AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Martin Logan

Martin Logan Panel Speakers Extraordinare

Old 12-17-2017, 09:10 PM

Holly Molly Tim, did you even have the 13a's broken in ??

Congrats on the CLX's ........ Balanced Force 212's on the way I presume?
Old 12-18-2017, 02:22 AM

Congratulations, those are some seriously cool speakers. Looking forward to pictures.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 12-20-2017, 05:05 PM

Hahahahaha Thanks guys. I know and fully admit that I need some serious psychological examinations!

The 13's were OUTSTANDING. It came down to liking them so much I wanted more of it. The 13's are effortless in many ways. The panels used are newer I think vs the nearly 10 year old CLX but when I heard these CLX paired with dual Balanced Forced 212 subs I was literally blown away. It was nothing like I've ever heard.

So the timing was just perfect since mine were barely used. The 'trade' up deal was simply too good to pass up.

Yes, I will be getting dual 212 BF subs about the same time.

Trying to figure out the best way to describe the CLX/sub sound...Maybe just has that holistic sound field. Like the recordings took on a new presence. I heard more mid bass and a fullness.

I'll take some pics when they arrive. I am super excited. Right now all I have is my home theater setup. so I am kind of slumming it a bit until mid to late January when these BEASTS arrive.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:23 PM

Just ...Damn!!!
Old 12-20-2017, 11:40 PM

Congratulations on the CLX's
McIntosh MX150 2-MC601's, 1-MC303, MCD500, MVP881BR, MCLK12, Parasound Z v.3 zone amp, Parasound Z v.2 zone tuner, Panasonic DMP-BDT350 3d blue ray player, Wadia 171i transport, Mac Mini, JL113 Subwoofer, Direct tv dvr, Mitsubishi 82837 & 3DC-1000 3d starter pack, Martin Logan CLX aniversary, Stage center, Motif surrounds, Universal MX-3000 remote, Richard Gray/Furman line conditioner, Synergistic Tranquility Basik & Base, Two Each
Old 12-29-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timobi View Post
Wanted to update my thread.

2017 was definitely the year of the Audio Upgrade for me. It seems that only a few months separated a big purchase from the next step up!

All this year from the McIntosh c2600 to the C1100....The MC452 to the MC601s..and now I just traded up from the fairly new 13a's to CLX Art

I flew up to Milwaukee in October and heard them along with some Bricasti gear. The Bricasti DAC was insanely good BTW.

Anyway I WANTED what I heard while there. So there it is

Feel free to quote me down the road but I think this updated system will be a keeper. The next evolution will be a really good DAC/Room treatments/Cables

Thanks for sharing with me the excitement of getting these 13a's home and look forward to your thoughts down the road when the new ones arrive.

https://www.martinlogan.com/clxart/index.php
Congratulations, I went up to see Shawn 18 months ago from Florida and purchased a pair of CLX's. He is a wonderful person to work with. The CLX's are amazing, you won't be sorry you purchased them.

Brad
Old 01-04-2018, 05:04 PM

Thx Brad! What color did you end up?
Old 01-05-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Got a question for my fellow AA Martin Logan guys. If/when you performed the PBK (perfect pass kit) and ARC software did you hear improvements in the bass? Everywhere I read I see owners and critics saying big difference. I just did this tonight. But honestly? No difference.

I mean it sounds GREAT. I added dual powered subs. But with subs disengaged, I still find the bass to be weaker at the listening position. I was hoping the PBK would eliminate nulls etc...
So I've got twin 212's with my Wilson Sasha 2's and have significant low bass issues in my room ... once I got the subs positioned to sound the best when I used the PBK I did notice a big difference in how much better the bass was ... the low bass hump was gone and the higher bass dip was smoothed out. Might play with the position of the subs a bit to try and eliminate the nodes you are having issues with then use PBK to smooth from there.

Congrats on the CLX Art by the way ... Those are my favorite Logans by a mile even over the 15a's!

George
Old 01-05-2018, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
So I've got twin 212's with my Wilson Sasha 2's and have significant low bass issues in my room ... once I got the subs positioned to sound the best when I used the PBK I did notice a big difference in how much better the bass was ... the low bass hump was gone and the higher bass dip was smoothed out. Might play with the position of the subs a bit to try and eliminate the nodes you are having issues with then use PBK to smooth from there.

Congrats on the CLX Art by the way ... Those are my favorite Logans by a mile even over the 15a's!

George
Thx George! Yeah I think one issue was not using the Martin Logan subs back when I had the 13's. I was using Rythmik Audio which are VERY good but even with the Kit I was doubling up on the bass. With the CLX and the 212's and the ML software crossover sauce it will be a GREAT marriage.

And so glad you approve of the CLX! You have some terrific gear btw so that means alot hearing your perspective
Old 01-06-2018, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Thx George! Yeah I think one issue was not using the Martin Logan subs back when I had the 13's. I was using Rythmik Audio which are VERY good but even with the Kit I was doubling up on the bass. With the CLX and the 212's and the ML software crossover sauce it will be a GREAT marriage.

And so glad you approve of the CLX! You have some terrific gear btw so that means alot hearing your perspective
I still have my Ethos in the downstairs retreat so I'm hoping I can still be in the ML club too? I agonized over the CLX Art or the Wilson Sasha 2's in my main listening room ... If my retreat where the Ethos are were big enough the CLX's would definitely be there!!! Congrats on an AWESOME setup!!!

George