AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Chinese High-End Audio

Chinese High-End Audio Doge, Eastern Electric, Jungson, Psvane, Yulong

Old 04-09-2015, 09:40 AM

A newbie here and saw this post.

If it's not made in china, it could be still assembled with parts that were made in china.
Old 11-22-2015, 01:24 AM

I do enjoy my Jolida Envoy tube preamp
Old 11-23-2015, 01:05 AM

Aurilac is all Chinese designed and built. They make highly rated components including the Aries streamer, vega DAC, also mono power amps and 2 different preamps. Customer service and build quality are excellent.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:25 PM

The 2 entry level Luxman integrated amps are made in China. 550,590,505 and 507 are made in Japan.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tane0019 View Post
KEF make almost all their ranges (except the references upward which still remain in UK) in their own china factory.

Monitor Audio 100% all MIC.

B&W as well (maybe their top range still make in UK ??)

Musical Fidelity & Krell are make in Taiwan (not China).
ROC = Republic of China = Taiwan.
KEF is owned by Hong Kong Chinese.
Monitor Audio is still British (former management team) owned but 100%(all the way to the Platinum range) China made starting many years ago.

Musical Fidelity is owned by a Taiwan company and are made in Taiwan.
Krell entry level models (s300, s550) are made in China(mainland)
Old 12-28-2015, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by try1256 View Post
The 2 entry level Luxman integrated amps are made in China. 550,590,505 and 507 are made in Japan.
Luxman was merged into the IAG audio group years ago.
IAG is owned by 2 Taiwan Chinese(twin brothers).
Old 04-01-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiolover82 View Post
What about Aerial acoustics, Revel, High end JBL? I believe Magico, Rockport, Avalon, YG acoustic, Eggleston, Nola all still made in USA
Harman is global and manufactures all over but these days, it's hard to think of JBL as "Made in the USA." . Most lesser JBL products are manufactured offshore, Taiwan or China in Harman owned plants. Harman also manufactures in Mexico (Tijuana), just over the border, and I suspect things like Synthesis and the "serious" drivers are made there. Not sure about Everest, that could still be made in Northridge.

A complete list of Harman's factories and what is manufactured where is beyond me but I'll supply my best guesses. I believe Revel has moved cabinet manufacturing to Indonesia, Not sure about their crossovers and transducers. Those (I think) are either made here or in Mexico and then married to the boxes"somewhere in North America." The Elkhart IN facility is still active where some Crown (and likely Mark Levinson?)is still manufactured. I'm not sure but Revel is variously administered from Elkhart, Northridge and Waltham with the engineering being done (I believe) in Massachusetts.

The JBL factory at Northridge is still there serving engineering, sales and marketing, and I believe, customer service, manufacturing of cone kits and diaphragms, and probably warehousing and assembly but the big production lines with the fabulous voice coil winding machines and cabinet shops that defined JBL for most of us are gone. That happened about ten years ago.

If you were to buy any but the higher end Crown amplifiers for whatever reason it could have been made anywhere. I suspect that Mark Levinson might be manufactured in Indiana, but I'm not sure. I could get the latest on all this by making a few phone calls but you can take it to the bank that a very large percentage of Harman's stuff is no longer made here.

Notwithstanding, a great deal of the research and technology they've been pumping out lately is American (or Canadian ) inspired and the engineering is still first rate. They know exactly what quality standards their products meet (or don't meet) and you can take that to the bank as well.

I believe you can manufacture fabulous stuff anywhere be that here, Europe or Asia but it's sad for me to see so much industry moved offshore.

Last edited by Pampero; 04-05-2016 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:25 PM

Emotiva is also made in China.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:51 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by try1256 View Post
Are you sure this is still true? I just contacted what was LuxmanUSA and got a response from the IAG (International Audio Group) which is now the owner of the Luxman brand as well as Quad and a bunch of former British companies such as Quad & Leak. Have to admit I was saddened to learn my new Luxman SQ-N10 was made in China. Japan I can live with, but I shy away from China. The return address on their missive:

Luxman
IAG Group LTD.
Sanecore Science & Technology Industry Park, Jiuwei Village
Xixiang Town, Shenzhen,China 518102
Tel: +86-755-2748 4465 / Fax: +86-755-2965 1484
www.internationalaudiogroup.com
LUXMAN | Seeking higher sound quality

Revel & JBL are part of the Harmon International? Believe all of their products, other than Mark Levinson, which seems to be hanging in there in CT, are built in Asia (not necessarily China).

Edit: Have received my new Luxman SQ-N10. On the back of the amp and most places it states "designed & engineered by Luxman Japan", etc. However, on the box is a large label stating, "Made in China". On the flip side, it was as well packaged as any piece of gear I've owned and the fit & finish is just as good. Thus far it sounds great while breaking-in. Will give it a couple more days before setting it on the Stillpoints. Then let the tube rolling begin.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 04-09-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post

Revel & JBL are part of the Harmon International? Believe all of their products, other than Mark Levinson, which seems to be hanging in there in CT, are built in Asia (not necessarily China).

Indeed, they are Harman subsidiaries. Dr. Harman sold JBL to Beatrice and then re-acquired it in the early '80s as I recall. Revel has been a part of the Harman empire for well over a decade, if not longer.

JBL branded products are manufactured in any number of locations but many items including higher end products like (but not limited to) 4" voice coil compression drivers are made in Mexico. Levinson is still advertised as made in the USA. As far as I know (unless that's changed in the last couple of years) Crown's higher end amplifiers are also still made here (Indiana). As mentioned, I believe Revel cabinets are made in Indonesia. Harman also manufactures some pro items Soundcraft) in the UK, AKG in Austria , and owns factories in Taiwan as well as sourcing in China. I would not be surprised to learn that they manufacture given items in virtually any part of the world as their various needs dictate.

Last edited by Pampero; 04-14-2016 at 08:39 AM.