AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 07-30-2021, 03:51 AM

Two weeks ago I have ripped my "tiny" SACD collection with the above mentioned method (with my Oppo BDP 103D), you have to follow the procedure to the letter and then it works flawlessly. Especially happy with my ripped Dire Straits MFSL SACD's, they sound incredibly good stored on my Aurender N10 and SSD (usb drive) connected to my dCS Rossini.
Old 07-30-2021, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
Two weeks ago I have ripped my "tiny" SACD collection with the above mentioned method (with my Oppo BDP 103D), you have to follow the procedure to the letter and then it works flawlessly. Especially happy with my ripped Dire Straits MFSL SACD's, they sound incredibly good stored on my Aurender N10 and SSD (usb drive) connected to my dCS Rossini.
Impreza.... That's great news, but would mind elaborating on which set of instructions you had good luck with? At this point, I'm up to four sets of written instructions and they're all different. Needless to say, a computer has to be told exactly what to do, so any variations in the procedure will invariably cause a failure.

Thanks for your post

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Old 07-30-2021, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
Nope. Ethernet (or WiFi).
So are internet services necessary to rip SACDs? Will a local area network without internet, but WiFi is enabled via a wireless router, work?

I was watching Tom D'Acquisto's YT video where he is ripping SACDs to an Oppo 105D using Sonore iso2dsd software. At about 2:50 into the video he mentions "File" and "Server Input".

He entered an IP address for his Oppo in server input so I assume internet is needed?

If you don't have internet do you use the "File" option or will a mac address suffice in "Server Input"?
Old 07-30-2021, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaki View Post
So are internet services necessary to rip SACDs? Will a local area network without internet, but WiFi is enabled via a wireless router, work?
No Internet involved. Needed to communicate between the Oppo and the computer hosting the software and storing the output.

Quote:
I was watching Tom D'Acquisto's YT video where he is ripping SACDs to an Oppo 105D using Sonore iso2dsd software. At about 2:50 into the video he mentions "File" and "Server Input".
OK.

Quote:
He entered an IP address for his Oppo in server input so I assume internet is needed?
The IP address is the address on the LAN.

Quote:
If you don't have internet do you use the "File" option or will a mac address suffice in "Server Input"?
No. Server input means working with the Oppo. File input means working with the stored files, e.g., to convert the content of the ISO file to DSF/DFF.
Old 07-30-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
At this point, I'm up to four sets of written instructions and they're all different.
They all work. My preference is
https://github.com/setmind/SACDExtractGUI
Old 07-30-2021, 07:06 PM

Thanks @Kal Rubinson ! That makes it much easier.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaki View Post
Thanks @Kal Rubinson ! That makes it much easier.
OK. The procedures are generally similar so that, once you learn one, it will trivial to try another and see what appeals to you.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
+1

Bedroom: Aurender N150, TEAC UD-505 (AKM version), EMIA Cu Elmaformer passive line stage, conrad-johnson MF2500, Paradigm Studio 20 v5. Shunyata Delta D6, Altaira CG hub. Shunyata Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, Alpha USB, Alpha and Venom CGC/SGC. Wireworld Eclipse 8 interconnect & speaker cables. Stillpoints footers, Butcher Block Acoustics maple platforms. Stillpoints and GIK acoustic panels.

Home Office:Windows 11 PC/JRiver 31, TEAC UD-501, Luminous Audio Technology Axiom II Walker Mod passive, conrad-johnson Sonographe SA-250, Paradigm SE-1. Shunyata Hydra (Original Version), Venom 10 NR. Wireworld Eclipse 7 interconnects. Blue Jeans speaker cable.

Living-Dining Room: Windows 11 Laptop/JRiver 29, Oppo BD-83, TEAC UD-501 DAC, SOTA Sapphire TT, Graham Slee Era Gold V, Ortofon 2M Black, McIntosh MR-77, c-j Sonographe SC-25, c-j MF2500, Paradigm SE-3. Wireworld 8 IC, Blue Jeans SC. Shunyata Hydra 8 v.2, Shunyata Delta NR, Venom NR. GIK 244 bass & scatter-plate panels.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:24 PM

Default Any Mac Users?

It's great getting all of these posts, but my consistent failures lead me to a basic question: Has anyone used their Oppo 103 or 105 to rip SACDs via Mac OS X?

I watched a YT video [link below] in which a Mac user is ripping SACDs, but, in his case, the three files he placed into the "AutoScript" folder in the root of his thumb drive are as follows: AutoScript (Unix executable), AutoScript.TSS (???) and sacd_extract (Unix executable).

The three files I've managed to download, on the other hand, are as follows: AutoScript (TextEdit Document, 141 bytes), AutoScript.TSS (???, 141 bytes) and sacd_extract (TextEdit Document, 353 KB).

CLICK HERE TO WATCH YT VIDEO

OUR VINTAGE MAC: MAC4100, MAC4200 | AMPS: MC452, MC300 | MAC PRE/PROS: MX151, MX130, MX121 | B&W SPEAKERS: (2) N802s, (2) N805s, (1) HTM3S | NEWER EQUIPMENT: Oppo 203 & 105D, Sony X800M2, Denon CDR-W1500 | VIDEO DISPLAY: 65" LG OLED | IMPORTANT NOTE: Zero High-speed internet connections
Old 07-31-2021, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
It's great getting all of these posts, but my consistent failures lead me to a basic question: Has anyone used their Oppo 103 or 105 to rip SACDs via Mac OS X?
Sorry. I never use Mac.

However, I did stumble on this: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...#post-27449397

Last edited by Kal Rubinson; 07-31-2021 at 07:46 PM.