AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Travel & Leisure

Travel & Leisure AA around the World

Old 10-14-2020, 08:12 PM
Retired

Default Time to travel again?

We booked the Grand Canyon for a few days (El Tovar) in May. Then Rome for several days (have been all over Italy, but never Rome, so a bucket-list checkoff) followed by a cruise home next November. Hopefully, we'll all be safe to travel wherever by then.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 10-14-2020, 09:25 PM

Good luck Glenn. I’m just hoping to get to Hawaii in February, maybe Switzerland to visit family in May and go on to Hi End Munich.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 10-14-2020, 10:51 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
Good luck Glenn. I’m just hoping to get to Hawaii in February, maybe Switzerland to visit family in May and go on to Hi End Munich.
Tony - thank you. b-in-law lives in Maui and reports they are doing quite well at the moment and everything is open. Let's hope it stays that way.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 11-29-2020, 01:58 PM
Retired

Think we may be getting ready to turn the corner to safe travel. Fond memories. With grand-daughter in Le Jardin Du Luxembourg, June of 2015. She's now a freshman at GW.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Luxembourg.jpg (97.3 KB, 266 views)
Old 01-21-2021, 12:35 PM
Retired

The best laid plans of mice & men......................
Both of our trips were canceled (May & Nov) in the last two weeks by the companies we were booked with, for covid reasons. So, we've wait-listed for Venice(4days)/Florence(3)/Rome(6) at the end of Oct and, in the meantime, Ottawa tulip festival the 2nd week of May followed by Montreal & Quebec City.
Got our 1st vaccine shot on 1/19 and scheduled for the 2nd on 2/9. Probably head to FL for a couple of weeks towards the end of Feb when we are feeling 'safe'.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:31 AM
Retired

Two more fall trans-Atlantic cruises canceled. Next one booked to Bilbao for April '22.
In the meantime, we've managed Key West & Winter Park for a few weeks late winter/early spring. Also, a couple of days in Corning, NY to visit the Corning Museum of Glass and the Rockwell Museum. Stayed in the Lackawanna Station Hotel in Scranton, PA on the trip home, which is quite well done, though just reopening after covid.
Looking forward to a swing thru the Finger Lakes wine region in July, unless Canada opens and we can head up to Ottawa & Quebec City.
Do wish everyone would get vaccinated so we could end this scourge.
Old 06-15-2021, 12:03 PM

We had an Alaskan cruise and Israel trip cancelled because of Covid-19. We are all vaxed up, have the documentation in our passports, and are re-booked for our Israel trip in October of this year. We hope to cruise the Danube and spend a month in Sorento, Italy in 2022. I agree, get vaxed and let’s travel! We miss it!

Last edited by Imapo; 06-17-2021 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Fixed a typo
Old 06-15-2021, 05:39 PM

I wouldn't show too much hope for Europe,they are glacially slow with their vaccination progress. Finally got my new bike, but it might not even be blighty come September.
Old 06-15-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Stayed in the Lackawanna Station Hotel in Scranton, PA on the trip home, which is quite well done, though just reopening after covid.
I wish I had known you were in Scranton, Glenn. Glad to see Trax bar & grill in the Radisson is now reopened.
Old 06-15-2021, 07:21 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62caddy View Post
I wish I had known you were in Scranton, Glenn. Glad to see Trax bar & grill in the Radisson is now reopened.
We would have been happy to have you join us. Next time.
Trax served some good fish & chips (a very generous portion - + Black & Tan on tap) and an excellent piece of salmon. Carmen's had not yet opened, post-Covid.
Here is the chandelier over the bar. A great building to explore.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Trax.jpeg (214.6 KB, 173 views)