AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 07-03-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
First, become a Subscriber; I can see from your IP you are in my territory, then we’ll talk.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/payments.php

Thanks. I will look into it
I live near Daytona, about 20 miles west of there
Old 07-03-2019, 11:19 AM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlthess40 View Post
Thanks. I will look into it
I live near Daytona, about 20 miles west of there
I have you covered.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 07-03-2019, 11:36 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Default New Venom, Alpha and Sigma Ethernet Cables!

Perhaps these new cables will add to better sound in many systems not all that high on digital, improvements in ones digital portion of a HiFi system can easily be had for more time than money against all other components and speakers.

The first level Venom Ethernet is made in the US in the same plant at a bottom line reasonable price point.

I look forward to my testing of Sigma against a couple of other top end cables to hear what is better overall in my system.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:50 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
Hi Caelin

Congrats on what sounds like another winner for Shunyata....

In your opinion, would you expect an improvement to be heard in utilising one of your new Ethernet cables in a standard router to streamer connection which is what many people would probably be using?

Thanks again for all your efforts in pushing the boundaries and creating a higher level of musical enjoyment for us all!
Caelin has provided a lot of great and also, accurate, information regarding both the what I would refer to as the "rank order" of importance of Ethernet cables in a streaming (or network bridge-mediated) digital front end. And the testing methodology recommended (for PCs, digital cables, etc) is spot-on, too.

I'll fill in with some extra info....as Caelin as alluded to, I've been extensively testing a number of different cables in different configuraitons, including
"final development" (aka beta) versions of the just released Shunyata Ethernet cables.

My configuration requires the use of four Ethernet cables. I agree 100% with Caelin that simpler systems are better (for a number of reasons), but in my small townhome, I have a set of constraints I have to work within that are diifficult to get around...so it is what it is.

I'm presently using a mix of copper Ethernet and optical fiber; I have two copper Ethernet cables in the room in the other part of my house where my Mac Mini music server resides, one from incoming from the Mac Mini server/Roon Core to the Pace Router/Ethernet switch, and one outgong from the Router. Next, I have two copper Ethernet cables in my dining area and audio rack areas, one Ethernet cable in the dining area connecting to a generic (TP-Link) upstream fiber media convertor (FMC), a 7M run of TrippLite LC/LC OM-1 specification optical fiber, and then an Ethernet cable connecting my downstream FMC to the network bridge. The downstream FMC is a Sonore OpticalModule which connects to my SOtM UltraNeo network bridge.

In my systematic testing for my specific configuration, the most important cable, regardless of brand, are in order 1) the Ethernet cable from the downstream FMC to the Network Bridge 2) the Ethernet cable in the dining are that connects to the upstream FMC. 3 & 4: the Ethernet cables incoming (from the music server) & outgoing from the router/Ethernet switch. I'm still testing which of these two cables exert the most "leverage" on the response (audio quality), so stay tuned on that front.

Also, if you requiring more than one Ethernet cable, Caelin's advice to work with your dealer to get in the number of cables you need to do your own, in-home evaluation is is really excellent advice. There are also vendors that allow you to "rent in" cables, and this what I did for some of the cables I evaluated in my study.

If you know or find that you need more than one Ethernet cable, I'll reiterate once again that the Shunyata Venom outperformed the other mfrs Ethernet cables by quite a considerable margin, so if you find you need for than one cable, I would recommend getting the best cable that fits your budget for the most critical position (usually the most downstream cable) and then add Venom (or Alpha) Ethernet cables as your needs require and your budget allows. All three Shunyata Ethernet cables are very, very consistent across the board in their "overall presentation", there is just more "Shunyata goodness" as you move up the line, so you can mix and match Ethernet cables as yours needs and budget allows.

Lastly, bear in mind that different Ethernet switches sound different, and in some cases, by quite a margin. If you get an "audiophile grade" Ethernet cable running from your switch to your network bridge or streamer, and are not happy with the sound or the quality of the musical presentation, its highly likely the culprit is your Ethernet switch (I can safely say it won't be any Shunyata Ethernet cable). Most Ethernet switches have very cheap clocks, noisy RJ45 jacks, cheap isolation transformers and utilize the bane of every digital streaming system's existence...the dreaded switch-mode power supply, aka SMPS

There are some good Ethernet switches presently on the market, the AQVox, SOtM and JCat. Also Uptone will be releasing their new EtherREGEN very soon, and if it were me, that would be the one I would get. Its also very important to use a clean, low-noise linear power supply with your Ethernet switch, preferably one that does not pass high-impedance AC leakage currents downstream on the DC power cable (these are insidious and wreak all sorts of havoc; this is a key reason by SMPS are so bad). Even the quality of the DC cable matters. Presently, I would recommend the GhentAudio Gotham GAC DC cable with the JSSG360 shield. I'm now straying a bit off-topic, so if you want to continue this discussion, we can create a new, dedicated thread or piggy-back on the nice thread that Ed (For The Love of Music) has been contributing to that has excellent content.

Hope you found this helpful, and let know if they're anything else I can help out with. Cheers.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 07-03-2019 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 03:03 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Perhaps these new cables will add to better sound in many systems not all that high on digital, improvements in ones digital portion of a HiFi system can easily be had for more time than money against all other components and speakers.

The first level Venom Ethernet is made in the US in the same plant at a bottom line reasonable price point.

I look forward to my testing of Sigma against a couple of other top end cables to hear what is better overall in my system.
Yes, I agree. I would say an over-arching attribute of the Shunyata Ethernet cables is they do not sound "digital" at all..instead, they present with the best qualities of analog reproduction: natural (especially vocals and instrumental timbres) sweet, airy, extended, and very, very musical and engaging. They are also exceptionally "open" and spacious-sounding; some other cables (most notably, cheap generic Ethernet cables) sound like the music is being provided through a drinking straw. More on that in my eval thread.

The new Ethernet cables are very much like the superb new Alpha and Sigma USB cables in overall character and performance.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 07-03-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
I have you covered.

I will do the one year membership next week
Thanks for the information and look forward to the benefits that come with the membership
Old 07-03-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Caelin has provided a lot of great and also, accurate, information regarding both the what I would refer to as the "rank order" of importance of Ethernet cables in a streaming (or network bridge-mediated) digital front end. And the testing methodology recommended (for PCs, digital cables, etc) is spot-on, too.

I'll fill in with some extra info....as Caelin as alluded to, I've been extensively testing a number of different cables in different configuraitons, including
"final development" (aka beta) versions of the just released Shunyata Ethernet cables.

My configuration requires the use of four Ethernet cables. I agree 100% with Caelin that simpler systems are better (for a number of reasons), but in my small townhome, I have a set of constraints I have to work within that are diifficult to get around...so it is what it is.

I'm presently using a mix of copper Ethernet and optical fiber; I have two copper Ethernet cables in the room in the other part of my house where my Mac Mini music server resides, one from incoming from the Mac Mini server/Roon Core to the Pace Router/Ethernet switch, and one outgong from the Router. Next, I have two copper Ethernet cables in my dining area and audio rack areas, one Ethernet cable in the dining area connecting to a generic (TP-Link) upstream fiber media convertor (FMC), a 7M run of TrippLite LC/LC OM-1 specification optical fiber, and then an Ethernet cable connecting my downstream FMC to the network bridge. The downstream FMC is a Sonore OpticalModule which connects to my SOtM UltraNeo network bridge.

In my systematic testing for my specific configuration, the most important cable, regardless of brand, are in order 1) the Ethernet cable from the downstream FMC to the Network Bridge 2) the Ethernet cable in the dining are that connects to the upstream FMC. 3 & 4: the Ethernet cables incoming (from the music server) & outgoing from the router/Ethernet switch. I'm still testing which of these two cables exert the most "leverage" on the response (audio quality), so stay tuned on that front.

Also, if you requiring more than one Ethernet cable, Caelin's advice to work with your dealer to get in the number of cables you need to do your own, in-home evaluation is is really excellent advice. There are also vendors that allow you to "rent in" cables, and this what I did for some of the cables I evaluated in my study.

If you know or find that you need more than one Ethernet cable, I'll reiterate once again that the Shunyata Venom outperformed the other mfrs Ethernet cables by quite a considerable margin, so if you find you need for than one cable, I would recommend getting the best cable that fits your budget for the most critical position (usually the most downstream cable) and then add Venom (or Alpha) Ethernet cables as your needs require and your budget allows. All three Shunyata Ethernet cables are very, very consistent across the board in their "overall presentation", there is just more "Shunyata goodness" as you move up the line, so you can mix and match Ethernet cables as yours needs and budget allows.

Lastly, bear in mind that different Ethernet switches sound different, and in some cases, by quite a margin. If you get an "audiophile grade" Ethernet cable running from your switch to your network bridge or streamer, and are not happy with the sound or the quality of the musical presentation, its highly likely the culprit is your Ethernet switch (I can safely say it won't be any Shunyata Ethernet cable). Most Ethernet switches have very cheap clocks, noisy RJ45 jacks, cheap isolation transformers and utilize the bane of every digital streaming system's existence...the dreaded switch-mode power supply, aka SMPS

There are some good Ethernet switches presently on the market, the AQVox, SOtM and JCat. Also Uptone will be releasing their new EtherREGEN very soon, and if it were me, that would be the one I would get. Its also very important to use a clean, low-noise linear power supply with your Ethernet switch, preferably one that does not pass high-impedance AC leakage currents downstream on the DC power cable (these are insidious and wreak all sorts of havoc; this is a key reason by SMPS are so bad). Even the quality of the DC cable matters. Presently, I would recommend the GhentAudio Gotham GAC DC cable with the JSSG360 shield. I'm now straying a bit off-topic, so if you want to continue this discussion, we can create a new, dedicated thread or piggy-back on the nice thread that Ed (For The Love of Music) has been contributing to that has excellent content.

Hope you found this helpful, and let know if they're anything else I can help out with. Cheers.

Very helpful as always - thanks Stephen!
Old 07-03-2019, 09:34 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
Very helpful as always - thanks Stephen!
Cheers!
Old 07-03-2019, 11:38 PM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlthess40 View Post
I will do the one year membership next week
Thanks for the information and look forward to the benefits that come with the membership
Sounds good, but I wouldn’t wait. The back order list gets longer by the day; right now we are looking at 3-4 weeks wait.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES
Old 07-03-2019, 11:38 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Cheers!

[emoji106][emoji869][emoji123][emoji16][emoji851][emoji41][emoji1305]