AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Bricasti Design

Bricasti Design Listen To The Possibilities

Old 07-17-2015, 11:40 AM

Just a follow up now that they have some time on them. The M28's are really impressive. The way they deliver power is pretty crazy. They are quiet and very resolving, though I think the current delivery is the biggest thing that is noticeable. I hear things much more clearly on big and busy music. Material I could never make sense of with lower powered amps, the M28's reveal. I assume the mono block design helps this along with splendid current delivery. Things like Tori Amos live version of Waitress on "To Venus and Back" from 1999 that is huge and very busy, now makes sense musically. Tool sounds amazing as all of it is clear and I can follow each instrument line. I am very pleased with them and Brian at Bricasti's service. He is patient and very helpful. I very much appreciated his candor about many audio issues. Highly recommended if your looking for a powerful yet delicate mono block.

Last edited by Bavarian05; 07-17-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:02 PM

Thanks for the update! Congrats on the new additions.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 09-14-2015, 02:09 PM

M28s are Class A in the new Stereophile.
A+ rating for M1 DAC and A for M28s.
Bricasti is on a roll. :-)
Old 09-16-2015, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian05 View Post
M28s are Class A in the new Stereophile.
A+ rating for M1 DAC and A for M28s.
Bricasti is on a roll. :-)
Hi,
Congrats on the awesome amps.
It looks like you sold your Guarneris on audiogon. May I ask what you are replacing them with?
Old 09-16-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apdoc2004 View Post
Hi, Congrats on the awesome amps. It looks like you sold your Guarneris on audiogon. May I ask what you are replacing them with?
Thank you. I removed the ad for now. Working on a pair of Tidal Piano G2's in a wood finish...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-2024242299.jpg (56.0 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by Bavarian05; 09-17-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:41 AM

Great choice! The demo of Tidal Piano with Bricasti amps was the most memorable demo for me at RMAF 2014
Old 04-20-2016, 12:00 PM

I got my new pair of M28 about a month ago. I can say with most certainty that my system has never sounded this good.
I have a pair of the last run of the B&W 801 Matrix S3. Bought them new in August/September 1997. They have been powered by a series of amplifiers (Threshold S550e, Sonic Frontiers Power 3 monoblocks, A pair of Threshold T400 bridged to mono, McIntosh MC601 and Bricasti M28).

When I added the McIntosh I thought I was at the end of the rope for my amplification so I thought about upgrading my speakers but I was hesitant due to the huge differential in cost versus the potential benefit.

I have been a happy owner of 2 Bricasti M1 DACs for over two years and since I listened to the M28 at RMAF 2014 (I think) I was totally taken by their sound. Bricasti's room with the M28, M1, Tidal Piano Diacera and Silver Circle Audio Tchiak 6 conditioner to me has been in the top 2 or 3 best sounding rooms regardless of cost in every show I have been.

When I finally got the M28s in my system and after 20-30 minutes of warm up I set down to listen. The next thing I had to do was to pick up my jaw from the floor and wipe my tears from my eyes... The sound was so beautiful, coherent and musical! I have never experience this level of controlled deep bass in my system ever before.

I invited on of my trusted audiophile friends to come over and listen. He know my system well so it would be a good test. We listened for 5 straight hours and did an A/B comparison against the MC601.
First we listened to the M28 and immediately after just a few notes of the first song he tuned and looked at me with an astonished face and just said "Wow". The next song I played was "The Hush" from Rea & Christian. This sound is very musical and has deep bass. Once again he turned and said "I have never heard this kind of bass before, are you still thinking on selling the speakers? I'll buy them from you". Obviously my answer was "Not any more".

Even that the MC601 are great amplifiers (moved them to my other system and sold my S550e) out of the A/B comparison the M28 were the clear winners. The level of detail, soundstage holographic presentation, bass and musicality were too high for the MC601 to match.

The system is pretty simple. A Mac Mini dedicated music server with external linear power supply running JRiver, Wadia 20 CD Transport, M1 and M28s. A Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One is the conditioner. All the wiring is WireWorld. You know about the speakers now and they are on Sound Anchor stands and the M28s are on Sistrum platforms.

I am in audio Nirvana the Bricasti equipment. The only potential future change.... A pair of Tidal speakers (I guess I am allow to dream )
Old 05-03-2016, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post
I got my new pair of M28 about a month ago. I can say with most certainty that my system has never sounded this good. I have a pair of the last run of the B&W 801 Matrix S3. Bought them new in August/September 1997. They have been powered by a series of amplifiers (Threshold S550e, Sonic Frontiers Power 3 monoblocks, A pair of Threshold T400 bridged to mono, McIntosh MC601 and Bricasti M28). When I added the McIntosh I thought I was at the end of the rope for my amplification so I thought about upgrading my speakers but I was hesitant due to the huge differential in cost versus the potential benefit. I have been a happy owner of 2 Bricasti M1 DACs for over two years and since I listened to the M28 at RMAF 2014 (I think) I was totally taken by their sound. Bricasti's room with the M28, M1, Tidal Piano Diacera and Silver Circle Audio Tchiak 6 conditioner to me has been in the top 2 or 3 best sounding rooms regardless of cost in every show I have been. When I finally got the M28s in my system and after 20-30 minutes of warm up I set down to listen. The next thing I had to do was to pick up my jaw from the floor and wipe my tears from my eyes... The sound was so beautiful, coherent and musical! I have never experience this level of controlled deep bass in my system ever before. I invited on of my trusted audiophile friends to come over and listen. He know my system well so it would be a good test. We listened for 5 straight hours and did an A/B comparison against the MC601. First we listened to the M28 and immediately after just a few notes of the first song he tuned and looked at me with an astonished face and just said "Wow". The next song I played was "The Hush" from Rea & Christian. This sound is very musical and has deep bass. Once again he turned and said "I have never heard this kind of bass before, are you still thinking on selling the speakers? I'll buy them from you". Obviously my answer was "Not any more". Even that the MC601 are great amplifiers (moved them to my other system and sold my S550e) out of the A/B comparison the M28 were the clear winners. The level of detail, soundstage holographic presentation, bass and musicality were too high for the MC601 to match. The system is pretty simple. A Mac Mini dedicated music server with external linear power supply running JRiver, Wadia 20 CD Transport, M1 and M28s. A Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One is the conditioner. All the wiring is WireWorld. You know about the speakers now and they are on Sound Anchor stands and the M28s are on Sistrum platforms. I am in audio Nirvana the Bricasti equipment. The only potential future change.... A pair of Tidal speakers (I guess I am allow to dream )
Congrats on the M28s.
Truly incredible amps.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:39 AM

Congratulations musicman! Bricasti products are very nice.
Old 10-17-2016, 04:31 AM

wow m28 looks really big, to be frank didn't expect the m28 would be that big, the picture really doing justice for m28 as its take side by side of m1. however pls try it with matching pre amp for next level. 'ouch i am thrilled. how ever your speaker is looking really awesome. haven't heard them though. nice setup.