AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bryston Audio

Bryston Audio Unlimited, Unprecedented, Unequalled

Old 01-11-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod#S View Post
Great pics It's nice to see the BDA-3
There it is!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds
Old 01-13-2015, 01:00 PM

To: James Tanner

Hi James

Your demo at CES was outstanding! It easily compared to extremely high dollar (i.e. overpriced) systems going for over $100k. Not bad especially when your system retailed out at less than ~ $20k. Also, your overall room display was noteworthy!

FYI - I intentionally had my friends listen to a couple/few high dollar systems just prior to coming to your room. Once you conducted the demo, do you remember me telling them your total system cost was about 1/2 the cost of a particular tubed power amplifier we just listened too? After the demo, both agreed your system is amazing for both the sound quality, price, and the outstanding twenty year warranty on all the items except for the digital boxes. I also advised them of the added performance of difference stands, larger model T series speakers, and other cables looms.

Regards
Dan
Old 01-13-2015, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWJW View Post
James,
I love the fact Bryston/you are so open in telling customers about new products you are developing and the launching of new products ALL YEAR LONG. Your competition....not so much. Thank you for keeping us "in the loop."

Keep up the great work. I love my Bryston amps!
+1... I love how James is quick to answer any queries relating to Bryston...
Old 01-14-2015, 09:20 AM

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Bryston CES Demo

January 2015

Demo System

• Mini T Speakers
• 7B SST2 Amps
• BP26 Preamp
• BDA-2 DAC
• BDP-2 Player
• BIT 20

We still miss the wonderful room that used to be jointly set up by Bryston and Thiel.

Bryston has its own room now, because it now has its own highly successful line of speakers. In a smaller room, now, it still provided great music.

Gerard Reskind
UHF Magazine

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 01-14-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:08 AM

SUBJECT: Bryston CES 2015

Bryston's Model T subwoofer - By Larry Greenhill

"This is our new top-of-the-line subwoofer," said James Tanner, as he proudly showed a non-playing Byrston Model T subwoofer that will retail at $4795 each. He described why Bryston built a 110' tower to confirm that sub's anechoic response does actually reach down to 12Hz.

This depth of response was achieved by a thorough vibration analysis, crossover refinement, and new driver design. Three 8" long-throw cone drivers, powered by an internal class-D 600W amplifier, are used to generate the sub's 18Hz–150Hz (±3dB) response with a maximum SPL of 108dB measured at 1 meter. The sub's internal low-pass crossover can be set at 40Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 150Hz. The 105 lb Bryston Model T sub stands a little over 3' tall.

As with many subwoofers being developed today, no high-pass crossover option is offered. James Tanner, like me, uses a Bryston 10B sub external electronic crossover to roll off his main/satellite loudspeakers so they don't have to play the deepest bass notes when the Model T sub is working. Both he and the designer of the Thiel subwoofer claim that audiophiles these days don't ask for high pass filters for their after-market subwoofers.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:02 PM

SUBJECT: Bryston CES Demo 2015

January 2015

BLU-RAY Definition.com Magazine

CES 2015 Highlights: Video and Audio Notes
Lawrence D. Devoe, MD

Best in the Audio Show

“Speaking of bargains, Bryston’s stand-mounted Mini-T’s in an all-Bryston system cranked out some outrageous quality bass and wide dispersion thanks to the Mini-T’s new dome tweeter.

Of the literally hundreds of new products actually available for purchase there were a few that made a big impression on my aging sensory organs.
the Bryston Mini-T’s just did everything right from top to bottom.”

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 01-18-2015 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haurock View Post
+1... I love how James is quick to answer any queries relating to Bryston...
He's the head of marketing, and he's good at it. No secret here, other than he seems to work harder on the forums that anyone else. Gotta love that!
Supporting System: McIntosh MX122 A/V Center; MC205 Amplifier; Bryston 14bSST2 Amplifier; PS Audio P10 Power Reconditioner; Revel Salon 2 Mains; Revel Voice 2 CC; JL Audio f113v2 (2); JL Audio CR-1 Crossover; Focal IC1002 Surrounds
Old 01-19-2015, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston View Post
SUBJECT: Bryston CES 2015

Bryston's Model T subwoofer - By Larry Greenhill

"This is our new top-of-the-line subwoofer," said James Tanner, as he proudly showed a non-playing Byrston Model T subwoofer that will retail at $4795 each. He described why Bryston built a 110' tower to confirm that sub's anechoic response does actually reach down to 12Hz.

This depth of response was achieved by a thorough vibration analysis, crossover refinement, and new driver design. Three 8" long-throw cone drivers, powered by an internal class-D 600W amplifier, are used to generate the sub's 18Hz–150Hz (±3dB) response with a maximum SPL of 108dB measured at 1 meter. The sub's internal low-pass crossover can be set at 40Hz, 80Hz, 100Hz, or 150Hz. The 105 lb Bryston Model T sub stands a little over 3' tall.

As with many subwoofers being developed today, no high-pass crossover option is offered. James Tanner, like me, uses a Bryston 10B sub external electronic crossover to roll off his main/satellite loudspeakers so they don't have to play the deepest bass notes when the Model T sub is working. Both he and the designer of the Thiel subwoofer claim that audiophiles these days don't ask for high pass filters for their after-market subwoofers.
This is what I mean when I say we need speaker specs, too.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:35 PM

BEST OF CES 2015 – BDP-1 USB

Best of CES 2015: Bryston Showcases Hi-Res Music Player

James
Old 04-16-2015, 11:14 AM

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

SOUND & VIDEO

CES 2015

Yet another incredible demonstration by Bryston’s Mini T’s! Mr. James Tanner of Bryston is pictured showing his $3,000 retail speakers.

They easily mopped up rooms costing tens of thousands more. My highest recommendation.

Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; 04-16-2015 at 11:43 AM.