AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 08-14-2015, 05:09 PM

Default Stage III

Has anyone tried or have Stage III Kraken and/or Leviathan comment on their performances vs the costs? I wonder how these two compare to each other? Any feedback is appreciated.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:20 PM

After looking at their website and a video I found on-line these are some hefty looking cables. Right up there in thickness with Shunyata's beefiest cables, perhaps even a bit thicker. The Kracken is quite pricey for sure, right up there with Siltech's Double Crown.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:24 PM

Holy S#$t!

I just see the price of the Leviation
Old 08-17-2015, 05:23 PM

I think Leviathan is 3 Kraken each used for phase, neutral and ground under a single cable. Perhaps they make a discount compared to 3 Kraken cables !

I will try a 1.5 mt standard Kraken with my system this week and compare it to my Ztron Anaconda. I presume the most effective way to compare is to try Kraken between main a/c and Triton as it feeds all source components. Given the price difference, I do expect Kraken to perform better than Ztron Anaconda, the question is how much better and/or if Kraken justifies extra cost over one of the best power cords. I will report my findings here, stay tuned.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:54 PM

Please report back when you have an opportunity to try the Kraken. Seeing as so many people on the forum are familiar with Shunyata, that will be a good frame of reference especially for you as you have plenty of Anacondas according to your signature.
Old 08-20-2015, 04:46 PM

Ok I have started to try Kraken. I don't think it needs to be listened too much to get a view, actually it's the opposite, it is enough to make a fair assessment after a while. Btw the Kraken I have tried is 15a so it didn't fit to main source of Shunyata Triton's 20a so I tried the Kraken with my cd player -the only gear me having 15a plug- rather than the original plan of using it as main power cable for Triton.

Unfortunately the difference between my Ztron Anaconda and Kraken is like night and day. It is hard -at least for me- to believe but that is the case. I am not pleased as heavily invested to Shunyata Anacondas (have 8 Anacondas including umbilical cord of Typhoon and power amps even a/c motor of turntable is fed by Anaconda) but that is the reality. I still think Ztron Anaconda is a very good p/c compared to many others but it is no match to Kraken. If Anaconda is from Earth, Kraken is from Mars. If Anaconda is Porsche Boxster, Kraken is Bugatti Veyron. Kraken has made everything that Anaconda does significantly better. It first sounds darker but then you realize it is not dark, the other cable is bright or having artificial highs added as noise. The dynamics, bass grip and texture are tremendous, the inner details and harmonics are there, there is a significant layering of instruments in terms of depth, the background is pitch black. Overall, the music sounds much more effortless and crystal clear while there is more dynamics and detail which also leads to a more realistic presentation. I wonder what if I had a chance to try Kraken with preamp, phono stage and power amps all together! Conclusion: Stage III Kraken is by far the best power cord that I have ever tried. Compared to another expensive and very good performer, Kraken completely destroyed it. Yes Kraken is ridiculously expensive which is the biggest downside rather than its bulk.
Old 08-20-2015, 05:38 PM

Very impressive. Can you get your hands on a IEC adapter so you could try the cable on your other components? Shunyata actually makes some.
Old 08-21-2015, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Very impressive. Can you get your hands on a IEC adapter so you could try the cable on your other components? Shunyata actually makes some.
Thanks for the advice, I will check that.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:25 AM

Stage III cords finally arrived. Built quality and construction are amazing. Krakens are big, stiff, the size is comparable to Anacondas. I have no words for Leviathan though, as name implies it is a monster cable. I have attached a photo to compare Shunyata Ztron Anaconda and Stage III Leviathan to see massive size difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (20.4 KB, 54 views)
Old 10-27-2015, 06:20 AM

DANG! That's one massive cable.