AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Schiit

Schiit Designed For The Real World

Old 10-10-2017, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
I would to do a review of Yggy, but I don't have one!
Stephen, sounds like this situation must be rectified ASAP!
Old 10-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Stephen, sounds like this situation must be rectified ASAP!
Ah, c'mon...I just ponied up for my upgrade to Gumby! LOL.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:37 PM

How are their headphone amps by the way?
Old 10-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
How are their headphone amps by the way?
Really good, broad range for different cans, driver types and impedances.

Jason Stoddard is a brilliant audio engineer, IMHO.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:52 PM

Deciding on a headphone amp for my HD600. Back in the day the Earmax and Earmax pro kept me very happy but I'd like to try some newer designs. I wonder how Schiit and Woo compare
Old 10-10-2017, 07:59 PM

You have a 30-day no questions asked return policy. Worth a try.

I really think Schiit is the Schiit! Btw, the name is both a cleaver hook and the reason many have disdain for them.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:37 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Deciding on a headphone amp for my HD600. Back in the day the Earmax and Earmax pro kept me very happy but I'd like to try some newer designs. I wonder how Schiit and Woo compare
For the HD600, I'd recommend the Valhalla 2, and OTL tube amp specifically designed for HD600/HD650s. It's the amp I own and use. Can't speak to the Woo.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 10-11-2017 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:04 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohibaman View Post
You have a 30-day no questions asked return policy. Worth a try.

I really think Schiit is the Schiit! Btw, the name is both a cleaver hook and the reason many have disdain for them.
Oh, yeah, they know about the name. They're smart guys who do not care at all what the traditional "high-end" audio industry and pundits think. What they care about are customers and providing quality and value; not putting 3/8" machined-from-billet gold-plated face plates on audio gear. They understand that there are a LOT more people out there that are not audiophiles, don't have a lot of money to spend, but really appreciate good quality sound and love music and that is the customer base they predominantly serve. For example, over 33% of their gross revenue come from products that sell for less than $149.

The origin of the name is discussed at length in Jason Stoddard's e-book (which has been going on for about three years now) "Schiit Happened" at that headphone forum, which I highly recommend as as it is a fascinating story of starting a very successful business from the ground up (or, Jason's garage, actually), and figuring out all the design, manufacturing and marketing it take to make it successful. Jason's a brillliant audio engineer and a very, very smart guy. He started and ran a very successful marketing company before founding Schiit and that experience has really helped drive it's success, because he knew how and which way to reach his customer base.

And when you get right down to it, the name is less silly than something like "Lampizator". I think they take pride in having their "Schiit" together.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 10-11-2017 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:54 AM
Just Pure Lucky

OMG -- I was waiting for some AH on the video to stand up and beat himself to sexual nirvana.

I don't care for how you like to

Just sayin'

Best Sir,

Bob
Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Valhalla TA cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Vibration Control:TT on HRS M3X2-1921 shelf.
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia in Argento Silver/Black grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit.
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Distribution Bar:Shunyata Everest 8000 w/Omega XC Power Cable.
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Speaker Cables:3M Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on Nordost Sort Lifts.
Signal Cables:Nordost Odin XLR's on dCS DAC & Amps.
Digital Cables: Nordost Odin 2's, 110 ohm AES/EBU on dCS Transport to DAC.
Clock Cables:5 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Ethernet Cable: WireWorld Platinum 1M Starlight® 8 Twinax
Headphones:Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
RCM: Audio Desk PRO
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:43 AM

I just got a little stupider watching that video.