AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 12-20-2020, 02:06 AM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
I'll give the Sabrina X a listen, hopefully sometime soon. It's been some years since my last Wilson pair and I am starting to get the itch for the Wilson sound again.
Hope you enjoy them. FYI, Paul has a pair.
Old 12-20-2020, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphacts View Post
Hope you enjoy them. FYI, Paul has a pair.
I'll talk to Paul, thanks Bill.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:44 AM

It's clear there is some incredible forethought and mechanical engineering and industrial design put into the XVX. These videos really show how impressive every aspect of the design and construction is. Thanks for posting....

Last edited by SCAudiophile; 12-20-2020 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
It's clear there is some incredible forethought and mechanical engineering and industrial design put into the XVX. These videos really show how impressive every aspect of the design and construction is. Thanks for posting....
I have always admired Wilson's relentless pursuit of advancing their products with ideas and designs that break the traditional mold and allow them to achieve that which seemed impossible only a few years ago.

The flagship products continue to inspire and impress with technological progress but the bread and butter models are also elegantly brought forward in evolutionary steps with the benefit of trickle down technology, the knowledge and experience which was gained from the flagship research.

I have never felt that Wilson has tried to alienate their loyal clients by some radical designs and completely new directions in the hopes of generating sales and getting clients to upgrade. Skipping a generation or two still yields a familiar, yet often improved version of the model that has faithfully serenaded the owner. AT that point, the client is perhaps getting ready to upgrade and ease into the new model to enjoy for the next 4-5 years.

Some very select clients will breathe the rarified air of the Wamm Master Chronosonic, some will revel in the XVX but there are many, many, more who get to enjoy the rest of the lineup that never fails to impress down to the smallest and most affordable model.

Last edited by PHC1; 12-20-2020 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-20-2020, 03:12 PM

I assume the vids were from Audio Excellence in Canada. I watched both the unboxing and setup vids. Their channel seems to have removed them.

FWIW, the setup looked very straight forward. Measure the distance to the main listening position and then measure the height to the listeners ear and simply follow the provided chart to determine which spikes to use and what elevation, etc.

Wonder if Wilson had a hand in the vids removal?
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Old 12-20-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
I assume the vids were from Audio Excellence in Canada. I watched both the unboxing and setup vids. Their channel seems to have removed them.

FWIW, the setup looked very straight forward. Measure the distance to the main listening position and then measure the height to the listeners ear and simply follow the provided chart to determine which spikes to use and what elevation, etc.

Hmm, not sure why they went down. I thought they were interesting.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:02 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post

We at Wilson Audio enjoy Adrian's videos. I have no idea why they are down.

FYI, those numbers/nomographs are an integral part of the set up process of every Wilson Audio speaker.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:19 AM

Not sure why it’s been taken down
Old 12-21-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey_v View Post
Not sure why it’s been taken down
The videos are still visible and available last night and this morning...

https://youtu.be/_2NRk1g2ddo

https://youtu.be/Gn6P4jFWRf8
Old 12-22-2020, 05:52 AM

Thanks much to Serge for posting the videos. I have been extremely busy and have endoscopic surgery today but I wanted to comment since I have numbers 39 and 40. The XVX is absolutely the first speaker I have been 100% satisfied with. It sounds amazing at 1 watt. It sounds amazing at 120 watts. I told a good friend of mine who also owns one and has a much better writers vocabulary that even he has exhausted superlatives. I'll leave the description of the sonics to him.

It turns out the A-frame was no issue at all. I think the XVX sounds better in my room, all things being equal, than either my previous Alexx or Maxx3. The final tweak for me was the new improved Thor and getting the 3-4 dB 40 Hz bass peak tamed by placing the phase at 90 degrees.

I believe I was fortunate to have a good competent dealer to install. It only took them about 3 hours from the time they arrived but the Alexx had been removed and they had it all planned out. I took a long walk and when I returned was surprised that they were finished.

However, they had to return twice. I watched the videos carefully. I noted all their points. If the installation had been 100% the first time I would have not appreciated the video nearly as much.

I hope everyone is having a good holidays.

Best

Charles

Last edited by Charles; 12-22-2020 at 05:57 AM.