AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Old 03-04-2021, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Well good sir, you are obviously living in your own world with its own rules and vocabulary definitions ...
I can assure you that I live very much in the real world. I have grown weary of your ad hominem attacks - probably the laziest of logical fallacies - and your interest in argument rather than discussion.

This is the Friendly Forum for High End Audio. It increasingly appears that's a difficult premise for you to accept.
Old 03-05-2021, 02:32 AM

I’ll be interested in seeing how states plan on providing and delivering enough electricity to charge millions of electric cars in order to ban the sales of gas and diesel trucks by 2030. Heck California can’t generate and/or deliver adequate electricity in the summer to run their AC already and fusion is decades away from being a reality. Solar works in some parts of the country better than others ... govt should do some feasibility studies so we don’t wake up in 2030 and have a bunch of electric cars and nothing to charge them with. We may be choosing AC or charge the car? Hmmm ... LOL

George
Old 03-05-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
I’ll be interested in seeing how states plan on providing and delivering enough electricity to charge millions of electric cars in order to ban the sales of gas and diesel trucks by 2030. Heck California can’t generate and/or deliver adequate electricity in the summer to run their AC already and fusion is decades away from being a reality. Solar works in some parts of the country better than others ... govt should do some feasibility studies so we don’t wake up in 2030 and have a bunch of electric cars and nothing to charge them with. We may be choosing AC or charge the car? Hmmm ... LOL

George
Ignoring the source of the real problem in California will go a long way towards actually fixing it... Blame everything but the main problem... https://calmatters.org/commentary/my...s-an-overhaul/
Old 03-05-2021, 10:36 AM
Life is beautiful

Well, I would like to be in an electric car in a traffic jam like this...

Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 03-05-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Well, I would like to be in an electric car in a traffic jam like this...

Bart, an even better idea is to have virtually unlimited "vertical" lanes of "sky-highway" travel.

U.S. planemaker Boeing Co said it was working with Volkswagen’s sports car brand, Porsche, to develop a concept electric flying vehicle capable of transporting people in urban settings.

Boeing is already competing with arch-rival Airbus SE and other companies to introduce small self-flying vehicles capable of vertical takeoff and landing.

Earlier this year, the planemaker conducted an inaugural test flight of an aerial car prototype that could accommodate two to four passengers and fly up to 50 miles.

The test flight was within months of Airbus showcasing a prototype of an autonomous passenger vehicle in partnership with Volkswagen’s premium brand, Audi, that has the ability to both fly and drive.

Porsche has been aiming to build flying cars that can be used as taxis and for ride-sharing purposes.

As part of the deal, Boeing and Porsche will analyze the market potential for premium aerial vehicles and their possible use in highly populated cities and metropolises, the companies said.

The partnership comes at a crucial time for both Volkswagen and Boeing.