AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Chinese High-End Audio

Chinese High-End Audio Doge, Eastern Electric, Jungson, Psvane, Yulong

Old 03-12-2013, 05:55 PM

On Matt's site, he says the LM gold series integrated amps have Preamp-In function. He also mentions the two top silver series 210/219 have it as well. Does anyone know if a preamp CAN be used with the 211,216,218 silver IA.
Just curious if my Monbrison will work in to a regular input of my 211IA.
Cheers-Don
Old 03-13-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn04 View Post
On Matt's site, he says the LM gold series integrated amps have Preamp-In function. He also mentions the two top silver series 210/219 have it as well. Does anyone know if a preamp CAN be used with the 211,216,218 silver IA.
Just curious if my Monbrison will work in to a regular input of my 211IA.
Cheers-Don
I have the 216IA and I do not remember, but I will check for you. (I think the answer is "no"). Not home now, but I will look soon.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 PM

I owned a 218IA and now the gold series 518IA, both pretty similar. I understand your question is just if it is possible to run a preamp into your amp without damaging it, correct? I did not try it with my 218, having the same concern you have about overloading it. The 518 is specifically designed with that function added, unlike the 218. That said, I have run preamps into audionote Kit One's many times, also a tubed integrated amp. It worked very well. I don't know the voltage out of your preamp, but the standard for CD players is 2 volts. I would think it safe to try it with the volume down. Or just sell it and get the 518...
Old 03-13-2013, 10:21 PM

bTW, have you tried kt77's in your 211IA? Very nice in that amp.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:19 AM

psyopwak- Thanks, no rush though. I wouldn't try it without confirmation from my dealer. I would suggest you don't either. I can't see where it would hurt anything, but will err on the safe. Guitardave- exactly, just want to see if it's ok to do. It would be my Monbrison. It would also be nice to have a backup amp just in case. The Shindo amps have been rock solid, but just to at least know it's an option.... On tubes, I have only flipped the two sets of input tubes so far. Tungsol 12au7, and Mullard 12ax7's.They are nice New production tubes. I will go back to stock again after my analog is setup, just to evaluate. My Sony PS1 is the lone source, breaking in the 211IA. Cheers-Don
Old 03-15-2013, 04:46 AM

I just wanted to rectify something I said about the LM218IA earlier in this thread. I mentioned you can change output tubes to KT88's EL34's, 6L6.... What I actually saw on Tone Imports website is you can change those tubes, but they NOT outputs tubes! On the 218IA, they are in fact the driver tubes. Sorry if I confused anybody.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjn04 View Post
psyopwak- Thanks, no rush though. I wouldn't try it without confirmation from my dealer. I would suggest you don't either. I can't see where it would hurt anything, but will err on the safe. Guitardave- exactly, just want to see if it's ok to do. It would be my Monbrison. It would also be nice to have a backup amp just in case. The Shindo amps have been rock solid, but just to at least know it's an option.... On tubes, I have only flipped the two sets of input tubes so far. Tungsol 12au7, and Mullard 12ax7's.They are nice New production tubes. I will go back to stock again after my analog is setup, just to evaluate. My Sony PS1 is the lone source, breaking in the 211IA. Cheers-Don
I checked my 216IA and there are no inputs on the back for running another preamp. Additionally there are no outputs for using just the preamp section of the 216IA for connection to another amplifier. You have four inputs for CD, Line 1, Line 2, and Line 3. I hope this helps..

BTW this is a nice additional function of the LM Audio Gold series. I like the Gold appearance. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think LM Audio makes integrated tube amps for the Triode Audio company.

Last edited by psyopwak; 03-15-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 05:49 PM

Absolutely- Besides the Gold series, also the two Top silver series. I wanna say the 210, and 219 are the model #'s.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:05 PM

I like the Line Magnetic gear, looks & performance wise.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzr View Post
I like the Line Magnetic gear, looks & performance wise.
They sound great too Kev.