AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 08-17-2011, 01:18 PM

Default Shindo Corton Charlemagne Q

Hello Shindo friends !
I'm about to order a pair of those : http://pitchperfectaudio.wordpress.c...times-the-fun/
Any thoughts ?

Last edited by Jerome W; 08-18-2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:00 PM

Jerome, based on my limited experience and I am sure others who have more time with Shindo under their belt will agree and based on the many threads I have read elsewhere about Shindo, magic exists on a different plane all together when there is a full Shindo setup.

I have little doubt you will love the C-C-Q but... I doubt you will get the full dose of magic Shindo is capable of. You will need a Shindo preamp to go with the amps.

Even the little things that we often take for granted change much of the Shindo voice. Just today I received another pair of Shindo ICs, big difference once again! I took out the power conditioner I was using (RGPC), huge difference! Added the Auditorium 23 speakers cables, WOW!!!!

It really seems and this has been said many times in many discussions, if you want the full Shindo effect, you have to go "all in" and take the systematic approach of all around synergy to optimize your Shindo system. Starting from the various speakers that have been proven to work, full Shindo gear, Shindo or at least A23 cables to plumb the system, otherwise you may not experience the true magic Shindo is capable of.

Many think Shindo is some kind of laid back, warm and cuddly sounding gear that does not resolve the details in the recordings and skews the tonal balance where everything sounds euphoric and colored. This has not been my experience at all! Every day, record after record, CD after CD, I can clearly hear all the little nuances and details that I have not noticed before. The difference between the various recordings is more evident than with most of the gear I have owned before.

The point to point wiring, the carefully selected components, the choice of tubes and topology that brings out the very best out of them, makes Shindo a very purist approach and one that really does open up a new window into your recordings. The resolution and detail is all there, it is not forced onto you like much of the other gear out there, that much is true but this is what makes the Shindo so unique. Most of the music and all but the very terribly dynamic range compressed and hot and heavy handed mastered recordings come across sublime. Not in the sense that they are rosy colored, nope, what you get is that unbelievable harmonic bloom, the naturalness of the vocals and instruments, the timbral sweetness of how an instrument is supposed to sound like, well, it sounds like music that is more real. Of course the immediacy, palpability, the three dimensionality of the instruments opened up in front of you that a SET amp can do, it simply makes you forget you are listening to a recording! It sounds more live!

The most important and this was an epiphany for me, is the way the instruments in a recording suddenly have an interdependent relationship to each other (A23 speaker cables brought this on) it's as if I am hearing my music collection for the first time and all the gear I have owned before was able to spot light every instrument but there was no musical connection between them. Now it is there. I don't know quite how to explain that phenomenon but I guess everyone who listens to a full Shindo, properly setup system walks away in amazement and I am very amazed and impressed right now as well. There must be something very right and very natural about Shindo sound that allows people to comprehend and connect with what they are hearing much better. I've noticed that with Lamm gear as well but not nearly to this extent as Shindo has presented me with.

Whatever you decide and I really do hope you pull the trigger on Shindo and experience it, I hope you have the patience to see the project through to the end and experience the FULL SHINDO EFFECT!

Last edited by PHC1; 08-17-2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:09 PM

Serge,
Thanks for the great input. Highly appreciated.
My aim is to progress step by step.
The easier is to have other amps than my 2301's and switch speaker cables.
I will see how it turns out.
Then, I will add a Shindo preamp of course, but latter on.
Cheers,
Old 08-17-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C220MC275 View Post
Serge,
Thanks for the great input. Highly appreciated.
My aim is to progress step by step.
The easier is to have other amps than my 2301's and switch speaker cables.
I will see how it turns out.
Then, I will add a Shindo preamp of course, but latter on.
Cheers,
Jerome, good luck with your Shindo journey! I think you will be very, very happy you started down the Shindo path.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:29 PM

Jerome, what about getting an used Aurieges to go with the CCQ? It's not that expensive. If you don't like it, you can pretty much sell it for what you paid for. If you do like it, you can upgrade and get great trade-in value. This will bring you much closer to the "Shindo" sound than the amp alone.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:32 PM

Agree with Tommy, the Aurieges won't disappoint at a lower entry point and will give you the full Shindo experience that Serge, Alberto, and I have been talking about. Ten when you're ready to upgrade, and you will want to, you can tradeup.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:47 PM

Come on guys, the Corton Q is already pretty expensive. Give me some time to breathe !
Old 08-17-2011, 03:58 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Come on guys, the Corton Q is already pretty expensive. Give me some time to breathe !
Yeah, really.

And Jérôme just bought a Ref 2 Phono, too, guys...

Jérôme, I like your "phased approach", that way you will be able to get to know the changes each component makes...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:10 PM

Sorry Jerome, didn't mean to make it sound like we're pressuring. Just wanted to suggest the best way I've experienced to enjoy in full. either way i have a feeling you'll enjoy no matter what like the others I'm interested in the hybrid Shindo experience so welcome to the green side and look forward to future commentary

It's easy to tell someone to do something when it's not your own money...

Last edited by adhesiv; 08-17-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:14 PM
chief tube tester

Quote:
Hello Shindo friends !
I'm about to order a pair of those.
Any thoughts ?
Hello, I don't recommend it, really. It will depend, also, on your room size, but the PMC models you enjoy are 89db~ @ 4ohm~. I can't guarantee optimal performance with 70wpc - despite the very dynamic and driving nature of the CCQ's - it's not something I am entirely comfortable recommending with your speakers.

Sincerely,
Matt