AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > The “X Files”

The “X Files” They’re out there

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Couldn't that be an insect flapping its wings while the camera is set to a slow shutter speed?
No, I saw the video. It is just like all the other videos. I'm waiting for him to post the video to youtube.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
No, I saw the video. It is just like all the other videos. I'm waiting for him to post the video to youtube.
OK, I thought we only had that still image.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:33 PM

Keeping in mind they come in all sizes from tiny to over a hundred meters in length. Now we all know that should not be possible...

Old 06-19-2019, 10:37 PM

Here is my friend's video from the other night. Pause while watching it, you will see it is a Flying Rod like the rest of them, whatever they are.

https://youtu.be/wZgZsmc2R0A
Old 06-19-2019, 10:48 PM

You know much more about all of this than I do but to me, the ripple pattern when I pause the video looks like it could be a bug flapping its wings very quickly. As for the ones that appear to be huge, couldn't they simply be insects that are much closer to the camera?

Not to detract anything from all your other posts in this thread though.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
You know much more about all of this than I do but to me, the ripple pattern when I pause the video looks like it could be a bug flapping its wings very quickly. As for the ones that appear to be huge, couldn't they simply be insects that are much closer to the camera?

Not to detract anything from all your other posts in this thread though.
You will notice the shape nor the length changes. It is fast but if you pause, the proportions remain the same throughout. It is a rod with spiral wings or whatever they are. Bug such as this does not exist to the best of scientific community knowledge.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:58 PM

I've learned from and enjoyed this thread immensely and I thank you for continuing to share this info with us.

As for the rods, it's going to take me a little longer to accept.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:09 PM

Quote:
I've learned from and enjoyed this thread immensely and I thank you for continuing to share this info with us.

As for the rods, it's going to take me a little longer to accept.
That's OK, it takes time to come to terms... Just like my 8th grade science teacher here in the states made fun of me about BALL LIGHTNING when I witnessed it myself and have heard about them from numerous people while growing up in Russia. It is a real phenomenon. Not science fiction anymore.

Ball lightning is an unexplained and potentially dangerous atmospheric electrical phenomenon. The term refers to reports of luminous, spherical objects that vary from pea-sized to several meters in diameter. Though usually associated with thunderstorms, the phenomenon lasts considerably longer than the split-second flash of a lightning bolt. Two reports[1][2] from the nineteenth century claim that the ball eventually explodes, leaving behind an odor of sulfur.

Until the 1960s, most scientists treated reports of ball lightning skeptically, despite numerous accounts from around the world.[3] Laboratory experiments can produce effects that are visually similar to reports of ball lightning, but how these relate to the natural phenomenon remains unclear.[4][5] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

Last edited by PHC1; 06-19-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
That's OK, it takes time to come to terms... Just like my 8th grade science teacher here in the states made fun of me about BALL LIGHTNING when I witnessed it myself and have heard about them from numerous people while growing up in Russia. It is a real phenomenon. Not science fiction anymore.

Ball lightning is an unexplained and potentially dangerous atmospheric electrical phenomenon. The term refers to reports of luminous, spherical objects that vary from pea-sized to several meters in diameter. Though usually associated with thunderstorms, the phenomenon lasts considerably longer than the split-second flash of a lightning bolt. Two reports[1][2] from the nineteenth century claim that the ball eventually explodes, leaving behind an odor of sulfur.

Until the 1960s, most scientists treated reports of ball lightning skeptically, despite numerous accounts from around the world.[3] Laboratory experiments can produce effects that are visually similar to reports of ball lightning, but how these relate to the natural phenomenon remains unclear.[4][5] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

I have heard about ball lightning but have never had the pleasure of seeing it for myself. I hope I can someday.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:20 PM

Not a bad video but there are examples that are mixed in with electrical wires which is not what Ball Lightning is at all. Ball lightning is almost like an entity which seems to exhibit movement of its own accord. Trust me, there is no scientific explanation as to what can sustain the glowing orb and how it can travel and last so long. They have been reported to travel through open windows of the house and exit. They key is not to move at all.... They have killed people. https://youtu.be/qPkupFNev50
Closed Thread