AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 11-03-2021, 11:37 PM

Amazing system, Ecki! A lot of work has been put into the sound and aesthetics.

The Blades certainly looks sculptural in that setting. What other speakers did you listen to before selecting them?

Your shelving system and cable management system is an interesting take (and solution) to WAF concerns[emoji106]. Could you share more about their design?

Thanks.
Old 11-04-2021, 01:52 AM

Thank you all for the nice words.

The shelving system and rack was build by a friend of mine who has a carpenter workshop. It was build 10 years ago and I had a couple of chats with the late Dieter Burmester about it. Burmester had sold macassar ebony racks which gave us the original idea. Dieter was always happy when a customer called him and he liked the 089/088/911 combination with the 961 loudspeakers I had. Burmester racks were discontinued so he shared some of his insights.

If you show the images to a carpenter I am sure he knows how to build it.

Eckhard
Old 11-04-2021, 10:13 AM

Nice system and room. Well excecuted!

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player
Old 11-04-2021, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solartiger View Post
It has been a while since I showed my system. Many changes happened, the biggest was us moving from Berlin to Cape Town. Coincidently my furniture for CDs and the hifi system fit snuggly into the niche in the living room!

Let me describe my components:

bottom right: Gigawatt EVO4 power conditioner. This is a Polish product, probably not well known here, but it is a world class power conditioner.

bottom left: Burmester 911 Mk3 power amplifier.

middle right: Brinkmann Nyquist Mk2 DAC and streamer. I love the DAC, it has a wonderful analog sound. It uses 4 tubes and the digital module can be exchanged in the field against a newer generation.

middle left: Burmester 088 pre amplifier.

top right: Aurender N30SA. This is the main source for music. It has an 8TB SSD, a 480 GB SSD cache for the music currently played. The N30SA is the next generation high end player from Aurender, a two house design that sounds even better than the W20SE.

top left> Burmester 089 CD player.

For power distribution I have solar and a battery system that makes my critical loads (such as my hifi) independent of the local power supplier. The power conditioner is connected to the battery-buffered mains via a dedicated thick power cable. There is a circuit breaker directly behind the system and the power conditioner is connected by the electrician with a thick special cable. The Burmester power and pre amplifiers are connected with IsoTek EVO3 Ascension cables. The Aurender and the CD player use Burmester power cords.

The speaker cable is an In-Akustik Reference LS-4004 Air (copper). The whole system is symmetric and the XLR cables used are In-Akustik Reference NF-2404 Air (silver) and Audioquest The Sky (silver) for the CD player. The digital connection between the Aurender N30 and the Brinkmann Nyquist is an In-Akustik Reference Digital 2404 (silver).

Speaker cables in Bi-Wiring configuration.

Cables disappear, its all neat and the wife acceptance factor is dramatically increased!

The Burmester gear is well known here (and difficult to image with the mirror effect of the chrome front) so I will not even try my luck making photos.

This is the new Aurender N30SA. The top unit contains the dirty stuff, AC/DC conversion, display control and logic etc. The bottom unit is the digital unit with all the delicate outputs. Somehow Aurender seems to try to sell more the older W20SE before they start marketing the N30 in earnest as it is not found on their website yet!

I can tell you however that you would want the N30 rather than the W20SA if you could live without dual AES connecters (one per channel) the N30 lacks. The sound is wonderful. I have no words, it has literally blown me away.

My trusted Burmester 089 belt driven CD player that is also sounding rather analog.

For me software is more important than hardware and my focus was always collecting music. First it was LPs and then CDs. It got out of hand, I had too much and it was (or is) constantly growing. I parted from my LPs and I am replacing CDs with high resolution PCM files where I can. Still I love my CDs and as you can see, there are plenty of them here.

Thanks for spending some time looking at my system and reading about my explanations.

Musik is the best,

Ecki

Very nice !!!!
Old 11-04-2021, 11:43 PM
Listener in Training

Terrific setup and installation.
Sources: Vinyl: Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with 9" Universal tonearm, Da Vinci V2 cartridge, Stillpoints SS & Stillpoints clamp, McIntosh MVP 901, Apple Mac mini via Benchmark DAC 1, Aurender N100C via Schiit Yggdrasil
Control: McIntosh C1100, Mcintosh MX151
Power: Mcintosh MC2301s (front), McIntosh MC501 (center), Mcintosh MC402 (rear)
Speakers: Sonus Faber Amati Futura (front and back), SF Vox center
Power/connections: PS Audio Power Port receptacles, RGPC 400 pro (2) WireWorld interconnects and speaker cable
Old 11-06-2021, 09:36 AM

Your setup looks very nice!
Old 11-06-2021, 12:19 PM
George

Beautiful system. Clearly lots of thought and passion in it.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:02 PM

It's an absolutely gorgeous system. The choice of gear is superb.

Best

Charles
Old 11-21-2021, 11:14 PM

Beautiful system and room.

2-Channel
McIntosh C2700, (2X)MC601, MEN220 Lampizator Baltic 3
Sonore opticalRendu, SGC sonicTransporter i5 (Gen 3), Roon Thorens TT TD318
B&W 803D3 JL Audio (2x)f110v2
Shunyata Denali/S v2, Alpha v2 PCs, WW Gold/Silver Eclipse Interconnects, Platinum USB

Whole House Music Listening
Bluesound Vault2i, PowerNode2, PulseMini2i, Pulse2, (3x)Flex
5.2 System Above using Passthru
Marantz SR7012
Oppo 205, Apple TV (4th gen), Sony XBR850e65
B&W HTM2 D3
Second 5.1 System Castoffs from Upgrades
LRC Paradigm Millenia 20, Velodyne MiniVee 10, KEF surrounds, DefTech AW6500
Old 11-23-2021, 02:54 PM

Nice system! I love when the HiFi-system can be in the living room. It's the room where you are and live your life every day.
The living room.
You live there.
Use it for things you love in the way you like it.
You can use it when you listen very serious and focused on your own or when you are having guests, and when you are doing other things and at the same time listen to high quality music reproduction.
I think a home gets more interesting when you don't use the rooms as a exhibition for furniture. Books, music and other personal things makes it unik and interesting. The hat trick is to get your life in it and make it nice and comfortable and useful.
I think you have done that.
Well done.