Old 12-27-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
The Classe M-600s are fantastic amps.
+1
Old 12-27-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliKid2013 View Post
Speaking of the fans....surprisingly they were audible, but only when no music was playing. I didn't expect to hear them at all, but that was not the case. I would expect silence from a "hi-fi" product with a $7,000.00 msrp, bit this alone would not keep me from purchasing them if I decide to upgrade to Classe.
Interesting about the fan. Before I bought my Pass X600.5 amps I was looking at the Classe M600, but I could never get a straight answer from owners as to whether they were audible or not. Even if I only heard the fan between songs, it would still bother me.
Old 12-28-2014, 12:34 AM

In my view, passive convective cooling is the way to go at these levels.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:09 AM

After auditioning both the 600 and the 300 monos in neither case was the fan noise intrusive. I bought the 300's and I have to go right up the amps before I detect the fans running. When going onto standby the fans continue to run for a while and can just be heard nearby the amps. I'm very fussy about any extraneous noise and find no problems at all from the sweetspot. Hope that helps.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:52 AM

Hello everybody,

This is my first post and I hope I placed it in a proper thread.

I am an owner of CA-M600 and I wonder what is the max power consumption for these amps.

The only available info is that for the US model the power consumption is 440W @ 1/8th of power into 8 ohms and for the European (230V) model the power consumption is 823W @ 1/8th of power into 8 ohms.

Thanks a lot....
Regards,
Ioannis
Old 05-16-2021, 04:28 PM
Go Dawgs

Ioannis - welcome to AA..I saw your post.....that's the only information that I can see from several reviews/writeups. I'm not sure that's a specification you'll be able to find unless you contacted someone at Classe or put it on a test bench. I don't think that spec would be listed in a run of the mill audio review.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 05-21-2021, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Ioannis - welcome to AA..I saw your post.....that's the only information that I can see from several reviews/writeups. I'm not sure that's a specification you'll be able to find unless you contacted someone at Classe or put it on a test bench. I don't think that spec would be listed in a run of the mill audio review.

- Buck
Hello Buck,

Thanks for your welcome and reply…

Unfortunately you are absolutely right; I couldn’t find anywhere this spec. For the new Delta amp of Classe though, the power consumption is 715VA at full power into 8 ohms according to Stereophile.

The reason that I am asking is because I have the impression that my amps will benefit if a power line cleaner / filter is connected between the wall socket and the amps. Of course, this is not an easy project for such high power units, because the power line cleaner must be adequate for the high current demand and the preservation of the dynamics of the music.

Any relevant experience would be very helpful!..

I have a dedicated electrical panel and power supply for my hifi system with 3 schuko plugs. I did a few tests with the monoblocks connected to the electrical network of the house, the dedicated schucko plugs for the hifi and my old power line cleaner / filter. I received the best result when the power line cleaner was connected, where there was a significant drop to the noise floor. Unfortunately, the two high current outlets of my power line cleaner can deliver 3680W in total for 230V (equivalent to 1760W for 110V), which I think is insufficient for my Classe CA-M600.

The diameter of each cable from the panel to the schuko plugs is 3 x 2,5 mm2, which is approximately equivalent to 13 AWG.

Regards,
Ioannis