AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Old 11-22-2022, 10:36 AM

Hey Puma, congrats on the new Lumin P1 and streamlining your system! Looks like you can now simplify the system details provided in your signature. Enjoy it in the best of health!
Old 11-22-2022, 03:28 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkorbal View Post
Looks great, nice and clean and I'm glad you are enjoying the sound. How's the DAC in the P=1 section sounding compared to past DAC's you've owned? wink wink Truly curious.

Keep us posted.
Overall, the DACs are very comparable. Just different in "flavor", like two superb single-malt scotches. Both wonderful, just...different.

I'm really happy.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 11-23-2022, 05:03 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
There’s definitely something to be said for removing all those potential places for RFI/EMI ingress along with the separate devices themselves with all the EMI/RFI they generate.
Boy, you can say that again...

The P1 is still getting hours on the clock, is getting better and better, and continues to impress. Last night I spent about 3 hours playing LPs using it as a preamp. Wonderful. The P1 is very quiet. I heard things on the LPs I've not heard before...

To switch inputs from the digital "streaming" system to the Michell TT, I simply selected RCA inputs from the Lumin app...on my iPhone!
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 11-25-2022, 09:48 AM

Talk about a make-over!
Congrats.. much simpler and easier.
Old 01-23-2023, 03:11 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Current system pics. Packed up the TT as I'm getting ready to move, which allowed me to simplify the system in a nice way.

Now it's just the Lumin P1 and Constellation Inspiration integrated and the amazing Altaira stack...

Simple. Simple is good. VERY good.
Old 01-23-2023, 06:11 PM

Lovely setup Stephen, but I really want to know more about that IMSA DieCast. (The 2023 season kicked off this past weekend with the real deal coming next weekend).

McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Old 01-23-2023, 07:06 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
Lovely setup Stephen, but I really want to know more about that IMSA DieCast. (The 2023 season kicked off this past weekend with the real deal coming next weekend).

Hi Freddie,

Actually that's a model by Spark of an Audi R8 LMS that ran at the Bathurst 1000KM in Oz...

Here's a better pic of it...taken with my iPhone 13 Pro Max, no less, and the Profoto C1 smartphone speedlite and a lighting modifier (aka softbox)

Old 01-24-2023, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Hi Freddie,

Actually that's a model by Spark of an Audi R8 LMS that ran at the Bathurst 1000KM in Oz...

Here's a better pic of it...taken with my iPhone 13 Pro Max, no less, and the Profoto C1 smartphone speedlite and a lighting modifier (aka softbox)

That is super cool!
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Old 05-13-2023, 02:16 AM
Cool, calm scientist

As I've decided not to move to Washington after all, I reset up my Michell Gyro SE TT with SME V arm and some 'lil ole Koetsu Urushi cartridge so I can spin LPs once again. Shown here also with my segmented Altaira system.

So...once again, the overall set-up: Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary speakers on Resonant Woods stands in figured maple. Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables.

Close-up of the main rack:
The Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp (top lieft) and Constellation Inspiration integrated (bottom left) are on the left side and my Michell TT with SME V arm, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion cartridge, and EAR324 phono stage on the right side of the rack. Acoustical panels by GIK Acoustics.

The Lumin P1 and Inspiration integrated amp are fully dual-mono internally. On top are Shunyata Altaira SG ground-plane noise reduction hubs on top of each component, one dedicated to the Lumin and one dedicated to the Inspiration integrated. These specifically reduce ground-plane noise and are transformative in the improvement they provide for the system overall.

The P1 uses the LEEDH* lossless digital volume processing technology, which easily is the best volume control "technology" I have EVER heard, so I simply set the Inspiraton to Unity Gain, and adjust the output volume with the P1's LEEDH volume control/technology. D/A conversion is handled by Dual ES9028PRO SABRE DACs in Mono mode and a Femto Clock System with precision FPGA distribution.The P1 also uses dual-toroidal mono Plitron transformers housed in an "internal chassis" that is fully shielded from the rest of the circuitry, and also uses fully dual-mono Lundahl transformers for the DAC section. Moreover, the P1 has an SFP cage so I can simply run Corning simplex 9/125 LC/LC fiber directly into it from the remote server room. No hassling with Ethernet and USB cables anymore ().

The solid-state Constellation Inspiration integrated puts out a conservative 100 Wpc. The "preamp section" of the Inspiration integrated amp is literally the standalone Inspiration preamplifier combined with "half" of the output section of the 200 Wpc Inspiration power amplifier into a single chassis. Both the "preamp section" and the "amplifier section" are a fully dual-mono architecture.

The nice thing about this system is that it's considerably simpler than my previous system, and it just...works. A single pair of ICs connects the P1 to the integrated and I now only need 3 power cords instead of...7!

Simpler really is better, as Linn used to say back in the day, and I have to say this system sounds...FANTASTIC.

Oh, I should also mention the P1 is a fully-functional AVR for Home Theatre applications, as well.

*-LEEDH was developed in Switzerland, and is used by very high-end audio companies e.g. Soulution, Wattson Audio, Vermeer, and Metronome, etc. You can read about it here: https://www.processing-leedh.com/copie-de-presentation

Last edited by Puma Cat; 05-13-2023 at 02:38 AM.
Old 05-13-2023, 05:45 PM

Beautiful system, Stephen! So the phono stage goes through the Lumin as well?
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.