AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > ADD-Powr

ADD-Powr A New Reference

Old 01-25-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
I'm not sure... I'd suggest following up with Ivan or the company directly for the answer to that question! (I'm not that Bill!)
LOL - thank you and sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
My thought is, and it’s just that, is to just score the Sorcer, why?

Simply you can try it in both places, and believe in either case you will gain performance. Side benefit is you only need one power cable, and they do make a difference, but not mandatory.

My hunch is the closer the system is to the panel, the better the benefit.

Don’t be surprised if you realize results in other areas as these signals seem to travel and I don’t believe any home lives in is big enough to reduce the benefit - but that’s my opinion.
Thank you. I should mention that the components are powered by 2 separate and dedicated 20A runs from the panel.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:05 PM

Smile

Cohsystms Bill here -
A Sorcer x4 installed near the panel area would be the optimal choice. The technology would affect the wiring in the entire home. The transformers give the harmonic pulsed signal "footprint" a voltage boost that the Wizards cannot provide.
Wizards function well when there are less current hungry devices, such as pre-amps, dacs, etc. Hope that this helps!
Old 01-25-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohsystms View Post
Cohsystms Bill here -
A Sorcer x4 installed near the panel area would be the optimal choice. The technology would affect the wiring in the entire home. The transformers give the harmonic pulsed signal "footprint" a voltage boost that the Wizards cannot provide.
Wizards function well when there are less current hungry devices, such as pre-amps, dacs, etc. Hope that this helps!
Thank you.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:28 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

I was busy today; I added a Wizard to the following Systems:

1) ClearAudio/Aesthetix analog rig
2) Accuphase/Canton rig
3) Active Bryston rig
4) McIntosh 2-Channel rig
5) G90 video projector

More impressions, and photos to follow...
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES

Last edited by Masterlu; 01-25-2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohsystms View Post
Cohsystms Bill here -
Hi Bill:

I'm pleased to see you're back with your Quantum products. I had one of the Symphony Pros about 20 years ago which was in my system for years before it gave up the ghost. I was looking at the Nordost products, but audio was on the back burner for a few years after we adopted 4 kids for funds went elsewhere.

Kids are older now and I have time for my hobby. I'm going to get another when I get rid of some unused gear.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:26 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
With all due respect I'd like to make a technical point of clarification about these devices. They're not passive... it's a unique active circuit which operates in parallel with your power-line so they can't limit current since there's nothing placed in series with your power. The best description of what they do is taken directly from their website:

[I]ADD-Powr technology is Algorithm Digital Defined electrical energy and power. Energy is added to electrical signals and systems. It is unique because it is non-invasive.
[LIST=1][*]The products generate low frequency electromagnetic fields to affect harmonic energy change audio signals and systems.
So...I read their website, and I did not find that it explained anything that is meaningful to actually understanding what it is doing.

So, I'm curious what the phrase: "...to affect harmonic energy change audio signals and systems" actually means.

ALL electric and/or audio signals are electromagnetic waves/fields. Just read Dollard, Steinmetz, or Heaviside...all electrical energy is the result from the interaction of dielectricity and magnetism.

So, how is this product different, and in what way? What is the transfer function and what is the functional response it is mediating? It's not explaining what the transfer function is, and what the functional response is. If it mediates some sort of physics-based functional response, it can be described by a transfer function. I don't get any of that information from the web page, so it reads like marketing-speak to me.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 01-25-2020 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:12 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
So...I read their website, and I did not find that it explained anything that is meaningful to actually understanding what it is doing.

So, I'm curious what the phrase: "...to affect harmonic energy change audio signals and systems" actually means.

ALL electric and/or audio signals are electromagnetic waves/fields. Just read Dollard, Steinmetz, or Heaviside...all electrical energy is the result from the interaction of dielectricity and magnetism.

So, how is this product different, and in what way? What is the transfer function and what is the functional response it is mediating? It's not explaining what the transfer function is, and what the functional response is. If it mediates some sort of physics-based functional response, it can be described by a transfer function. I don't get any of that information from the web page, so it reads like marketing-speak to me.
Regardless, all you have to do is experience one in your system “risk free” to become a True Believer.

That’s what I did.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 01-25-2020, 11:55 PM

Quote:

I have to say that I agree with Puma Cat here. After taking a look at the website I'm a bit more confused than I was to begin with.

Headphone rig: Gustard X16, Topping A90, Hifiman HE6se, Audeze LCD2
2-Channel setup: Okto Research DAC8 Stereo, Bryston 4B³, Philharmonic Audio BMR Towers, Dual PSA S152 subs
Old 01-26-2020, 03:30 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
Hi Bill:

I'm pleased to see you're back with your Quantum products. I had one of the Symphony Pros about 20 years ago which was in my system for years before it gave up the ghost. I was looking at the Nordost products, but audio was on the back burner for a few years after we adopted 4 kids for funds went elsewhere.

Kids are older now and I have time for my hobby. I'm going to get another when I get rid of some unused gear.
Hello Mike,
The company is now Coherence Systems. It has resumed where Quantum products ended.
The Symphony Pros have been upgraded to include more inductor coils used as antennas, and an external antenna feature. The low frequency waveform algorithm has been tuned to resonate harmonically with signals in the audio band thereby increasing signal strength by as much as .5 - 1.0 dB.
Glad to hear of your story and am thankful for your support.
Old 01-26-2020, 04:45 AM

Smile

Quote:

The phrase appears to have a grammatical error with an omitted preposition “to.” It should read “to affect harmonic energy change to audio signals and systems.”
There is a superposition of a signal upon another signal. The ADD-Powr signal is a low frequency complex waveform. Essentially it is a square wave. The latter signal is the AC line. Our waveform and its programmed algorithm is proprietary information.
Suffice to say that in the time domain, a mathematically complex wave form such as a square wave can be expressed in the frequency domain as a harmonic series of sums of trigonometric functions. This was the discovery of the great mathematician and physicist, Joseph Fourier.
ADD-Powr creates a square wave pattern upon the AC line. Since it is of low frequency, it is not filtered away by power supplies. Instead, it passes on through the DC voltage smoothing stage. So what appears is a series or pattern of small (~.25-1.25v) square waves riding on the DC supply voltage.
It is here where the “smoking gun” action is located.
Since the DC reference has been altered with Fourier series waveforms, we now can understand what takes place. The Fourier series contain a fundamental and a series of related frequencies or overtones, simple harmonics. The harmonics are sine and cosine waves that contain energy or weight. The fundamental frequency contains the most energy and as the harmonic series scales up the band, the energy diminishes logarithmically in the time domain.
Now what used to be a direct current “x” voltage reference at 0 Hz, is now replaced by a direct current “x” voltage with a Fourier harmonic series!
Moving along, when a complex audio, “musical” signal with a fundamental of 100 Hz enters an amplifier stage it will resonate with, for example, a 100 Hz signal that, let us say, is the fundamental of the Fourier series that is riding on the DC voltage. Resonate means impart energy to something or vibrate with something of the same frequency.
So the input audio signal now sees additional harmonic resonant information in the form of the 100 Hz fundamental superimposed upon the DC supply voltage.
Every input audio signal to the amplifier will be affected by this re-referenced supply. This activity is occurring to all the power supplies in the hifi system.
These supplies become transformed to include harmonically rich Fourier series.
Thus, everything that is amplified in the system now has more “juice” at all frequencies along with increased energy, or voltage gain of various degrees depending on the frequency.
Do you follow this or are you getting a picture of what ADD-Powr does?
Now, you may be thinking, “well, how the heck do you do this?”
Ah, that is a question that digs deep into the magic and sorcery...that will have to wait...
Thanks for indulging me!

Last edited by cohsystms; 01-26-2020 at 04:52 AM.