AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:10 PM

Default SACD Player With Hi Res Coax SPDIF Output

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
I don't see any point to comparing PCM to DSD. If there was "a high end SACD transport" capable of HDMI output, I do not of it.

Ah. Never heard of it before. Might be of interest to some.

And mysterious.

There is also the Metronome t|AQWO transport with (1bit/22.5MHz) HDMI output. Metronome also makes the Kalista transport and transport/DAC, although the Kalista Transport only plays CDs.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmmarin View Post
There’s also I believe the Metronome t/AQWO transport
The "HDMI" output is I2S using an HDMI connector, not standard HDMI such as we are discussing here. Also, there are no useful technical specs on their website. Does not inspire confidence, imho.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:39 AM

Quote:
The "HDMI" output is I2S using an HDMI connector, not standard HDMI such as we are discussing here. Also, there are no useful technical specs on their website. Does not inspire confidence, imho.

FWIW I believe the MSB Select transport and the JMF Audio transport have HDMI outputs as well.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:00 AM

Default SACD Player With Hi Res Coax SPDIF Output

Quote:

FWIW the JMF Audio transport and the Select Transport from MSB also have HDMI outputs, although it may be in the I2S format in the case of the Select.

I’ve also included below the link to a 6 moons review of the Metronome t|AQWO transport

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/metronome3/

Last edited by cmarin; 05-06-2020 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarin View Post
FWIW the JMF Audio transport and the Select Transport from MSB also have HDMI outputs, although it may be in the I2S format in the case of the Select.
The I2S format is not HDMI; it simply highjacks the HDMI connector. Therefore, it is irrelevant to this discusion because the value of (true) HDMI is its near universal acceptance in the consumer market.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsT View Post
I will be experimenting with an Aurender A30. The plan is to use the preamplifier section straight into my amps. This will preclude me from playing SACD since the A30 does not have analog inputs, and my current SACD player does not have hi res output through Coax.

I am wondering what players allow for a hi res signal to pass via coax. I know the Directstream Memory Player has the feature, so I may look for a used one. Are there others?

And, yes, I do occasionally spin discs since I really enjoy the sound more than a ripped version.

Thanks
Did you compare the preamp section of your Aurender to that of your Luxman? Did you find it sound better using the built-in volume control in your Aurender?
If not, just leave it as is to make things easier and simple. Your Marantz SA-10 is a great sounding player and received glowing reviews. I would just run the XLR analog out just like the way you currently have it set up.

The built-in preamp section of my MSB Select II DAC is outstanding but when I compared it to my Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage preamp the latter is way superior so I've been using the Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage preamp connected to the Naim Statement NAP S1 monoblock amps. But again the Naim Statement NAC S1 preamp is a statement product at $90k retail just for the linestage preamp. However, the built-in preamp section of my MSB Select II DAC is phenomenal and will outperform most or any dedicated linestage preamps costing up to $40k. My MSB Select II DAC is equipped with two separate mono powerhouses (two mono power supply units) and with its flagship Femto 33 clock.
Besides I have a turntable/phono pre setup as well as a Struder reel-to-reel (master audio tape) machine as my analog front end source components. So a real dedicated linestage preamp is needed although the MSB Select II DAC is a modular design and you can add analog audio inputs to it but I prefer my Naim Statement NAC S1 linestage pre.

Last edited by Dilettante; 07-08-2020 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:44 PM

Thumbs up Conclusion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsT View Post
Purchase pending
LarsT..... Did you find a practical solution to this issue? If so, would you mind sharing what you ended up doing about it?

I see that you purchased something, but what was it?

I'm trying to learn as much as I can about ripping our physical media and, believe it or not, we've never done anything like it before. By the way, we just received a new Oppo 203 player, so, if you know of some method that will help us employ it, I'd be much obliged.

Thank you for your time...

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Old 12-19-2020, 01:37 PM

I use a HDMI de-embedder with my Oppo. Works a treat
Old 12-19-2020, 04:28 PM

Arrow Digital Rookie Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrycym View Post

I use a HDMI de-embedder with my Oppo. Works a treat
Terry..... As we've been scrambling for months just trying to put together a decent 5.1 surround system for a new A/V room, I've tried to stay focused on that...but the "digital" thing keeps coming back.

For example, I received an email today informing me that you had added a post to this "SACD Player with Hi Res SPDIF Output" thread...so here I am, again, with more digital rookie questions...

Which Oppo player are you ripping SACD encoding with?

What is an "HDMI de-embedder" and will you elaborate on it for the thread?

I was under the impression that we had what we needed for ripping purposes, in our Oppo 105D, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks very much for your time

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Old 12-19-2020, 06:21 PM

I have an Oppo 83 and Kanexpro de-embeder
It de-embeds the audio from the hdmi.
The audio can be DSD if you configure it to appear in the Oppo settings