AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 05-27-2017, 08:46 PM

Default Shunyata Sigma Speaker cable first impressions

I've had my new Sigma speaker cables a while now and will share my first impressions in comparison to the the wonderful sounding demo Anacondas which I've had for about 3 months. The Anacondas sound fabulous and the best that I've heard in my system yet. That being said, the new Sigmas sound even better with a more natural sound. After a few days of break-in I was amazed how much better these cables make my system sound. Never underestimate the the importance a speaker cable can contribute to one's system.

The first thing that I noticed after installing the Sigmas is is that the noise floor appeared to be lowered. Instruments as well as voice are presented in a more natural and relaxed way, and dare I say, more real sounding for a lack of a better description. There is an ease to the music and a timbral accuracy that I've not heard in my system before. Dynamics, PRAT, and bass slam are also improved and gave the impression that my Amati Futuras were on steroids. The midrange and top end is smooth and natural sounding. Presentation of of instruments and voices are precisly located in the wide and deep soundstage. "Wow", was my first reaction after playing some of my favorite large scale orchestral recordings with the Sigmas in place.

I could go on and on about these wonderful sounding Sigma speaker cables, but they are a must audition if you are in the market for new speaker cables or own the previous top of the line Anacondas.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:28 AM

Thanks for telling me I need to upgrade.

I will add them to my 'buy' list; Denali 2000, Magico SPODs, Sigma speaker cables.

--------------------------------------------

Lumin S1
Sony XA5400ES SACD
Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MK2 Mcast Rose speakers

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Cyclops v2 (2) for amps
Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
Revelation Audio Passage Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
I've had my new Sigma speaker cables a while now and will share my first impressions in comparison to the the wonderful sounding demo Anacondas which I've had for about 3 months. The Anacondas sound fabulous and the best that I've heard in my system yet. That being said, the new Sigmas sound even better with a more natural sound. After a few days of break-in I was amazed how much better these cables make my system sound. Never underestimate the the importance a speaker cable can contribute to one's system.

<snip>

I could go on and on about these wonderful sounding Sigma speaker cables, but they are a must audition if you are in the market for new speaker cables or own the previous top of the line Anacondas.
Thanks very much for the review -- very helpful, since I currently have Shunyata Zitron Anaconda speaker cables and jumpers in my system and was wondering how the new Sigma speaker cables compared. From you description it sounds as if the new cables are a significant upgrade.

I've been very pleased with every cable, interconnect and power cord I've tried from Shunyata. Looks like I need to put these on the want-list!

Steve Z

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!
Old 05-29-2017, 07:57 PM

I continue to be highly impressed with my new Sigmas and really can't stress highly enough to give them an audition. As the Anacondas sounded so great in my system, I never thought that the people at Shunyata could improve on the Anaconda, but they managed to do so, and in a big way, IMHO.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zettelsm View Post
Thanks very much for the review -- very helpful, since I currently have Shunyata Zitron Anaconda speaker cables and jumpers in my system and was wondering how the new Sigma speaker cables compared. From you description it sounds as if the new cables are a significant upgrade.

I've been very pleased with every cable, interconnect and power cord I've tried from Shunyata. Looks like I need to put these on the want-list!

Steve Z
Thanks. I forgot to mention that I'm also using Shunyata's best jumpers and with my speakers have found that running 2 identical pairs of cables for bi-wiring does not sound better than a single run plus good jumpers.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:18 PM

Congrats! Has anyone directly compared these with transparent SC's? I'm really curious about this.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
Thanks for telling me I need to upgrade.

I will add them to my 'buy' list; Denali 2000, Magico SPODs, Sigma speaker cables.

Lumin S1
Sony XA5400ES SACD

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Cyclops v2 (2) for amps

Three 20 amp circuits.
Well, I have the Denali 2000 in the system now, and am waiting for the Magico SPODs to arrive. I have to say that I am impressed at the improvement the Denali bought over the Cyclop. It is a magnitude of order better, quieter, clearer, than I thought possible.

Lumin S1
Sony XA5400ES SACD

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps

Three 20 amp circuits.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post

The first thing that I noticed after installing the Sigmas is is that the noise floor appeared to be lowered. Instruments as well as voice are presented in a more natural and relaxed way, and dare I say, more real sounding for a lack of a better description. There is an ease to the music and a timbral accuracy that I've not heard in my system before. Dynamics, PRAT, and bass slam are also improved and gave the impression that my Amati Futuras were on steroids. The midrange and top end is smooth and natural sounding. Presentation of of instruments and voices are precisly located in the wide and deep soundstage. "Wow", was my first reaction after playing some of my favorite large scale orchestral recordings with the Sigmas in place.

In this older post you wrote about your Shunyata Sigma cables. In your signature I now see WireWorld Platinum Eclipse 8 interconnects and speaker cables. I assume because these are better than the Sigma's. Could you elaborate on the differences and why your choose WireWorld?