AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Sonus Faber

Sonus Faber Italy's Best

Old 01-29-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobus View Post
Stunning.

Too few posts for a new thread.

Hi Kobus, if you become a subscriber you can start your own threads immediately, along with many other benefits.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 05-14-2020, 12:15 AM

Default Same Stuff

I have virtually the same setup, MC462, C2700, Amati Traditions. Love it all. I will say there was an obvious break-in period, particularly for getting great bass. But my room isn't as pretty as yours.
Old 07-01-2021, 08:17 AM

Confused between making 2 Channel Amati Tradition vs Multi Channel Olympic iii.

My supplier has offered a great deal on Amati and recommended Classe - Monos along with Classe Pre. Now, very recently, due to a certain another configuration in my mind, I have invested in a Lyngdorf processor- MP40 and SDA2400.

So, just in the price of 2 Amati's, I can get a pair of Omega- III (not Nova), Omega Centre, 2 SV12 Subs and an Acurus A2007 or MC 8207. That can complete my home theatre. I can make use of MP40 as well SDA2400.

If I go the Amati route, will I still able to use the MP40 or it will be a waste? Amati Pair Plus Mono Delta will be around twice the setup costs for the muli channel setup if I can use MP40 else it will be 2.5 times.

Size of the room is about 18 x 13 ft. My preference between music/ movies is 60/ 40. My supplier is also saying Acurus A2007 is little expensive over MC 8207 but has made same price for both. I could not find any reviews for A2007 either. So, if i decide this option, what should I go with?

I know it's a very personal to decide between 2 channel vs multi-channel preference, but what will be advise for me by some of you experienced guys.

No auditions possible for anything here in India. Only, boxed new stuff available.
Old 07-01-2021, 02:06 PM
George

I have been fortunate enough to be able to keep my HT and stereo separate. I have owned both Olympica 3 and now own Amati Traditional. The Amati are a major step up in sound quality… major.

My experience / values are that sound quality is not as important in video. Nice to have, but not as important as the video distracts your mind from hearing nuances in the sound quality. So I would always emphasize gains on the stereo side. The Amati’s are real high end speakers and matched with high end electronics are truly breathtaking. I think your room is ok for either.

On the other hand, 5 channel Olympica will really do amazing things… and are a really good fit for your room if good placing is an option.

From the speaker point of view, I think there is no bad decision in front of you. It’s a question of your values.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:22 PM
Listener in Training

Hi turbanator,
Welcome! If you subscribe (highly recommended) please post photos. If I did things over again, I would focus on those front speakers and their amplification. As George mentioned, the other speakers and their amplification are lower priority. Your system can evolve over time as well. The MC 8207 allows you to not worry about amplification any more (Mac & SF are very nice together indeed), and you can upgrade other items over time. That's just my opinion to let you know where I'm coming from - I don't value HT as much as I used to, especially relative to stereo music. Part of that may be because I like my Amati Futuras so much...

Good luck!
Sources: Vinyl: Clearaudio Innovation Wood turntable with 9" Universal tonearm, Da Vinci V2 cartridge, Stillpoints SS & Stillpoints clamp, McIntosh MVP 901, Apple Mac mini via Benchmark DAC 1, Aurender N100C via Schiit Yggdrasil
Control: McIntosh C1100, Mcintosh MX151
Power: Mcintosh MC2301s (front), McIntosh MC501 (center), Mcintosh MC402 (rear)
Speakers: Sonus Faber Amati Futura (front and back), SF Vox center
Power/connections: PS Audio Power Port receptacles, RGPC 400 pro (2) WireWorld interconnects and speaker cable
Old 07-04-2021, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Prentice View Post
The Amati are a major step up in sound quality… major.
Thanks, that's the common consensus everywhere. Nice to hear from an owner directly. I also agree with your comments on movies vs music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80B View Post
Welcome! If you subscribe (highly recommended) please post photos.
Thanks, I will subscribe. I think there's a restriction of 10 posts before I can subscribe, the payment link doesn't work for me. If I am missing something, please advise me.

Quote:
The MC 8207 allows you to not worry about amplification any more (Mac & SF are very nice together indeed), and you can upgrade other items over time.
So, currently, I am going to order just 2 off Olympica III. I have an old Jamo D590 and some recent Lyngdorf pairs - FR1 & CS1 that I purchased for my office setup along with TDAI-1120. That small amplifier is super nice but sadly, it went kaput in less than a week and is awaiting parts to arrive from Denmark. But, that's for another thread.

My plan is to run Olympica with SDA 2400 and other speakers using MC8207. I will also check how this setup runs completely with MC8207, using MC for front L&R too. Inputs will be via Lyngdorf MP 40. If it works for me, I will add 1 or 2 sub, else will consider Amati's.
Old 07-05-2021, 10:34 AM

Another dealer who carries Olympica III - Nova offered me better prices than his earlier Quote. These will be now very close to the prices on Olymica III (older model). Should I order the Nova's or the older III and save some monies? Also, what amplifier should I go with - MC8207 or MC462 (L&R) + MC8207.

These will be used in the HT setup, for stereo, based on the feedback here and from my vendor, will go with Amati's.

Never knew, all this will be so confusing
Old 02-18-2023, 06:31 PM

Beautiful system!
Old 02-25-2023, 07:01 PM

Default Mixing Mac and Pass

I am about to replace my Mac C2300 with a Pass XP32 pre. I will retain my MC 601s to drive my Amati Traditions….I don’t see a lot of Pass/Mac combos. Looking forward to setting it up.
Speakers: Magico M2; Magico S-Subs; Amp: Boulder 1160; Pre-amp: Pass XP-32; Phono Amp: Moon 610; TT: VPI HW40 Anniversary Direct;w/VPI Fatboy 12; Cartridge: Ortofon MC Diamond; SACD: Esoteric; DAC: dCS Barok; Conditioners: Shunyata; Cables Nordost/Transparent