AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Accuphase

Accuphase Enrich Life through Technology

Old 12-31-2014, 02:42 PM

Thanks bvdiman. I would love to try the PS-520 but my budget only stretched to the PSAudio P10. On that subject plugging the computer and HDD into it did indeed improve the sound.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp1 View Post
Accuphase previously stated that the inherent noise associated with streaming audio and the lack of industry standards had prevented them from developing a digital source unit. However, there is evidence that Accuphase is considering exactly that. With the DC-37, the HS-Link spec has been increased to handle 32 bit/ 384 KHz and 1 bit 5.6448 MHZ. There is no spinning disc standard that requires such spec but a dedicated digital server would. So hopefully we will see such a beast in the not too distant future.
The increased bandwidth of HS-Link had escaped my notice, although that's easy to do. I couldn't imagine Accuphase offering an Auralic Aries, X100N device since network streamers are so heavily reliant on software working flawlessly, with all kinds of streaming services coming (or going), the choices and wants of listeners is truly an herculean task. That kind of rapid deployment I can't visualise.

OTOH, I can see Accuphase creating an USB or SPDIF output from a streamer to HS-LINK protocol converter which would clean up the mess of the two media, and would ensure compatibility with existing Accuphase product only.

Interesting times ahead.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp1 View Post
Thanks bvdiman. I would love to try the PS-520 but my budget only stretched to the PSAudio P10. On that subject plugging the computer and HDD into it did indeed improve the sound.
I personally love P10 as much, if not more… Both are fine performers depending on applications.
Old 01-14-2015, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elberoth View Post
BTW I have the 800/801 service manual where voltage change is described ... should be the same for all models. PM me if interested.
i know this is an old post ... tried to PM you, but it doesn´t work.
would you mind to PM me with a link to the page of the service manual where the voltage change is decribed?

thanks
delgesu
Old 01-16-2015, 09:06 PM

Default Upgrade of the HS-Link to DSD128

Another theory : The current conversion from the SA-CD internally to any SACD player is at DSD128.
It is this output that will bypass the DAC and output to HS-Link to compliant DACs like the DC-37.
Old 01-17-2015, 05:18 AM

That could certainly be a reason for the change. It does beg the question about the need for 32/384 PCM and why there was no need to increase the DSD spec before.
Old 01-17-2015, 11:02 AM

One and a Half...this theory is wrong. The HS-Link output of the SACD / CD players from Accuphase currently still are the standard SACD format DSD64 (2.8224 Mbitsec) and the standard CD format 16bit/44k (see block schematics).
The DC-37 provides capabilities for DSD128 (5.6448 Mbitsec) and DXD (PCM) 24bit to 32bit/386k or 24bit to 32bit/352.8K (also via HS-Link V 2.0) to cover all known digital formats, which start to spread especially with hi-res downloads.

tp1...the DSD format cannot be edited.
The DXD formats 24bit to 32bit/386k or 24bit to 32bit/352.8K are PCM formats and have originally been developed to allow professional editing (and recording) in hi-res before publishing the music on SACD (DAWs like Merging Pyramix or SADIE).

Martin
Old 01-17-2015, 12:22 PM

Thanks Martin. I should have realised that - the readout for SACD via HS-Link on the DC-37 says 2822.4 KHZ

Old 01-17-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meltemi View Post
One and a Half...this theory is wrong. The HS-Link output of the SACD / CD players from Accuphase currently still are the standard SACD format DSD64 (2.8224 Mbitsec) and the standard CD format 16bit/44k (see block schematics).
The DC-37 provides capabilities for DSD128 (5.6448 Mbitsec) and DXD (PCM) 24bit to 32bit/386k or 24bit to 32bit/352.8K (also via HS-Link V 2.0) to cover all known digital formats, which start to spread especially with hi-res downloads.

Martin
The outputs are currently set at DSD64, true, for future SA-CD model changes, DSD128 will output.

The remaining puzzle to solve is DxD since counter productive to convert from a DSD stream. Perhaps it's just the capability to pass through DxD from an external input via USB.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One and a Half View Post
The outputs are currently set at DSD64, true, for future SA-CD model changes, DSD128 will output.
The SACD standard remains DSD64. What you suggest, would mean upsampling before digital output (future SA-CD model changes ?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by One and a Half View Post
The remaining puzzle to solve is DxD since counter productive to convert from a DSD stream. Perhaps it's just the capability to pass through DxD from an external input via USB.
What means would you use to convert DSD streams to DXD ?