES out into the Lampizator B3) and could see why many, many folks love the N10. It was crystal clear and insane amounts of separation. Bass was thunderous, and highs were sharp.

In fact, everything felt very "sharp" if I can call it that. It very much reminded me of the sound of the dCS Rossini that I auditioned and used as a streamer a couple weeks ago.

I get that sound, but find it fatiguing (could be system synergy, room, or taste).

This made me think I chose wrong to get the N10 with it's upgraded clock etc. or that I perhaps didn't like the Aurender sound-

Then I felt an experiment was in order... I hooked it up with the USB out, into my Berkley Alpha USB, and AES from the Alpha into the Lampizator----

This made a world of difference. It was smoother, and more "musical" to my ears. Bass was still thunderous, there was still separation, but it wasn't as razor sharp as running out the AES directly.

My understanding is going this route, I bypass the internal clock and effectively have the N100H sound with the exception of a better power supply and more robust chassis.

Seems to me I'd be one that would prefer the N100H as that is described as smoother and not as detailed (likely do to the clock implementation)---

Thoughts from all you N10 experts?
It could be the AES/EBU cable were you using between the N10 and the Lampi B3. I'd try a Shunyata Alpha AES/EBU or better if possible.

Another idea is you could try going directly from the Aurender N10 with a Shunyata Delta or better USB cable to the Lampi's USB port, and not use the Berkeley Alpha USB, and try that, as well.

I've found that less "gear": cables, devices, and usually, the power supplies for those devices in the path between the source and the DAC, the better.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 02-17-2022 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-17-2022, 02:09 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT View Post
The N200 goes for 6 thousand. I saw one last week but the store was really busy so it wasn't a good time for a listening session. . Looks really nice.
My guess is, based on my experience with the N20, it's going to be killer...