AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Time Pieces

Time Pieces Watch Collectors

Old 06-17-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
tubetwister.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado.

I'm a refugee from AK ..........IMO it ain't what it used to be 5 yrs ago or time has passed it by or both or maybe also I'm all about digital and spinning metal + broadband and lossless streaming audio now anyway I was bored with analog anyway and hanging out at AVS . :shrug:

Every time digital comes up there it turns into a flame war like a cable or power cord thread (mostly newbies and trolls for that not so much the regulars but some ) .

IMO some of the Mods and staff don't undertand digital or just don't want to and maybe AK is stuck on analog thats' fine too there is place for that ouside of Antique Radio.com at least for a while until no alternative to digital exists . Decent place or was (usually) for analog vintage types though .

I supect for various reasons some of my digital posts were way over some of the staffs heads so ofc they coulden't moderaate the drive by and persistant trolls in that respect, to bad really :shrug:

I never thought I would live to see my 2 Silver Pioneer Monster recievers I have stored in the workshop *actually become * Legitimately Silver faced antique * dinasours . I think the output bias is getting out of range in the SX 980 with unuobtanium outputs... it was getting pretty warm with no apparant reason the last time I had it on .It was gone through by me about 22 yrs ago and TBH I don't want to do that anymore u never know what can come up on something that old and my tribal memory isn't so hot on those anymore and the SX 980 while decent is so so anyway . . .

I like AVS though and this one looks pretty cool .

Last edited by tubetwister; 06-17-2015 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:19 PM
Cool, calm scientist

AK is, and always has been, a kinda strange place. It's like, they are virtually incapable of understanding or more to the point, accepting that a high-end interconnect is actually capable of sounding better than a pair of IC's from Monoprice.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:22 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toobs View Post
Stephen
That looks real good The black dial with the light brown strap is a winning combination.
Thanks. I sent the photos to Strapped for Time, and they flipped over the photos. They want to post them on their Facebook page.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 06-17-2015, 10:26 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
I'll have to take your word for that I 'm not a watch collector beyond owning a Submariner I like .

OTOH the lure of the hobby hasen't escaped me by any means .

I can drool over a nice watch that's no lie and I've lurked now and then and posted very ocasionaly at a couple of collector forumsI think one is Time Zone >Rolex sub forum >submariner maybe ? Interesting and cool hobby IMO.
I'm not a watch collector, either, or maybe, a budding collector. Have to make sure it doesn't get out hand....
Old 06-17-2015, 11:12 PM

If you have a smart phone and more than one watch you Sir are a collector
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:09 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonBattles View Post
If you have a smart phone and more than one watch you Sir are a collector
Old 06-18-2015, 05:39 PM

removd by poster

Last edited by tubetwister; 06-18-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
AK is, and always has been, a kinda strange place. It's like, they are virtually incapable of understanding or more to the point, accepting that a high-end interconnect is actually capable of sounding better than a pair of IC's from Monoprice.
Maybe tou have me all wrong,

While I aggree like any audio forum AK can be strange at times I formed my opinions below before anybody ever heard of AK or this place .

I'm all in for *factual scientific free dicussin* with supporting arguments beyond industry markting claims , phony made up data , specious white papers and obviously soliceted testimonials and owners or antybodys ancedotal subjecive opinions I don't know persoally or otherwise trust in a given subject :

I'm not about "hires cables" in general and morever in the digital domain *at all*betond twisted data pairs like *some* HDMI/USB , all Cat 6, 6e or other data cable cofigs. that are becoming the norm now .

Setting AK aside ,AFAIK the preponderance of evidence in the scientific community regarding elctrical conductivity science emphatically states in quite a few refernces that regular common everday refined ETF copper wire,cables or circuits are fine for most things within the earths atmosphere .
Your opinion may vary.

Unles I missed something in the ~40 yrs I havent seen any JAES papers to conflict with any of all this this either .

Without trying to re start a tired old debate *IMO without technical merit
(Your opinion may vary.) or futher hijack this thread I will stop here

Last edited by tubetwister; 06-18-2015 at 06:09 PM.