AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 08-09-2022, 12:56 AM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson View Post
Hi Bill, Appreciate your comments. Can you give an indication of the improvement the Acoustic Diodes add to the SabrinaXs? 10%, 70% etc? If it is meaningful, I'm there as I don't want to do a trial (which would have the dealer come back to my home) and would just rather get it "done right" to begin with. Thanks again.
I certainly understand your desire to avoid a trial. However, I really do believe that you should hear the difference for yourself. Most Wilson dealers have some demo speakers with Acoustic Diodes, a few have them on every Wilson they have on display. Clearly they feel that they are more than cost effective. But as always it is your personal choice.

I would never, ever, under any conditions assign a percentage number to a system change - for any product. Your % and my % are likely quite different because of what we value/how we listen/ different experiences. I just find percentages more misleading than clarifying.

For fun, here's what a couple of the first reviewers had to say about the diodes as an add on.

"The new Wilson Acoustic Diode isn’t an optional device; it’s an essential one. It dramatically lowers the noise floor, both boosting dynamics and revealing previously obscured musical details."

Jacob Heilbrunn, TAS

"The Acoustic Diode is a product of Daryl Wilson's restless audio soul (along with the Pedestal, which continues to impress), but it's also one that builds on his dad's forward-thinking design work and does so in ways that are easy to hear. If you have a pair of speakers you love, from Wilson Audio or especially another maker, a set of Acoustic Diodes is an all-gain refinement to their sound."

Mark Mickelson, The Audio Beat

You'll enjoy your SabrinaX whichever way you go. You can always add them later - or not.
Old 08-10-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanson View Post
My dealer told me this week that my SbXs will be shipped later this month. I chose a standard color, and when I asked about also ordering the special diodes my dealer said they would not be a cost effective purchase. As I've "forgotten" about my purchase (it's been 4 months since I placed my order) I'm not getting my hopes up or "counting the days". I'm in NY; I think the delivery time could be a week or so. Then I have to wait for the good graces of my dealer to schedule a time for them to bring them over. As those who follow the company know, Wilson has been backlogged with orders for the current line up (and also introduced the Loke during the past few months along with the XVX Season variants) plus has new model updates underway (trickle down benefits). I will update my experience later.
Excited for you Hanson! Note from my signature that I have Isoacoustic Gaia's on my TuneTots (on Wilson stands), and let's call my set up one step down from yours in the same family. I would guess that the TuneTots would be less impacted by isolation than SabrinaX and that the Gaias are a bit less good that the Wilson Diodes.

I bought the Gaia's only because I thought my wife would freak if she took a close look at the spikes' proximity to "her" wood floor. But I was stunned by the improvement in sound. I'd buy the Diodes or Gaias
Old 04-21-2023, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGlackan View Post
Take a look at the Aesthetix Mimas with Dac module. There is one for sale at TMR audio.
I think you will like the price and the reviews are outstanding.
My dealer uses a Mimas with the Sabrina X in their store. He told me he sells many packages with combination along with a HiFi Rose streamer. I trust his ears and recommendations.
Old 04-21-2023, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
My dealer uses a Mimas with the Sabrina X in their store. He told me he sells many packages with combination along with a HiFi Rose streamer. I trust his ears and recommendations.
Hi miner,

I saw your thread looking for SabrinaX.

SabrinaX is an amazing speakers for what it is designed for. I have relative small room (12' x 16' x 11'h) and SabrinaX works great.

The problem with Wilson Audio, once you are hooked, you may want to climb up the ladder - which is my case, .

I recently traded my SabrinaX (just a little over 1 year old in Quarts) for Sasha DAW via Sound Sanctuary Austin.

Letting you know in case you are interested in lightly used pair. If you are, ping Glenn (the owner) for more info, he is a terrific person to work with and I am sure he can provide some type of warranty for it.