AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 12-18-2010, 06:31 PM

Looks GREAT Jeff...

Let us know how it sounds!!!
Old 12-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Hear to listen...

Very sharp styling...congrats on completing your system! Enjoy all that it must offer...

Aural pleasures courtesy of SME, Dynavector, Audio Research, Simaudio, Wireworld, & Wilson
Old 12-18-2010, 08:50 PM

Hi Jeff,

Your rack full of Bryston gear looks really nice. Bryston does give you alot of bang for the buck. I would also like to get your thoughts on the BDP-1 and the BDA-1. Do you happen to know if Bryston will be upgrading the BDA-1 anytime soon? I have to replace my CDP with something. The BDA-1 and the BDP-1 look like a good combination.

~Mike
Old 12-18-2010, 10:32 PM

Thanks for the nice words guys.......
Old 12-18-2010, 10:36 PM

Jeff, looking great! Enjoy.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgard View Post
Hi Jeff,

Your rack full of Bryston gear looks really nice. Bryston does give you alot of bang for the buck. I would also like to get your thoughts on the BDP-1 and the BDA-1. Do you happen to know if Bryston will be upgrading the BDA-1 anytime soon? I have to replace my CDP with something. The BDA-1 and the BDP-1 look like a good combination.

~Mike
Mike......With only a short time with the BDP-1 and BDA-1 all I can say is Bryston hit a home run with this combo.....its really that good

I'm not sure when there will be an upgrade to the BDA-1, I would think it won't be for awhile. If your planning to store your music and want clean and simple this is the ticket IMO......
Old 12-18-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Jeff, looking great! Enjoy.

Thanks Serge.....
Old 12-19-2010, 12:12 AM

Very nice collection.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Jeff.......Ok, you've had this great Bryston and PMC set up for a month and a half now, and not a word. I'm thinking it sounds so damn good you are speechless. Tell us a little about what the system is sounding like, how those 28B SST2's are working with the EB1i's, how the CD player and DAC are sounding. Give us something to help fill in the blanks.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 02-02-2011, 04:30 PM

Dan.......Its been much fun putting this Bryston/PMC system together along with a few other goodies......

The bryston gear has far exceeded my expectations and I'm happy I made the change to there gear. Every new peice I brought in to replace the prior has prooven to be the right choice for me

I have been exploring several different SC/IC/PC cables along with a half dozen power conditioners and I'm pretty much settled on my favorites. I ended up with WireWorld Silver Electras for the power cords, WireWorld Platinum Eclipse for the digital cables, Acoustic Zen Matrix II for the ICs and Acoustic Zen Hologram/Satori Shotgum for speaker cables.

A few things I discovered with the ICs is anything silver plated was not to my liking with the Bryston gear, it really showed how much a cable can be a tone control......all siver was not for me either so I tried a buch of all copper ICs and this was more to my liking but things went a bit too far in the opposite direction but better suited in the long run although still not perfectlly happy yet! I have been a dealer for Acoustic Zen but really never tried cabling my entire system with there stuff just a cable here and there, The Matrix II is the newest of the Matrix sereis that employs PCOCC single Crystal copper conductors along with a solid core Silver conductor in the mix and this was by far the sound I had been hoping for.......The Matrix II is a IC in the middle of the line-up that won't break the bank, its a very neutral cable to my ears......Speaker cables were the same results as the ICs, I first tried lot's of different type of jumpers and the one's PMC supplies ended up my favorites out of the bunch but still not perfect so that's when I brought in the Holograms which are a 8 gauge PCOCC single crystal copper wire and these were keepers. Just for giggles I brought in a pair of Satori shotgun speaker cables that are PCOCC also but with 10 gauge for the mids and 12 gauge for the tweets......another break through in sonics for me by far the best sounds I was getting to date, a interesting thing I noticed was the amps run about 5-8 degrees cooler being tri-wired, crazy thing!!!

I have also added the Running Springs Dmitri for the sources and a pair of Dukes for each 28B-SST mono blocks which are still settling in but I can tell these are going to be keepers. I was most worried with the amps going into the Dukes but I'm blown away with there performance. I had mentioned when I got the 28B amps that the noise floor was simply not there but when the Dukes are in the system you know the music appears from the black!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the Dmitri is something special, before putting it in the system the PurePower 2000 was unbeatable but the Dmitri has proven to be the king here.....If you want soundstage you got it, width, depth, imagine, dynamics its all there, however I do miss having the battery back up of the purepower though but happy to give it up as compared to the Dmitri killer sonics.

The PMC EB1i are finally settled in, boy was this a long journey........were here though and I'm happy as a clam

This is where I'm at for now and once I get a few more months with the newest additions I will post something about the entire system.......a new up to date pic

Last edited by Removed; 03-29-2012 at 02:45 PM.