AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Integrated

Integrated All in one, Still in Style

Old 05-27-2012, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAcoustat
This is the one i own now.
I had the chance of listening a lot of top integrated amplifiers around...Diablo, Vitus, Dartzeel, Goldmund, ASR, MBL, Rega Osiris, etc....for me, the best is Vitus..but very, very close is the Osiris, costing much less....the big disappointment for me was the Dartzeel..

Last edited by HBA; 07-14-2012 at 01:13 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:07 AM

agree re; dartzeel - too coloured for a modern amp.

still like the lavardin it.

anyone heard the it-15 ?

http://www.lavardin.com/Model_IT15_901M.jpg
Old 07-07-2012, 11:50 AM

I like the simplicity of an integrated amp based system. Like the last couple of posts, I have had the opportunity to listen to many very good sounding integrateds including the newer McIntosh models, Vitus, Dartzeel, ARC, Shindo and Simaudio, among others.

My favorite though, and the one I bought, is the VAC Sigma 160 with optional Balanced input and MC phonostage. In my opinion, Kevin Hayes at VAC has managed to blend much of the magic of his pricey and well regarded separates in a very compelling small integrated format.

To my ears, he has managed to marry the resolution, bass control, speed and such that people usually associate with good SS amps with the liquidity, holography, lack of digital artifact and flow that folks generally associate with good tube amps in one package.

This amp has been the heart of my modest main 2 channel system for almost a year now and I am really enjoying it. I would highly recommend an audition to anyone in the market for a good quality integrated amp.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:03 PM

I like the simplicity of an integrated amp based system. Like the last couple of posts, I have had the opportunity to listen to many very good sounding integrateds including the newer McIntosh models, Vitus, Dartzeel, ARC, Shindo and Simaudio, among others.

My favorite though, and the one I bought, is the VAC Sigma 160 with optional Balanced input and MC phonostage. In my opinion, Kevin Hayes at VAC has managed to blend much of the magic of his pricey and well regarded separates in a very compelling small integrated format.

To my ears, he has managed to marry the resolution, bass control, speed and such that people usually associate with good SS amps with the liquidity, holography, lack of digital artifact and flow that folks generally associate with good tube amps in one package.

This amp has been the heart of my modest main 2 channel system for almost a year now and I am really enjoying it. I would highly recommend an audition to anyone in the market for a good quality integrated amp.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:25 AM

Just to add some comments...I am testing the Chord Sarum Power Cord in my Osiris and the sound improvement I got is just amazing...I have already tested so many power cords ( Shunyata Anaconda,Furutech Reference, Nordost Vahalla, Siltech Classic Anniversary, Combak, etc.. ) and have always prefered the overall performance of Rega´s own Power Cable plugged in the Osiris, however, the Chord Sarum is just incredible....i think it shows the real Osiris´ potential without losing any of its musicality...
Old 07-14-2012, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBA

I had the chance of listening a lot of top integrated amplifiers around...Diablo, Vitus, Dartzeel, Goldmund, ASR, MBL, Rega Osiris, etc....for me, the best is Vitus..but very, very close is the Osiris, costing much less....the big disappointment for me was the Dartzeel..
Inyeresting because I listened to the Dart and the Osiris although not side by side and the Osiris impressed me much more than the Dart. I had nothing to say against the Dart. But the Osiris was just stunning !
Old 07-14-2012, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBA
Just to add some comments...I am testing the Chord Sarum Power Cord in my Osiris and the sound improvement I got is just amazing...I have already tested so many power cords ( Shunyata Anaconda,Furutech Reference, Nordost Vahalla, Siltech Classic Anniversary, Combak, etc.. ) and have always prefered the overall performance of Rega´s own Power Cable plugged in the Osiris, however, the Chord Sarum is just incredible....i think it shows the real Osiris´ potential without losing any of its musicality...
My experience with the Rega PC is pretty different. My dealer had thevsame feeling. The Rega's provided PC is highly colored and a much better performance was obtained with various others, not expensive ones. I guess that depends highly on the speakers used. But in my system, the Rega's PC was a no no.

Sent from my iPad using A.Aficionado
Old 07-14-2012, 02:40 AM
Rebellious!

and a close second

Old 07-14-2012, 12:34 PM

Jérôme,

Frankly speaking, at first I could not believe that a so inexpensive PC could be better than the other PCs ( and expensive ones ) that I used to have, however, at least in my system, the Rega?s PC had been my choice...up to Sarum?s arriving...unfortunately I can say, once I am going to spend much more money rsrsrsrs

By the way, have you bought the RS 10 ? I had the chance of listening last week the RS7 in my dealer ( just to have an idea about Rega?s speaker sonical character). Unfortunately, It was not matched with a Rega?s system ( which would be perfect ). They are very good speaker indeed , however, not at the same level as my current one ( Dynaudio Special 25 ). I guess the RS10 should be in a completely different league comparing to the RS7

Regards,

Last edited by HBA; 07-14-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post

Jim...welcome to AA What speakers are you driving with the VAC Sigma 160 integrated? It osunds like you also have a vinyl source since you got the optional phono MC. Tell us more about your system. How does the VAC integrated perform as it relates to dimensionality and imaging? Thx