AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > News

News Local & Worldwide

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-13-2021, 03:37 PM
imprezap2's Avatar
imprezap2 imprezap2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: europe
Posts: 1,122
Default

Not an easy job being racing director at the FIA with the team managers yelling through their headsets constantly, in my view the thinking behind to let them race the last lap is good.

Also understand that Hamilton and Mercedes are dissapointed after dominating the race up to the safetycar (except for the first lap overtake from Max), but compared the bad luck Verstappen had over the whole season (Silverstone, Bakoe and Hungary) his luck had to change somewhere.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the season, hopefully many like this will follow.
__________________
Moon 700i V2, dCS Rossini, YG Acoustics Hailey, Aurender N10, Ansuz Mainz D2
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-13-2021, 05:54 PM
FreddieFerric's Avatar
FreddieFerric FreddieFerric is offline
Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NOLA
Posts: 1,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
Not an easy job being racing director at the FIA with the team managers yelling through their headsets constantly, in my view the thinking behind to let them race the last lap is good.

Also understand that Hamilton and Mercedes are dissapointed after dominating the race up to the safetycar (except for the first lap overtake from Max), but compared the bad luck Verstappen had over the whole season (Silverstone, Bakoe and Hungary) his luck had to change somewhere.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the season, hopefully many like this will follow.
Thanks for that. I know there's a lot of caterwauling going around the internet and YouTube that Louis got jobbed, but the fact is sh!t happens in the heat of a race and sometimes lady luck smiles on you and sometimes she smiles on someone else.

It was a terrific season and both drivers perfomed at a phenomenal level.

New car and new rules coming for '22. It'll be interesting to see.
__________________
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Eclipse 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-13-2021, 08:23 PM
piolaxo's Avatar
piolaxo piolaxo is offline
Senior Member

 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 1,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
Thanks for that. I know there's a lot of caterwauling going around the internet and YouTube that Louis got jobbed, but the fact is sh!t happens in the heat of a race and sometimes lady luck smiles on you and sometimes she smiles on someone else.

It was a terrific season and both drivers performed at a phenomenal level.

New car and new rules coming for '22. It'll be interesting to see.
Yes, there's so much back-slash around this. To be fair, Verstappen got
a big share of bad luck during the season and when it was not luck, it was
the push over in Silverstone that sent him to the hospital and Hamilton got
a slap in the hand of 10 seconds that he recovered over the course of the race.
Full points vs DNF.

In my view, the only egregious point was that race control should have
allowed all the cars to be unlapped, not just the ones in between
Hamilton and Verstappen, but that wouldn't had time left for a full lap.
Hoping for a finish behind the Safety Car, and win the Championship in
the process, is not hugely laudable.

Safety cars are more or less common in street races so it was no surprise
it happened; Red Bull was banking on it, so that was their only chance.
The fact that Toto begged to avoid a Safety Car in the beginning
(a bit pathetic to be honest) says it all.

I for one am happy that Schumacher's record stays level with Hamilton
and there is a new champion with Verstappen.
__________________
Main: Mc C2200 (GLs) and MC207, Marantz AV8805A, JL Audio CR-1 and SAv2, Sony ST-SA5ES, TC-KA3ES and MDS-JA50ES, Oppo UDP-205 and BDP-103D, Bryson BDA-3, Magnum Dynalab FM Signal Sleuth, Remedy, PS Audio P12, Pioneer DT-555,
Samsung 65" QLED TV 8K, JBL 4311B, M&K MX125II, B&W HTM2D2, CCM7.3 S2, CCM683
Office: Sony TA-F700ES (Mod), MDS-JA50ES (Mod) and SEQ-333ES, Accuphase T-107B, Bryston BDA-3, BHA-1 and BUC-1, Audeze LCD-4, Linn Tukan, PC Server

Mobile:Audison bit One HD, bit Play HD and Speakers, JL Audio Amps.

Last edited by piolaxo; 12-13-2021 at 08:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-13-2021, 10:57 PM
Audio 1's Avatar
Audio 1 Audio 1 is offline
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 1,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by piolaxo View Post
Yes, there's so much back-slash around this. To be fair, Verstappen got
a big share of bad luck during the season and when it was not luck, it was
the push over in Silverstone that sent him to the hospital and Hamilton got
a slap in the hand of 10 seconds that he recovered over the course of the race.
Full points vs DNF.

In my view, the only egregious point was that race control should have
allowed all the cars to be unlapped, not just the ones in between
Hamilton and Verstappen, but that wouldn't had time left for a full lap.
Hoping for a finish behind the Safety Car, and win the Championship in
the process, is not hugely laudable.

Safety cars are more or less common in street races so it was no surprise
it happened; Red Bull was banking on it, so that was their only chance.
The fact that Toto begged to avoid a Safety Car in the beginning
(a bit pathetic to be honest) says it all.

I for one am happy that Schumacher's record stays level with Hamilton
and there is a new champion with Verstappen.
This totally mirrors my thoughts and your overview is very well said
__________________
Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
MSB Reference DAC
Innuos Statement w/Next Gen. PS
B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
AMG Giro Turntable w/AMG Teatro cartridge
Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
Shunyata Cables
Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-14-2021, 09:01 AM
W9TR's Avatar
W9TR W9TR is offline
Senior Member

 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The Neutral Zone
Posts: 4,581
Default

I really enjoyed this F1 season. I don’t understand the technicalities around the last lap but it sure made for exciting TV viewing.
__________________
Main System:
Amati Futura Mains
Amati Homage VOX Center,
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-16-2021, 07:42 PM
FreddieFerric's Avatar
FreddieFerric FreddieFerric is offline
Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NOLA
Posts: 1,957
Default

Louis Hamilton conspicuously absent from the FIA Awards Giveaway.

Now I wonder why...
__________________
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Eclipse 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-16-2021, 10:36 PM
doggiehowser's Avatar
doggiehowser doggiehowser is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,411
Default

Very good and balanced analysis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAnW5AMRBh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Ee0czVr5s
__________________
AcousSignThunderTA5000PurpleHeartNS WandMasterPearwoodII PSA DSD BHK ThielCS3.7SS2.2
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-17-2021, 02:35 PM
Puma Cat's Avatar
Puma Cat Puma Cat is offline
conrad-johnson, baby!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 10,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
Louis Hamilton conspicuously absent from the FIA Awards Giveaway.

Hmmm...I wonder why...
Because he's acting like a spoiled brat?

I like F1 as much as the next guy...but IMHO, the F1 drivers act like prima donnas some (or even, much) of the time.

I don't see this behavior, AT ALL, in MotoGP or World Superbike racers, FWIW. Ever.

They just get on with the job, and don't bitch and moan...

Vale back in 2012...


Troy at Miller...


Two guys...just gettin' the job done.
__________________
First Sound Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-Si-X Paramount Special Edition preamp, Conrad-Johnson LP70S amp, On-loan: Constellation Inspiration integrated amp, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion w/ EAR324, Oppo BD-83SE, Sonore OpticalModule with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 power supply, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN, SOtM UltraNeo with Keces P3 power supply, Shunyata Omega & Sigma Ethernet, Alpha USB digital cables, Lampizator Baltic 3 DAC, Mac Mini/Roon, Harbeth 30.2 or Dynaudio Contour S3.4 w/ Esotar 2 tweeters, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Alpha NRv2, Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, and Venom V14D power cords, Shunyata Everest 8000
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-17-2021, 03:22 PM
BuffaloBill BuffaloBill is offline
Dawson's Ridge
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
It was unfair advantage to let Verstappen close by artificially moving the markers.
Exactly, was an unexpected benefit to be allowed to move up into second place with fresh soft tires which allowed him to make his risky passing move. A commission has been established to review the questionable ruling and make recommendations for future such situations.
__________________
McIntosh MC312, D150 - Klipsch P-38F / PMC IB2 SE (Wireworld)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-17-2021, 04:13 PM
FreddieFerric's Avatar
FreddieFerric FreddieFerric is offline
Member

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NOLA
Posts: 1,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Because he's acting like a spoiled brat?

I like F1 as much as the next guy...but IMHO, the F1 drivers act like prima donnas some (or even, much) of the time.

I don't see this behavior, AT ALL, in MotoGP or World Superbike racers, FWIW. Ever.

They just get on with the job, and don't bitch and moan...

Vale back in 2012...


Troy at Miller...


Two guys...just gettin' the job done.
And that my friend is post number 10,000 for you. Big time Contrats!

FWIW, those little rubber people are NUTS! I cringe everytime I see one lose his bike and start sliding or tumbling down the track.
__________________
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Eclipse 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)

Last edited by FreddieFerric; 12-17-2021 at 04:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2022 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Inspire By Dennis Had
Inspire By Dennis Had
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Add Powr
Add Powr
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase