AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Events & Demos

Events & Demos Manufacturer & Dealer Sponsored Events

Old 07-22-2021, 09:06 AM

Default RMAF 2021 -- Oct. 8-10 -- who's going?

https://www.audiofest.net/

Are any of you planning to attend this year. I have hotel reservations at the Gaylord, but still not sure if I'll attend. I have mixed feelings about it for a couple of reasons.

First, the exhibitor list, at least so far, seems to be smaller than in the past. I believe AXPONA will have a significantly greater exhibitor list, but I have no interest in being in Chicago in late October.

Secondly, with these new reports of breakthrough covid infections in vaccinated individuals, I'm a bit concerned, at my age, about being in close proximity with so many people a thousand miles from home. I feel like it probably wouldn't kill me, but if you contract covid in a hotel full of people, it is going to be one huge hassle. Thoughts?

Weird -- the older and more decrepit my ears get, the greater my desire to buy newer and better "audiophile" gear!
Old 07-22-2021, 10:24 AM

Mark, my son and I are booked (air and hotel). I have similar concerns as you, but think I’ll just watch the trends and wait till the last minute to make a final decision.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 07-22-2021, 12:03 PM

I'm going! I think the exhibitor list will grow at the last minute.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:10 AM
Go Dawgs

Marc, Tony or anyone else......we're getting down to crunch time here with RMAF, have any of you heard if there are any hangups or issues with the show??? I know trade shows are still hit or miss.......I was taking a look at AXPONA's site and they have a MUCH larger list of exhibitors, many we haven't seen recently at RMAF. Denver is by far the nicer venue but was wondering if it may be worth taking a look at AXPONA instead????? I'd much rather be at the Gaylord Center, but if the exhibitor list is that much better, maybe it would be worth it? What do you all think??

https://www.axpona.com/exhibitors.asp

Even Scaena Loudspeakers have a room at AXPONA.......haven't seen a pair of those sine AXPONA in Atlanta years ago......man they were impressive.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3

Last edited by audioguy3107; 08-07-2021 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-07-2021, 11:54 AM

Default RMAF 2021 -- Oct. 8-10 -- who's going?

I can’t do Axpona, I’ll be in Hawaii - it would be a short conversation if I told my wife I was thinking of going to an audio show instead.[emoji41]

I am starting to get a little concerned about RMAF though. The exhibitor list isn’t very long, and the only update they’ve posted since March is an announcement of a new release from NOLA. There are NO seminars listed, and that strikes me as odd for a show that’s less than two months away. Also the Denver area is a hotspot for delta transmission right now, and they still haven’t posted anything on their site about safety protocols.

I booked flights and hotel in early June, but frankly I’m back on the fence at the moment.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2

Last edited by Antonmb; 08-07-2021 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-07-2021, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Marc, Tony or anyone else......we're getting down to crunch time here with RMAF, have any of you heard if there are any hangups or issues with the show??? I know trade shows are still hit or miss.......I was taking a look at AXPONA's site and they have a MUCH larger list of exhibitors, many we haven't seen recently at RMAF. Denver is by far the nicer venue but was wondering if it may be worth taking a look at AXPONA instead????? I'd much rather be at the Gaylord Center, but if the exhibitor list is that much better, maybe it would be worth it? What do you all think??

https://www.axpona.com/exhibitors.asp

Even Scaena Loudspeakers have a room at AXPONA.......haven't seen a pair of those sine AXPONA in Atlanta years ago......man they were impressive.

- Buck
Yeah, I almost posted here yesterday about RMAF, but my topic was whether anyone else, in light of this Delta variant, is starting wonder if this show is going to come off at all. But I assume that could just as easily affect AXPONA.

As to AXPONA vs RMAF, I attended AXPONA in 2018 and, yes, it was a massive show with many more exhibitors than RMAF 2018, which I also attended.

But I'm not real keen on being in Chicago in late October. When I attended AXPONA in mid April, I ran into a near blizzard on the interstate just south of Chicago. But, one thing in favor of AXPONA is Lou Malnati's!

20180415_172648 by MDTshots, on Flickr
20180415_170525 by MDTshots, on Flickr

I guess if the RMAF exhibitor list remains skimpy, compared to that of AXPONA, I might reconsider. I do feel like a lot of exhibitors remain pissed at RMAF for how much they raised their exhibitor fees after the move to the Gaylord. Now, at AXPONA, it's almost impossible to get a room in the Rennaisance Hotel, so you have to stay at a nearby hotel and drive over there or ride a shuttle.

At AXPONA, they had a free concert by this great local blues band. I'm not sure if they are doing anything similar this year, due to covid.

DSC_0666 by MDTshots, on Flickr

Weird -- the older and more decrepit my ears get, the greater my desire to buy newer and better "audiophile" gear!
Old 08-09-2021, 12:05 PM

Well, I just saw that the New Orleans Jazz Festival, scheduled for about the same time, has been canceled due to covid concerns.

Old 08-09-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrot View Post
Well, I just saw that the New Orleans Jazz Festival, scheduled for about the same time, has been canceled due to covid concerns.

Louisiana is a real hotspot for delta.
Old 08-10-2021, 09:52 AM

I have my room booked, but holding off on flights for the moment.
Parasound JC-1s (3), A-21
Kharma dB11-s Mains, Cremona M (center) Grand Pianos (rears)
JL Audio Gotham G213 V1(1) F-112V1(1) F-112V2(1)
Clearaudio Innovation Wood, Benz Micro Gullwing SLR Dynavector XX2 MK2 Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
Audio Research Ref 2se phono
Lumin X1
Lumin S1
Oppo-205
AudioQuest Hurricane HC, Tornado HC(2), and Thunder HC, Diamond RJ/E
PS Audio P-10(2) AC-3, AC-5, AC-10 PCs.
(6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, (6)Furutech outlets.
(1) GDX-DR-NCF, (2) GDX-D Gold, (3) GDX-D Rhodium
AZ Absolute Copper, and Clear Day Audio solid silver Bal ICs.
WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables.
Rob
Old 08-10-2021, 10:07 AM

With the cases related to the Delta virus going up, I would say many shows in 2021 could be affected. I sure hope not, but the numbers projected over the next 4 weeks, don’t look good.