AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 09-13-2021, 01:06 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
Have you seen the length of the connectors on the Alpha NR and NR v2? I can't imagine these fitting.

The Delta v2 is an awesome power cord - and a heck of a value. Highly recommended.
Agreed. Not to be overlooked; its better than the original Alpha V1. Alslo, the Delta NR v2 has CopperCONN connectors, these are a notable upgrade over the connectors on the Venom NR v2.

The bend radius of the new Alpha V2 is, near as I can figure, about 7-8".
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 09-13-2021, 04:11 PM

I just checked and measured mine, I have a Delta NR V2 making a 4 inch bend (it hits the wall with this distance, but I'm not kinking it or aggressively bending it). My Alpha XC V2 is at 7 inches, you may possibly get that slightly less but mine don't require less than 7.

Audio research LS28SE preamplifier, Aurender N10 Streamer, Topping D90 DAC, McIntosh MC462 amplifier. Focal Sopra 3 speakers. Salamander Archetype rack, Symposium Acoustics Segue shelves, Silver Eclipse 7 XLRs, Shunyata Everest power conditioner, Alpha V2, Delta V2 and Venom V2 10/12 power cords, and Audioquest Oak speaker cables. GIK Acoustic's bass soffits and 244 bass trap Art panels room treatments. Sony XBR75X900e 4K TV and Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player
Old 09-13-2021, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Agreed. Not to be overlooked; its better than the original Alpha V1. Alslo, the Delta NR v2 has CopperCONN connectors, these are a notable upgrade over the connectors on the Venom NR v2.
Great points! I think it’s unfortunate the Delta v2 might too often be overlooked because of its affordable price. But it’s a steal when you consider that your $1000 is getting you a better power cord than you got for $1500 in their former lineup. Plus it’s a lot easier to work with given that it’s thinner and lighter.
Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri power cords, QSA Lanedri Revelation XLR interconnect, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256
Old 09-13-2021, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpaf76 View Post
Also very flexible but much thicker than the other 2, I'm not sure the bend radius they are capable of, as I only use it to feed the Everest and both of those 2 bends have plenty of room before hitting anything. I would guess 5 would be cutting it very close with an Alpha, at best the bend would put pressure on the component, and possibly push it depending on it's weight.
Thanks
Sound Lab 745s, AtmaSphere MA1s, 2 Rythmik 12SE subs, 1 dual 10" DIY sub, Parasound JC2 pre, Aurender S10, Holo Audio May DAC, Oppo 105, DIY Lenco L75, Wavestream Kinetics tube phono stage, Shunyata loom
Old 09-14-2021, 12:18 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
Great points! I think it’s unfortunate the Delta v2 might too often be overlooked because of its affordable price. But it’s a steal when you consider that your $1000 is getting you a better power cord than you got for $1500 in their former lineup. Plus it’s a lot easier to work with given that it’s thinner and lighter.
Absolutely, 100% agree. I've been using a Delta NRv2 to power an Aurender N20 I have in for review and it's "ab fab".
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Absolutely, 100% agree. I've been using a Delta NRv2 to power an Aurender N20 I have in for review and it's "ab fab".
Hi Stephen,

Good to hear about the Delta NRv2 and that you have the N20 for review. I am in the process of buying a streamer, and the N20 is on top of the list. Would love to hear your initial view of the N20, and do let us know when your review would be available on TAS . Thanks!
Amps: Mc611s; Bryston 9BST Speakers: B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, B&W SCMs, 2x REL Carbon Special + Analysis Plus REL SpeakOn cable; Pre-Amp: C2700; Processor: Marantz 8805A Sources: Aurender N20; PSA Directstream DAC; JVC RS2000; Stewart Screen Cabaret with StudioTek 130 G4; Oppo UDP-205; Power & Cables: Taralabs bi-wire; WW XLR Silver Eclipse 8; WW Silver Starlight 7 Coax; Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha, Delta and Venom.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:52 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn2803 View Post
Hi Stephen,

Good to hear about the Delta NRv2 and that you have the N20 for review. I am in the process of buying a streamer, and the N20 is on top of the list. Would love to hear your initial view of the N20, and do let us know when your review would be available on TAS . Thanks!
Here's my advice on the N20. If you don't need or require Roon...just get it. It's ...fabulous. I am very, very impressed with it.

My review won't likely publish until 2021; right now I am finishing up the Linn Klimax DSM/3 review for publication in the Dec. 2021 issue.

Also, unlike the Linn, the N20 is incredibly easy to set up; you can be up and running streaming content in less than 10 minutes from taking it out of the box.
Old 09-15-2021, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Here's my advice on the N20. If you don't need or require Roon...just get it. It's ...fabulous. I am very, very impressed with it.

My review won't likely publish until 2021; right now I am finishing up the Linn Klimax DSM/3 review for publication in the Dec. 2021 issue.

Also, unlike the Linn, the N20 is incredibly easy to set up; you can be up and running streaming content in less than 10 minutes from taking it out of the box.
Thanks. I plan to audition it in a couple of weeks. Look forward to reading your review of the n20.
Amps: Mc611s; Bryston 9BST Speakers: B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, B&W SCMs, 2x REL Carbon Special + Analysis Plus REL SpeakOn cable; Pre-Amp: C2700; Processor: Marantz 8805A Sources: Aurender N20; PSA Directstream DAC; JVC RS2000; Stewart Screen Cabaret with StudioTek 130 G4; Oppo UDP-205; Power & Cables: Taralabs bi-wire; WW XLR Silver Eclipse 8; WW Silver Starlight 7 Coax; Denali 6000T, Shunyata Alpha, Delta and Venom.