AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 05-01-2015, 05:15 AM

Default BDA-2 + BDP-1 USB + Tidal

So I have a BDA-2 and am thinking to get the BDP-1 USB but cant find one in Australia (Sydney) to try out.
Since I discovered Tidal that's all I ever listen to these days. At the moment I connect my mac mini to the bda-2 onto to the SP3. I need to use a keyboard and mouse to control the music which is really starting to annoy me. There is no IOS app for Tidal.
I heard Bryston has beta version of Tidal running on the BDP-1 USB. How do you find it controlling the music? Is it possible to use the BR-2 remote to change tracks or do I need to use an app for the iPad? I prefer the old fashioned remote to be frank just to flick through tracks, instead of getting the iPad, loading the app, waiting, start browsing, pick a song, etc.

I also just noticed on bryston's website under the BDA-2 says you can use the BR2 remote. What can it be used for on the BDA-2? On/off? How?
Old 05-01-2015, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
So I have a BDA-2 and am thinking to get the BDP-1 USB but cant find one in Australia (Sydney) to try out.
Since I discovered Tidal that's all I ever listen to these days. At the moment I connect my mac mini to the bda-2 onto to the SP3. I need to use a keyboard and mouse to control the music which is really starting to annoy me. There is no IOS app for Tidal.
I heard Bryston has beta version of Tidal running on the BDP-1 USB. How do you find it controlling the music? Is it possible to use the BR-2 remote to change tracks or do I need to use an app for the iPad? I prefer the old fashioned remote to be frank just to flick through tracks, instead of getting the iPad, loading the app, waiting, start browsing, pick a song, etc.

I also just noticed on bryston's website under the BDA-2 says you can use the BR2 remote. What can it be used for on the BDA-2? On/off? How?
Hi

You would have to use the built in Bryston custom APP (on the new MM software) on the BDP to control Tidal on your IPAD or ITOUCH or MAC,

The BR2 Remote can control the power and allow you to switch inputs on your BDA. Its great for comparing different sources.

james
Old 05-01-2015, 06:48 AM

Thanks James, how does the remote turn the power off/on the bda? When I press the power button on the br2 it just works for the sp3.
Old 05-01-2015, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
Thanks James, how does the remote turn the power off/on the bda? When I press the power button on the br2 it just works for the sp3.
You have to push the preamp button then the power button on the BR2 I believe to get it to turn off the BDA2

james
Old 05-01-2015, 07:17 AM

Sorry I just realised its a br3 remote. My bad.