AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Turntables & Vinyl > Vinyl & Accessories

Vinyl & Accessories Food for the Soul

Old 05-13-2015, 11:42 AM
Rebellious!

David-

You win!
You have all the record cleaning machines together in one room. You are able to create a stand alone and various combination cleaning of each of your records. I know this is an invaluable experience because you can test and experiment and make your determinations of what is prefered and not prefered. No moral decisions here, just trade offs.

What you could help us all with is document your standards for clean and dirty. It does not have to be complicated, like "I removed .03 grams of particulate matter from Record X.." - though I am sure some of our astute hobbyists that read this may want to see some true objectivity. (And if you can help David and us on this, please come forward)

For your standard of clean, please take a moment in your own words, document with logical examples of what a clean record is to you. This way the reader has an understanding of what a standard of clean is.

Please do the same for dirty. It can be that record store find, that Discogs Disc that arrived from Greece, or the effect of pet dander, dust and oily human hands. Something to that effect that makes the record unsatisfactory to play on your turntable.

What is interesting is this cleaning machine, which includes both Sonic and Vacuum technologies. What do they know that VPI, KLAudio, and Autodesk doesn't? What have they learned? Is this your next machine?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dd9k5x2jaU[/ame]

here is a Youtube search.. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...r+audio+matrix
Old 05-13-2015, 03:06 PM
Living La Vida Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0OBillO0o View Post

For your standard of clean, please take a moment in your own words, document with logical examples of what a clean record is to you. This way the reader has an understanding of what a standard of clean is. ...
I'm not David, but this is easy; just apply The Ellington Axiom: If it sounds clean it is clean.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:22 PM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tima View Post
I'm not David, but this is easy; just apply The Ellington Axiom: If it sounds clean it is clean.
Yes- you said this before-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tima View Post
Keep in mind:
The Hygienists Apothegm: Keep your stylus clean.
The Ellington Axiom: If it sounds clean it is clean.
The Heraclitian Adage: You can never clean the same record twice.
Interesting philosophical quotes- can you explain this more? Thanks.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:48 PM

Quote:
You have all the record cleaning machines together in one room. You are able to create a stand alone and various combination cleaning of each of your records. I know this is an invaluable experience because you can test and experiment and make your determinations of what is prefered and not prefered. No moral decisions here, just trade offs.
Bill, having all three machines certainly gives me a unique perspective and one I had not planned. This situation happened organically.

Before, when I only had 1 machine, I could only draw off of 'memory' of using the VPI HW27 Typhoon that I used prior to the Klaudio. In my experience, memory only serves so much...in fact, it's easy to distort, forget, add, or invent from memories.

However, having ALL THREE MACHINES CONTINUOUSLY AND IN THE ROOM - past memory is unnecessary. I get real time instant results feedback without clouded judgement from memory. Because I have all three machines, and can report on all three anytime-all the time.

Quote:
What you could help us all with is document your standards for clean and dirty.
I would like to do this. In fact, I'd like to connect with another expert, Michael Fremer. I am curious if he too have all the machines.

Quote:
What is interesting is this cleaning machine, which includes both Sonic and Vacuum technologies. What do they know that VPI, KLAudio, and Autodesk doesn't? What have they learned? Is this your next machine?
Bill, I think I am on the path to purchase this machine as well. I did not start out with the idea that I would want to be one of the many vinyl cleaning experts, but I do believe I have [right, wrong or indifferent] a perspective to contribute to the vinyl listening community.

I've also learned to travel with caution [avoid the trap] and safe guard myself from becoming egocentric in stating that one method is the only way [Polarizing]. Instead, there are lots of methods that work for everyone [from doing nothing, simple and complex].

Present the options and let the listener decide what works.

Last edited by Golucid; 05-13-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:25 PM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golucid View Post
Instead, there are lots of methods that work for everyone [from doing nothing, simple and complex].

Present the options and let the listener decide what works.
There will be an answer for everyone, I like it!