Default Shunyata Omega Speaker Cable

At the 2023 Florida Audio Expo ...

Shunyata Omega Speaker Cable

Including new cable supports

$25,000 ??
Old 02-20-2023, 10:18 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Whoa, those look insane....holy smokes.

My guess is the "dual module" thingy in the middle may be a HARP module? Or HARP + NIC?

Somethin'....

Those cable supports look pretty cool, too.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 02-22-2023, 07:04 PM

I must have missed them.
They look incredible.
Great idea on the cable supports too!
One of the main rooms on the second floor had the TAD Reference speakers.
Unfortunately, they only played them every other hour, so I missed hearing them.
They were magestic!
Old 03-17-2023, 02:03 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Just noticed that the new Omega speaker cables are now up on Shunyata's web page.

From the product info on the page, in addition to the HARP technology that Shunyata has had on their speaker cables since the first-gen Sigma SPs, there are now also TAP modules. That's a new development as far as I know because none of the other Shunyata speaker cables have ever had TAP devices before. Looking at the photo, my guess is the TAP devices are in those big carbon-fiber modules in the middle part of the speaker cable, because the HARP modules are at the "speaker end" of the connectors on Alpha V2, and at both ends, at the amp end and the speaker end, on the Sigma cables. Also, TAP devices are placed in the "middle part" of the cable run on the Alpha, Sigma and Omega interconnects, so my guess those two big modules in the middle of the Omega speaker cables are the TAP devices. Given there's two "modules", one for each lead, maybe there's a TAP device for each "phase" (+ and - ) of the speaker cable, perhaps? Hmmm...

Here's a close-up pic from the product page...

I'll be going to AXPONA in April, so I should be able to find out more at the show. My guess is they may be used with the new Clarisys speakers that debuted at FLAIX (where they used with all Shunyata cabling throughout), so maybe the new Omega speaker cables will be there, as well.

Interesting...very interesting.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 03-17-2023 at 02:35 AM.
Old 03-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Maybe. Shunyata plays to their strengths which includes their patented technologies. These differentiators -- Zitron, Harp, TA, VTX-Ag (4 AWG !) and KPIP -- are all included in the Omega line-up, the first three in more advanced iterations from the downstream lines.

Your questions are about implementation. The dual 'thingies' in the middle certainly attract the eye and differentiate the speaker cables from most anything else on the market. Are they Trans-Axial-Polarizer modules (TAP)? They certainly look different from the TAP modules on the Omega interconnects, the latter more closely resembling prior instances where the diameter of the 'fins' is greater. Guess we'll find out.

I am most interested in advances to the Zitron ( *ΞTRON) circuitry that 'solves' the problem of dielectic charge absorption and release, where a past signal gets laid upon the present. Having heard their cables with and without Zitron (and without all the other technologies) I know it makes a clear audible difference. The implementation is ingenious.

The Mobius cable lifters are likewise quite striking.

It would be interesting to have a demonstration where each technology is applied additively so the contribution of each is perceived in turn.