Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Automobiles

Automobiles Need for Speed

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 11:32 AM

Post GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

December 29th 2020

Well guys,
This has taken place Way-way faster than I thought.
I was actually thinking to do this around June/July 2021 time frame.
What totally altered/changed my original plans was what I recently found out from my Porsche of Nashville G/M Cody.
They don't have an allocation for a GT4.
And from what he shared with me when he called me last night it might be months before he does.
With that ^^^ being said and duly-noted on this end we decided to not go with Plan 1.
Instead we went ahead and paid-off the Audi RS-3 and proceeded to get things rolling immediately from my end.
I got hold of the Audi G/M I use to work with many-many years ago Robert Hartman at Audi of Nashville.
He told me what he could put into the RS-3 I special ordered from him back in May 2019.
I could live with his trade-in amount and actually since I wasn't waiting until June/July 2021.
He was able and willing to put thousands more into the RS-3 for me.

So now the wait begins for Cody to get another GT4 allocation to actually place the order with Porsche officially.

Below are pictures of all that just took place.
And for those that don't know me from other internet sites I'm a picture taking fellow being retired I have the time to do that.
I figure by starting my own dedicated thread I can easily keep it up to date as things progress.

The pictures below are the Audi RS-3 before Robert came to pick it up this late afternoon.

Since it's winter here I did hook-up my Battery Minder as I knew the RS3 wasn't going to be driven in crappy weather conditions.

The next pictures are Robert with the black mask and no-hair. LOL !!!
We are doing the paperwork.

I also gave Robert a Demo in my Dedicated-Home-Theater playing the Extreme Action part on the Hard-Disc SUPER 8 movie.
He was totally Blown-Away !!!

Next are pictures of Robert checking over the RS-3 with me and then he is off to Audi of Nashville.

And I just now received this picture of it and where is it ???
On the Audi of Nashville ................ New-Car-Showroom !!!

Okay now for the New Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 in Racing Yellow:
Guys when I say I am excited about this believe me that's an understatement if there ever was one.
My wife (Cathy) of plus 37-years is also all in on this.
In-fact she is the reason I can do this to be Matter-of-Fact about it.
What started this in the 1st place was I mentioned maybe looking into the new to be released next Corvette with the Bad-Boy-Engine.
She immediately came back to me and said something to the effect of, Terry get some Class and get a Porsche.
With that ^^^ being said since I was also checking out the New 2021 GT4 with the optional PDK tranny it was decided which way I was going to go.
I did the build on-line and went over and over and over it as the days passed by to make damn sure I didn't overlook anything.
And believe it or not as many times as I have done this I did find a few things I needed to add.
At 75 years old I won't be tracking it and therefore as you will see from the build I went with all the comfort items.
For those that don't know I have been into modified cars since back in the mid 60's when I returned from my three year Army enlistment.
Last place I went was Cu-Chi, Vietnam between the years 1965 & 1966.
I also had a great many Super-Fast street bikes.
And did some drag-racing with them.
As the years have gone by I'm a lot calmer and these days I'm into two things, my Home Theater & of course Cars, Duh ..... LOL !!!

And speaking of my Wife "Cathy" that has "Tolerated" me for over 37-years this is her.

Porsche of Nashville

Below are pictures from the On-Line Build Internet Site.
I think these will at least give you the general idea of what I ordered.

Guys when I watched the below video I knew right then I wanted a New Porsche GT4.
The manufacturing facility to me looks like a Surgical-Clean-Room !!!

I haven't a clue as to why the below video will not show-up !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NES4iIfO3A&feature=emb_logo

Well the Longgggggggggggggg ........... wait has begun,
Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 01-19-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-19-2021, 11:48 AM

Terry
Outstanding purchase. Your gonna have fun!
Old 01-19-2021, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Terry
Outstanding purchase. Your gonna have fun!

+1! I remember when you ordered the RS3 which was awesome. This car will be a joy to be driven. Look forward to the pics.

Mitch
Old 01-19-2021, 12:15 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Terry... Huge Congrats! Enjoy it in the best of health!
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 01-19-2021, 12:22 PM

Terry, as a previous owner of various Caymans and Boxsters, including the rare versions such as the "R" and "Spyder", I would suggest you also consider the 911 Carrera since your build takes you into 911 range $$$ wise.

The GT4 is a track tuned version, designed for aggressive driving and really shining at the track and as such, will require a bit of a sacrifice in road comfort.

They are not terrible, I have driven the previous version of GT4 but it is definitely not the car one would mistake for a luxury ride and I believe you used the word "luxury" and "comfort items" in your post.

I don't know if you have ever driven a Cayman before? They are a more intimate cabin space cars compared to a 911 which offers more real estate inside for a tall guy and a 911 is way more capable than a mere mortal can ever truly put down on the street without losing his/her driver's license...

I can see the desire to own a more limited production track oriented Cayman but honestly after owning a half dozen of them, I would personally steer any customer towards a 911 which offers everything anyone that does not intend on tracking their car would ever want. Even a base 911 would go a long way on the track... Porsche builds sports cars...

Just a friendly advise from a guy who has been through at least a dozen Porsches and is being totally objective.

Besides, the GT4 allocations are very hard to come by and you may be disappointed after a long wait. It has happened to more than a few of my Porsche enthusiast buddies as they came up empty handed in the end...
Old 01-19-2021, 01:12 PM
Retired

Nice. My favorite current Porsche. Also the color I would pick. Enjoy!!
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 01-19-2021, 03:41 PM

Wow. From the hellcat to the Audi to the Porsche. You’ve covered much of the spectrum in a short time.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:39 PM
Racing Hoopties

Congrats Terry! This is almost better than buying a new pair of speakers!
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 01-19-2021, 08:47 PM

Congrats Terry, the wait is the fun part!
Old 01-20-2021, 03:07 AM
Life is beautiful

Terry, congrats!!

I'm with Serge on this one though, with a 911, Rascal can accompany you and Cathy.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Closed Thread