AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 03-11-2020, 07:50 AM

Default Bryston Amplifier Reviews

Hi Folks,

Great review from Tone Magazine on our Bryston 28B power amplifier - the best 'tweeter' amp in the world !!!

https://www.tonepublications.com/rev...er-amplifiers/

james
Old 03-11-2020, 08:46 PM

James-

As a VERY satisfied owner of a pair of 28B3’s, I agree wholeheartedly with the reviewer. They are incredible and I recommend them to anyone that wants uncompromising sound at a reasonable price.
Bryston 28B Cubed Monoblock amps with Sound Anchor stands, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryston SP3 Processor, JL Audio CR-1 Sub Crossover, PS Audio P15 with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bricasti M-21 Platinum DAC, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Aurender N10 music server/streamer with Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Nordstrom Heimdall 2 Ethernet cable and RevOpod footers, TAD CR-1(mains) with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryson 9B3 Surround Amplifier, Sonus Faber Cremona M (center), Diva Swans (surrounds), (2) JL Audio F113 subs with RevOpod footers and granite bases, Oppo 95, Wireworld Gold Eclipse speaker cables, Wireworld Platinum interconnects and Wireworld Silver and Platinum Electra 7 power cables, Furutech Flux 50 in-line power filters, (6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, Shunyata outlets, Nordost QRT QKORE3 and QKORE6 Grounding Units, ADD-Pwr Sorcer X4 and various GK Acoustics acoustic panels.
Old 03-15-2020, 06:55 PM

Hi Folks,

Just received a very expansive and detailed review from Occasional Magazine on the Bryston 135 Cubed Integrated amplifier.

Please see attached PDF.

Its 4 pages so for those that need to cut to the chase here is the conclusion.

Send me an email if you want the PDF - jamestanner@bryston.com

Conclusion:

I didn’t answer the question I just proposed. What about Bob? I think Bob was enamored with his four large Bryston monoblocks pumping out blood and fire through his big JBLs. He’d take one look at the relatively petite B135³ and say the he needed more to truly rawk. Bob’s opinions would probably fold under strict blind tests, however. It’s strange to see such a compact piece of gear deliver such a powerful sound, one undeterred by inefficient speakers with challenging impedances. It’s fun to have something so reasonably priced and sized that can alarm your neighbors, but that’s not what I want or need from an integrated. I want detail and dynamics, but I also want balance and finesse and clarity.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:36 PM

Hi guys,

Here is the link.

The video came out great! James!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jFP...ature=youtu.be

Thanks again,

Jeffrey W. Fritz
Editor-in-Chief
The SoundStage! Network
Old 06-29-2020, 10:47 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston 4B Cubed Amplifier – Customer Feedback

July 2020

Hello,

I am sending this message today in appreciation of my brand new Bryston 4B3 which I purchased from Glubes Audio/Video in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. I have had many different manufacturers of amplifiers in my home audio system over the past 40 years. Up until the addition of the 4B3 I thought my (edit) was a good amp. It has been very reliable and didn't give me any trouble since it was purchased back in 2003. However, when I got my new 4B3 installed last Wednesday I had no idea what I was in for.

This 4B amp has completely transformed my listening experience. Compared to my previous amp the Bryston has lifted a very thick "veil" from the music which I didn't even realize was there. The treble is sweet and extended and not the least bit harsh or aggressive. The midrange is full, but not bloated, with phenomenal vocal performance. The bass? Well what can I say? It litetally knocks you back in your chair!!! It is tight, authoritative and deep with uncanny precision and fantastic detail.

To be frank I am in awe of my new powerhouse!!!

I did not think or even believe that changing to the 4B3 would make such a dramatic difference in my system, but it HAS!!! I had been going along for the past 40 years trying to make my system sound like the demonstration systems at Glubes and never got there. With the addition of my sweet little Bryston I AM there and I could not be happier or more satisfied. I have finally "arrived" in the true high end.

Going forward I can put any loudspeaker I desire into my system and it will sound awesome being driven by my 4B3. Thank you for designing and manufacturing this gorgeous and rock solid amplifier. Anyone who is looking to do an upgrade or are starting out as a novice in the hobby needs to seriously audition your products and when they do they will most likely be purchasing Bryston to make their system sound awesome.

Again, thank you for everything.

Best Regards,
Christopher Richardson
Old 10-27-2020, 01:51 PM

SUBJECT: Cracking Review on the BP17 & 3B Cubed

November 2020

Hi Folks,

Got this from our friends at PMC:

“Dear Gents

Cracking review on the BP-17 Cubed preamplifier and 3B Cubed Power amplifier from the UK in HiFi Critic Magazine

Keith”

Please email me if you want the PDF
jamestanner@bryston.com
Old 10-28-2020, 06:31 AM

https://bryston.com/hifi-critic-bp17...eo-amp-review/
Old 01-07-2021, 02:36 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston BHA-1 Headphone Amp Review – Portugal

January 2021

Conclusion:

What can I say?

With exception of some of the headphone amplifiers from Stax and of course, from the valve amplifiers from Sennheiser,

The Bryston is the best headphone amplifier that I know of!

Ample space with several rooms of sound, precise timings and timbres and precious in detail and correction.

Interestingly, BHA-1 is not a recent product. In fact, the Bryston BHA-1 was already introduced with enormous audiophile success some eight years ago and continues to be the brand's only headphone amplifier.

This stability shows how Bryston is a special, coherent brand of ideas and well-defined objectives. But it serves also as a testimony of the great qualities of BHA-1.