AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 12-08-2022, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
They are attached to XLR’s on the Preamp & DAC, and a BNC on the Clock.

Thanks!
Good to know...
Old 12-08-2022, 02:48 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Good to know...
Shunyata really did a great job in thinking this through with the design of the Altaira CGC-system of base cables and tails. So, if you need RJ45 Ethernet, BNC, USB, XLR, etc. you can simply order the base cable of the specification you require, and then the appropriate tail. And, if your needs or application changes, and you need a different termination, e.g. changing from S/DIF RCA to BNC, all you need to do is order a different tail. Also, if you decide at some point you want to go up in specification, you can order a higher-spec base cable or tail rather than having to buy an entirely new cable.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Shunyata really did a great job in thinking this through with the design of the Altaira CGC-system of base cables and tails. So, if you need RJ45 Ethernet, BNC, USB, XLR, etc. you can simply order the base cable of the specification you require, and then the appropriate tail. And, if your needs or application changes, and you need a different termination, e.g. changing from S/DIF RCA to BNC, all you need to do is order a different tail. Also, if you decide at some point you want to go up in specification, you can order a higher-spec base cable or tail rather than having to buy an entirely new cable. [emoji106]
Yes thank you and as you know, I am aware of that [emoji2]
Old 12-08-2022, 07:35 PM

Quote:
The business side of the Altaira Ground units.

Well done! The CGC grounded components are different than the SGC grounded ones. Is it done here according to analog bs digital, or something else?
Paradigm: Persona 7F, C5v3, ADP3,
JL Audio: F113v2, CR-1,
Shunyata: Everest, Denali 6000/Sv2, Altera
Shunyata and WW: PCs, SCs and ICs.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:13 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Yes thank you and as you know, I am aware of that [emoji2]
Ha! No worries, Mark. Cheers.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 12-08-2022, 08:35 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixon007 View Post
Well done! The CGC grounded components are different than the SGC grounded ones. Is it done here according to analog bs digital, or something else?
Dixon… All components including all 4 amps are connected to the Chassis Ground Hub.

All components except all 4 amps are connected to the Signal Ground Hub.

I hope that answers your question.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 12-09-2022, 08:04 PM

Thumbs up Listening impressions

After completing the installation of the Altaira SG-NR Hub, and letting it burn in for 24 hours I gave the system a listen today.

I put on David Guetta/Titanium; what I heard was nothing short of astonishing. Let me just say, I was able to discern the positive impact the Altaira SG-NR had immediately.

This is not a subtle tweak, nor is it an attempt to entice sales. What this is truly meant to do is simply relate just how profound the improvements are across the board. We’ve all heard all the hype, and adjectives used in our hobby.

It lifted a curtain, it gave the instruments more air, it tightened the Bass. All of those attempts to describe the end results go right out the window. This is a 3-Dimensional, Holographic presentation, period.

I’m 66 and been into audio for 50 of those years. What I’m going to tell you is so startling you will have difficulty accepting it.

The Altaira CG-NR/SG-NR Hubs are an absolute must own. I started with all Alpha cables, and just today ordered Omega ground cables to upgrade them. I am totally smitten!

Kudo’s to Caelin, Grant, Richard and the entire Shunyata team. Not just for the recent TAS Product of the Year award, but for immensely increasing the enjoyment of our systems we cherish daily.

I simply can’t recommend the Altaira products anymore highly, than saying “they are hands down, the best value for the money I ever spent!”

I rarely ever gush, but these are simply profound. All three of the recent Altaira owners that I have sold them to, have had identical results.

I have no doubt they will chime in.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES

Last edited by Masterlu; 12-09-2022 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-09-2022, 08:46 PM

From a PM received by me:

Good Morning Ivan,

My Altaira arrived early! Was scheduled to come on Thursday but I picked it up yesterday. People are not kidding when they praise the build quality of these units. I bet you could drive nails with it. The box arrived with everything that I ordered, as I figured it would. I only connected the integrated amp and phono stage as the "core components". Despite only listening to digital last night, the presentation is incredible. It's as if I had been listening with a closed window between me and the music. That window is now open! Clarity and dimensionality like I've never heard. And I loved where it was before the installation. I'm driving myself crazy thinking of where my system can go in light of this revelation. My Aurender will be next but, like your Brystons, it has tapered short screws in the back panel. I will likely be better served by switching it out for a larger screw.

I'd just like to thank you again for making this possible for me. It's quite thrilling to read about the TAS Product of the Year while I already have one! I do have a question regarding the grounding cables. How much of an improvement would an Omega make between the unit and the Denali??

Thanks for the opportunity to be ahead of the curve on this exciting new tech. Shunyata truly has hit a home run with this. Thanks for your guidance and pleasant interactions. I'm lucky to be here on AA and kick myself for being a reader for so long before joining.

Have a great day. I can't wait to get home. Brand new out of the box it was amazing. It's not even warmed up yet!!

Thanks again,

Ben
CAPE COD

Old 12-09-2022, 09:44 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
After completing the installation of the Altaira SG-NR Hub, and letting it burn in for 24 hours I gave the system a listen today.

I put on David Guetta/Titanium; what I heard was nothing short of astonishing. Let me just say, I was able to discern the positive impact the Altaira SG-NR had immediately.

This is not a subtle tweak, nor is it an attempt to entice sales. What this is truly meant to do is simply relate just how profound the improvements are across the board. We’ve all heard all the hype, and adjectives used in our hobby.

It lifted a curtain, it gave the instruments more air, it tightened the Bass. All of those attempts to describe the end results go right out the window. This is a 3-Dimensional, Holographic presentation, period.

I’m 66 and been into audio for 50 of those years. What I’m going to tell you is so startling you will have difficulty accepting it.

The Altaira CG-NR/SG-NR Hubs are an absolute must own. I started with all Alpha cables, and just today ordered Omega ground cables to upgrade them. I am totally smitten!

Kudo’s to Caelin, Grant, Richard and the entire Shunyata team. Not just for the recent TAS Product of the Year award, but for immensely increasing the enjoyment of our systems we cherish daily.

I simply can’t recommend the Altaira products anymore highly, than saying “they are hands down, the best value for the money I ever spent!”

I rarely ever gush, but these are simply profound. All three of the recent Altaira owners that I have sold them to, have had identical results.

I have no doubt they will chime in.
I could not agree more. On all your points, Ivan.

In my opinion, the Altaira products are FOUNDATIONAL. Installing an Altaira system improves all the "audio attributes" we care and "wax poetic" about, and mitigates and attenuates many of the problematical failure modes* that we even didn't know were problematical until they were removed by Altaira.

I usually join a weekly Zoom call for an audio club I'm a member in, and the guys are always talking about "What speakers (or amp, or DAC, or blah, blah, blah) are you going to upgrade to next?" and...I just think to myself () "Oh, man, you guys just don't get it....if you're going to buy a new product(s) to take your system to the next level, you guys need to install an Altaira system."

*-Failure Mode: Anything that can go wrong.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 12-09-2022 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-10-2022, 10:58 AM
Mike

What a great review Ivan; I sent you a PM.
Accuphase E-800, Canton Ref K3’s, Dual REL T-5 Subwoofers, Musical Fidelity M6i, Shunyata Venom-HC, Tara Labs RSC Prime M1 XLR pair, Musical Fidelity M1DAC, Shunyata Everest, Omega XC, Black Cat Silverstar 75ohm digital IC, M1-CDT Transport, Shunyata Altaira, Sonos Connect and Bridge, Shunyata Sigma’s.