AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Inspire by Dennis Had

Inspire by Dennis Had Enjoying Vacuum Tube Audio

Old 01-28-2023, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dambala View Post
The Omega Super 7 Monitor MK2 are listed at 94.5 dB at 8 ohms.
The Omega's Should more than do the job. I run Proac Response 1SC's which are only 86dB/W/m at 8 ohm's in a 12ft X 12 ft room with a Firebottle amp using 6F6, 6V6GT, or KT77,s
Old 01-28-2023, 12:36 PM

Hi all,

One more question, what are the differences in sound between the Kleen Sweep and the 46 SET? Since I only need 1-2 watts for my desktop setup, I'd love to know how they would sound different and if one would be better than the other for my setup.

I've never heard a Cary or Dennis Had product, so this will be my first adventure into his world. My only other tube amp experience is with headphone amps such as the Bottlehead Crack, ampersandsound Kenzie Ovation v2, and a few Schiit products (Lyr 3, Valhalla 2, and Vali 2++).

As I mentioned in my original post, my primary requirements is that I can listen to my high efficiency speakers (94.5 dB) at very low volumes and I'm hoping that there is no audible noise floor - these speakers will be near field (3 feet from my ears).

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-28-2023, 01:20 PM

I've been reading on here that the LP-2030 would be a great preamp to match up with my soon to be born 300B-v. If that's the case what is the price? I haven't so far been able to find that.
Old 01-28-2023, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dambala View Post
Hi all,

One more question, what are the differences in sound between the Kleen Sweep and the 46 SET? Since I only need 1-2 watts for my desktop setup, I'd love to know how they would sound different and if one would be better than the other for my setup.

I've never heard a Cary or Dennis Had product, so this will be my first adventure into his world. My only other tube amp experience is with headphone amps such as the Bottlehead Crack, ampersandsound Kenzie Ovation v2, and a few Schiit products (Lyr 3, Valhalla 2, and Vali 2++).

As I mentioned in my original post, my primary requirements is that I can listen to my high efficiency speakers (94.5 dB) at very low volumes and I'm hoping that there is no audible noise floor - these speakers will be near field (3 feet from my ears).

Thanks in advance.
I think the only people that have heard both amps, and on the same speakers, are the folks that have gone to Dennis's place. The 46 is a directly heated tube and some audiophiles would immediately gravitate towards that as opposed to a "mere" TV sweep tube. Another poster here has heard/maybe owns the 46 amp. Maybe they heard the Klein Sweep too? I know AA has.
Old 01-29-2023, 12:32 AM

From what I can tell, either will probably sound wonderful and meet my needs. If someone, AA?, has heard the two side-by-side, I'm just trying to avoid the "I wonder" scenario where if I get the Kleen-Sweep, will I immediately start to wonder what the 46 SET sounds like or vice versa.

Last edited by Dambala; 01-29-2023 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-29-2023, 12:47 PM

Both are wonderful sounding amps, but I think you would find that Dennis and I both like the Kleen Sweep just a little bit more. Does that help?
Old 01-29-2023, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showme View Post
I've been reading on here that the LP-2030 would be a great preamp to match up with my soon to be born 300B-v. If that's the case what is the price? I haven't so far been able to find that.
The current price of the LP -2030 is $2450 plus shipping. One word of warning, the combination of an Inspire pre amp and Inspire amp will reveal all the weaknesses upstream in your sources. You might want to consider an Inspire PH-1A phono pre amp as well. Lastly, we are talking about another potential speaker project, but it’s too early to say much more.

Stay tuned!

Last edited by Analog Addict; 01-29-2023 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-29-2023, 04:42 PM

Yes thank you!
Old 01-29-2023, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Addict View Post
The current price of the LP -2030 is $2450 plus shipping. One word of warning, the combination of an Inspire pre amp and Inspire amp will reveal all the weaknesses upstream in your sources. You might want to consider an Inspire PH-1A phono pre amp as well. Lastly, we are talking about another potential speaker project, but it’s too early to say much more.

Stay tuned!
Even though I’m sure I’d love the phono stage I think the preamp will have to come first and it sounds like the LP-2030 will fill the bill.
Old 01-30-2023, 09:54 PM

Is the LP-2030 the right preamp to team up with the 300B-v? Just like a little feed back on this choice before I pull the trigger.