AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 05-11-2022, 12:47 PM

Default Denali 6000/T - Upgrade to version 2

Just got this email from Shunyata. Very tempting

Dear Shunyata Customers,

We are excited to announce the long-anticipated upgrade program for the original Hydra Denali 6000/T.

This upgrade converts existing Denali 6000/T units to version 2 and will include internal upgrades only (no external changes). Internally, the updated 6000/T v2 is an almost complete rebuild!

Denali 6000/T v2 Upgrade Features
• 6 independent zones of isolation (all 6 outlets are isolated from one another)
• 6 independent high current outlets
• Includes significantly improved versions of the QRBB, NIC and CCI modules
• Performance increase is comparable to or slightly above the award winning Hydra Denali 6000/S v2
UPGRADE COST: $1,500

If you are interested in upgrading your unit please contact Richard Rogers at richard@shunyata.com or call the Shunyata factory at 360-598-9935
Amps: Mc611s; Bryston 9BST Speakers: B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, B&W SCMs, 2x REL Carbon Special + Analysis Plus REL SpeakOn cable; Pre-Amp: C2700; Processor: Marantz 8805A Sources: Aurender N20; PSA Directstream DAC; JVC RS2000; Stewart Screen Cabaret with StudioTek 130 G4; Oppo UDP-205; Power & Cables: Taralabs bi-wire; WW XLR Silver Eclipse 8; WW Silver Starlight 7 Coax; Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha, Delta and Venom.

Last edited by btn2803; 05-11-2022 at 12:49 PM. Reason: correct heading typo
Old 05-11-2022, 07:32 PM

Not bad at all IMO.
Preamp: McIntosh C22 Mk V (Gold Lion Tubes)
DAC/CD/SACD: McIntosh MCD12000
Streaming Source: Aurender N10; UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Switch; AfterDark Project Clayx Giesemann OCXO 10MHz Reference Queen Master Clock w/ Black Modernize LPS x 2 Giesemann OCXO 10M Edition
Speakers: Canton Reference 3K
Power: 2x Dedicated 20 Amp Breakers + Whole House Surge Protection
Power Outlets: PS Audio Power Ports
Power Resonators: ADD-Powr Sorcer x4 (at service panel); ADD-Powr Wizard; ADD-Powr eau2; ADD-Powr Symphony (in network closet)
Power Distribution: Shunyata Denali 6000/S v2
Power Cables: Shunyata Delta v2 XC (Denali v2 to dedicated 20A Outlet); Shunyata Venom NR v10 (Amp to Denali v2); Shunyata Delta v2 NR (Preamp to Denali v2); Shunyata Alpha v2 NR (DAC to Denali v2); Shunyata Venom NR v12 (Wizard to dedicated 20A Outlet); Shunyata Venom V14 Digital (Streamer and Master Clock LPS to Denali v2)
Speaker Cables: Shunyata Sigma v1; Shunyata Sigma v1 Jumpers
Audio Cables: Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 XLR (Preamp to Amp); Wireworld Gold Eclipse 8 XLR (DAC Tube and Solid State Outputs to Preamp); Shunyata Sigma USB (Streamer to DAC); Shunyata Sigma v2 AES/EBU (Streamer to DAC); Shunyata Venom Ethernet (Wall Wart to EtherREGEN); Shunyata Sigma Ethernet (EtherREGEN to Streamer); Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 75-Ohm BNC (AfterDark Queen Master Clock to EtherREGEN); Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 S/PDIF (Streamer to DAC)
Isolation: Stillpoints Ultra SS (Under Speakers); Stillpoints Ultra Mini's (Under Preamp and DAC); HRS E1 Isolation Platform w/G7 Feet and G-Links (Under Amp and Master Clock/LPS); HRS E1 Isolation Platform w/G7 Feet (Under Streamer); Shunyata DarkField Suspension System and DarkField Mini Elevators (Under Speaker Cables); IsoAcoustics Iso-Pucks (Under EtherREGEN)
Noise Reduction: HRS DPX-14545 Damping Plate (On Amp and Preamp); HRS DPII-14545 Damping Plate (On DAC)
Grounding: Shunyata Alpha v3 CGC/SGC Ground Cable (DAC to Denali v2); Shunyata Delta v2 CGC/SGC Ground Cable (EtherREGEN to Denali v2)
Rack: Quadraspire SVT

Sun Room
Wireless Speaker: McIntosh RS200
Power Resonator: ADD-Powr Symphony Pro
Power Distribution: Shunyata Venom PS8 w/ Venom Defender
Power Cables: Shunyata Delta NR (Venom PS8 to Wall Outlet); Wireworld Silver Electra 7 (RS200 to Venom PS8)
Isolation: IsoAcoustics Iso-Pucks
Rack: Pangea Audio Vulcan
Old 05-11-2022, 07:57 PM

Considering the current MSRP of the V2 model (happy V2 owner here), this upgrade makes a lot of sense to me.
Old 05-11-2022, 11:38 PM

Nice!
Old 06-06-2022, 09:38 AM

This is very tempting, indeed! Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-13-2022, 11:47 PM

Very interesting. I'm wondering if I should try to find a used 6000/T rather than buying a new 6000/S? The release says its as good or a bit better than a 6000/S when modified. What would be the downside to this idea, if any?
Old 07-14-2022, 12:05 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiHIfi View Post
Very interesting. I'm wondering if I should try to find a used 6000/T rather than buying a new 6000/S? The release says its as good or a bit better than a 6000/S when modified. What would be the downside to this idea, if any?
The 6000/S is no longer available; current version is 6000/S v2.

The 6000/T upgrade brings this older model to the specification as the current 6000/S v2, AFAIK.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 07-14-2022 at 12:09 AM.
Old 07-14-2022, 12:45 AM

I meant to write 6000/S v2. Sorry.
Old 07-14-2022, 02:26 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauiHIfi View Post
I meant to write 6000/S v2. Sorry.
My understanding was the purpose of the 6000/T upgrade was to bring it to the engineering specification to that of the 6000/S v2 for all those original 6000/T owners that find the tower form-factor more suitable for their configuration. For example, the 6000/S V2 has notably more QR-BB functionality than the original 6000/S.

There's other enhancements across the board, but as I never owned the original v1 6000/S, I wouldn't be able to speak to those in much detail (I went from the original Triton V1 to a Denali V2, which was a HUGE jump, even more so when I put on a Sigma XC power it from the Delta I was originally using).

If you have the means to go "all-in", Everest will blow the top of your head off, figuratively-speaking, with the improvements it will bring.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 07-16-2022, 09:11 AM

[QUOTE=btn2803;1060288]
• Performance increase is comparable to or slightly above the award winning Hydra Denali 6000/S v2
/QUOTE]

Did you mean to write the “6000/S” [v1]? How can it be better than the v2, as it’s the same device, just not in a tower format.