AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 06-21-2020, 11:02 PM

Another thing I forgot to add is that the CopperCONN has some serious grip! The connection it makes with the cable is very, very strong. Those who have the Triton v2, v3 and all Denalis, or other conditionners that use this outlet should know this already.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:57 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
Another thing I forgot to add is that the CopperCONN has some serious grip! The connection it makes with the cable is very, very strong. Those who have the Triton v2, v3 and all Denalis, or other conditionners that use this outlet should know this already.
Yup! We know...LOL. Same for Everest, too, BTW.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:59 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
My idea is that in the near future I would like to expand my system with a Shunyata conditionner like a Triton or Denali.
Uh...yeah.

And my recommendation would be the new Everest, if available in Canada.

That will completely blow your mind, as it did mine.

Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 06-22-2020, 12:30 PM

Great review of the Copperconn. Thanks for posting!

I'm interested if it has any tonal shift that so many other duplexes display to me.

Having had them in the Triton V3, I didn't think it did, but given the power cable to the Triton and Furutech duplex behind it, I can't say that unequivocally.

I guess I'll have to try one and find out at some point!

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 06-22-2020, 02:25 PM

Oh, good grief! My penny jar was already aquiver with the prospect of emptying itself on a new Delta NR v2 before taking a long vacation...and now this.

Thanks for the great review.

Bedroom: Aurender N150, TEAC UD-505 (AKM version), EMIA Cu Elmaformer passive line stage, conrad-johnson MF2500, Paradigm Studio 20 v5. Shunyata Delta D6, Altaira CG hub. Shunyata Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, Alpha USB, Alpha and Venom CGC/SGC. Wireworld Eclipse 8 interconnect & speaker cables. Stillpoints footers, Butcher Block Acoustics maple platforms. Stillpoints and GIK acoustic panels.

Home Office:Windows 11 PC/JRiver 31, TEAC UD-501, Luminous Audio Technology Axiom II Walker Mod passive, conrad-johnson Sonographe SA-250, Paradigm SE-1. Shunyata Hydra (Original Version), Venom 10 NR. Wireworld Eclipse 7 interconnects. Blue Jeans speaker cable.

Living-Dining Room: Windows 11 Laptop/JRiver 29, Oppo BD-83, TEAC UD-501 DAC, SOTA Sapphire TT, Graham Slee Era Gold V, Ortofon 2M Black, McIntosh MR-77, c-j Sonographe SC-25, c-j MF2500, Paradigm SE-3. Wireworld 8 IC, Blue Jeans SC. Shunyata Hydra 8 v.2, Shunyata Delta NR, Venom NR. GIK 244 bass & scatter-plate panels.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:32 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
Great review of the Copperconn. Thanks for posting!

I'm interested if it has any tonal shift that so many other duplexes display to me.
Based on my experiences with these outlets in Denali v2 and Everest, I would say they are exceptionally neutral. And by that I mean, truly neutral, as in a digital photograph of a gray card with R/G/B values of 128/128/128, not "cool" or "lean" as neutral has come to mean for some folks...
Old 06-22-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Based on my experiences with these outlets in Denali v2 and Everest, I would say they are exceptionally neutral. And by that I mean, truly neutral, as in a digital photograph of a gray card with R/G/B values of 128/128/128, not "cool" or "lean" as neutral has come to mean for some folks...
I can confirm this is what I am experiencing after having installed the CopperCONN. They do not add any coloration and sound just right. They do not sound lean, neither bloated. Just a perfect balance.

I could not resist and I installed the second one tonight. This one is feeding my Bryston BDA-3 only (along TV box and Chromecast). The first thing that struck me after the installation of the second CopperCONN is the scary increase of detail in the music. With the first CopperCONN outlet, the thing that struck me first was that the music was more "there", more forward than what I was used to. I realised that this was probably a thick layer of haze that was removed from the music. But with the second one, the poor 3$ Leviton is completely obliterated. With my reference material like Ballagusto from Adam Ben Ezra, I could hear details I have never heard coming from the back of the stage. All this was hidden not by a layer of haze, but a thick fog. The music sound supremely more precise, especially on acoustic stuff. Truly what this outlet is doing to the music is remarkable.

For those who will go straight from standard household electrical outlets to the CopperCONN, prepare to be wowed. Honestly, the increase in performance is like a huge power cable upgrade, or fuse upgrade. From a price to performance ratio, the performance they bring far outweight their initial cost. Frankly, it makes no sense to invest a large sum of cash in a sound system which is only to be fed by 1$ outlets. From my experience, it starts with the outlet or at least, the outlet is an essential part of the audio chain. Knowing that I got the outlets right, I can build from there and for me that's a relief.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:49 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
I can confirm this is what I am experiencing after having installed the CopperCONN. They do not add any coloration and sound just right. They do not sound lean, neither bloated. Just a perfect balance.

I could not resist and I installed the second one tonight. This one is feeding my Bryston BDA-3 only (along TV box and Chromecast). The first thing that struck me after the installation of the second CopperCONN is the scary increase of detail in the music. With the first CopperCONN outlet, the thing that struck me first was that the music was more "there", more forward than what I was used to. I realised that this was probably a thick layer of haze that was removed from the music. But with the second one, the poor 3$ Leviton is completely obliterated. With my reference material like Ballagusto from Adam Ben Ezra, I could hear details I have never heard coming from the back of the stage. All this was hidden not by a layer of haze, but a thick fog. The music sound supremely more precise, especially on acoustic stuff. Truly what this outlet is doing to the music is remarkable.

For those who will go straight from standard household electrical outlets to the CopperCONN, prepare to be wowed. Honestly, the increase in performance is like a huge power cable upgrade, or fuse upgrade. From a price to performance ratio, the performance they bring far outweight their initial cost. Frankly, it makes no sense to invest a large sum of cash in a sound system which is only to be fed by 1$ outlets. From my experience, it starts with the outlet or at least, the outlet is an essential part of the audio chain. Knowing that I got the outlets right, I can build from there and for me that's a relief.

Great review, Serge!

I'll also add that many of the attributes you describe become even more fully presented/embodied with the Denali or Everest PDs. I'm listening to some complex classical music right now, and I can pick out the finest and most subtle details of a fairly low dynamic range instrument (a classical Spanish guitar) against the power and complexity of a full orchestra. There a weight and body to the orchestra that is ample and rich but you can still follow the subtlety and nuance of the continuo in the lower octaves.
Old 06-23-2020, 03:05 PM

Default CopperConn

I have been playing with CopperConn outlets too. I like them.
I would argue that there is a continuum going from

Furutech GTX Gold plated to Furutech GTX Rhodium plated (NCF) with CopperConn in the middle. I find Rhodium to be: Positive-transparent, detailed vs Negative:too sharp, brittle. Gold-plated is warmer, musical, bloomy on the bottom, less detailed. CopperConn is sort of between the Rhodim-Gold Poles. No matter what people say ("neutral, neutral, neutral") I think we all find a desire to tweak our systems towards one or the other direction depending on where it is or what recordings we like. Having jumped between Rhodium and Gold at times, the middle can be welcome too. YMMV.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:36 PM

Just doing a small follow up here. I have been asking about the correct way to wire a duplex and Caelin has been gracious to answer my questions here:

https://www.audioaficionado.org/showthread.php?t=48286

So on a rainy day, I decided rewire both my outlet according to the sketch I made. As a finishing touch, I have added a grey cover plate to compliment the outlet. Here are some pictures of the end result.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9520.jpg (85.9 KB, 164 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9521.jpg (85.3 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9524.jpg (102.3 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9523.jpg (89.3 KB, 163 views)