AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Krell

Krell Leader in Audio Engineering

Old 09-11-2018, 06:53 AM

And this out today:
Old 09-11-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyhome View Post
Did you ever try contacting HDfury, as one of their products might be a work around fix?
No. I just want Krell to fix their own product. Rather than buy somebody else's product to fix it.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
So it's not economical for them to fix a software problem that is the subject of a customer complaint? Especially considering they were only up for $50-ish shipping to send a Foundation to Lumagen so they could analyse the problem.
Why not contact Lumagen & see if they might be interested in using YOUR Krell unit to come up with a fix? Big win for everybody if they go for it.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:40 PM

I'm in Australia. If Krell don't want to help, it's easy for me. I just won't buy Krell again.

I can decode in the player, and that works. It just bugs me that bitstream doesn't work and Krell won't do anything to help.

It's not worth me spending $600+ on shipping for this if Krell not prepared to spend $50 on shipping at their end.

Last edited by brodricj; 09-12-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:09 PM

This thread should get back on track - Strata-Gee: Showing Signs of Life, Krell Announces New COO

I wish Krell all the best for their Future.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub
Old 09-13-2018, 08:50 AM

And I just wish Krell would fix problems in the products they sell.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:06 AM

Quote:
And I just wish Krell would fix problems in the products they sell.

Goodbye

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub
Old 09-13-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
So it's not economical for them to fix a software problem that is the subject of a customer complaint? Especially considering they were only up for $50-ish shipping to send a Foundation to Lumagen so they could analyse the problem.
I got a message from Walter Schofield on another forum today, asking anyone having ongoing issues with Krell products (especially any units in for repair for ridiculous amounts of time) to reach out to him directly.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with cables or disc formatting, trust me on that. It is system dependent. If you have a Lumagen Radiance Pro in-front of the Foundation 7.1 with DTS-HDMA or DolbyTrueHD audio, the Foundation will play silence. This is thought to be because the audio EDID reporting back from the Foundation is wrong or not implemented correctly (not HDMI spec compliant), causing the whole show to go whacky. The real problem is, Krell won't send a Foundation to Lumagen so they can work out what is wrong with the Foundation software.

Question - have you verified that this problem exists when putting the Lumagen Radiance Pro in front of other HT Processors?

Another question. Why would you put the Radiance before the HT Processor? With all the scaling and processing that occurs, I would think you want this connected to the HT Processor output. You want the Krell to receiver the HDMI data as true to the source as possible, right?

Just a suggestion. I can understand that everyone has different requirements and you may, indeed, have a reason for putting the Radiance -before- the Krell.