AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > The “X Files”

The “X Files” They’re out there

View Poll Results: Are we alone in the universe?
We are alone in the Universe as far as intelligent life goes 7 9.33%
We are not alone but have not been in contact with intelligent life yet 27 36.00%
We are not alone and we have visitors but have not been in contact yet 13 17.33%
We are not alone and we have been contacted but it is not public knowledge 28 37.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdelahanty View Post
I think the Vatican has information which may significantly alter our concepts of God and extraterrestrial life.
What is hidden in their vaults only the Vatican knows but publicly, this is their opinion on Life Outside Our Planet. https://youtu.be/8gB7QhHcYIE
Old 06-21-2019, 03:44 PM
Keeping it real since '75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Is that why we keep spending some serious $$$ on looking for potential habitable exoplanets and in our rather recent beginnings have already compiled a pretty impressive list of them? That's just in our "neighborhood". While true that it is NOT certain if they actually are but it also NOT true that the are NOT. Time will tell.

We can't even get a good grasp on what has transpired on our planet over the billions of years yet. Looking at Antarctica today, it is a lonely, desolate place covered in ice.... Yet fossils reveal it was once a lush and green place full of life.
We spend money looking for habitable exoplanets because we are looking for habitable exoplanets. If thats what people want to fund, so be it..
Old 06-21-2019, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdelahanty View Post
I think the Vatican has information which may significantly alter our concepts of God and extraterrestrial life.
That's a twisted statement.................the catholic church with its 2000 year history is not altering any concepts of God.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub
Old 06-21-2019, 04:36 PM

This is the most important thing you have said thus far:

Quote:
The proof is yet to be discovered
Which translates to there currently being no proof...
Old 06-21-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
What is hidden in their vaults only the Vatican knows but publicly, this is their opinion on Life Outside Our Planet. https://youtu.be/8gB7QhHcYIE
That video is 11 years old and you are stretching the truth again...............the statement was made by a priest from the Vatican Observatory and his opinion was that because of the 100 billion galaxies it could be possible that life as we know it on earth could be on other planets, we just don't know.

This is nothing new.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub
Old 06-21-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM3CPO View Post
This is the most important thing you have said thus far:

Which translates to there currently being no proof...
When I say proof I mean actual proof of life on other planets, whether observed from here (not likely) or by direct visitation of such (not likely outside of our solar system anytime soon).

I’m not sure what other proof folks need. The aerial (and submersible) phenomena has been observed, documented and even incorporated into various cultures around the globe. Gods, Deity’s, Star People, Sky Gods etc...

Let’s put ancient history aside, they had nothing to compare it to and who knows what was then, we weren’t there.

Let’s skip to today.
If one believes we or any other nation possessed or possesses technology that has been reported for over 70 years now, technology that defies physics and outshines the multimillion dollar state of the art jet fighters, has the capability of hypersonic speeds, can stop, make sudden turns, ascend and descend with such speed and G loading that no biological being can survive, you can go on ignoring what’s under our noses and believe we are the lucky earthlings and there is no other intelligent life.. One of a kind indeed (sarcasm).

Pilots are stumped, outmaneuvered and otherwise feel powerless and concerned against this technology that is clearly a treat if it invades our airspace continuously and lately more frequently. They speak out publicly and Washington finally is taking steps to document but to still keep secret such encounters.

Well, you can go in believing what you wish.

Last edited by PHC1; 06-21-2019 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:33 PM

I do have to say, it’s good to have choices of what you want to believe in. The scientific community is very open to the idea of intelligent life out there. In fact the whole universe may have consciousness, there may be alternate or parallel universes, other dimensions, our universe could be existing on the event horizon of a black hole now, we may have a small black hole at the core of our planet, we may be living in a simulated reality, the list goes on.

Today a friend of mine told me after reading the senator hearing about UFO, “huh, I guess they do visit our dome, flat earth”... What can I say, angels, demons, dome maintenance crew, whatever turns you on.

To me it’s all much simpler. We are simply outshined by civilizations ahead of us in the technological, developmental curve. They make their presence known as we do today on other planets. If not in biological form then with their technological galactic exploration efforts. We are no different in that sense.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:58 PM
Audio,Trains & Mustangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyhome View Post
That's a twisted statement.................the catholic church with its 2000 year history is not altering any concepts of God.

Ron
That's exactly my point. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist but wonder how much they know and don't want to upset the conventional apple cart.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:18 AM

Quote:
When I say proof I mean actual proof of life on other planets, whether observed from here (not likely) or by direct visitation of such (not likely outside of our solar system anytime soon).

I’m not sure what other proof folks need. The aerial (and submersible) phenomena has been observed, documented and even incorporated into various cultures around the globe. Gods, Deity’s, Star People, Sky Gods etc...

Let’s put ancient history aside, they had nothing to compare it to and who knows what was then, we weren’t there.

Let’s skip to today.
If one believes we or any other nation possessed or possesses technology that has been reported for over 70 years now, technology that defies physics and outshines the multimillion dollar state of the art jet fighters, has the capability of hypersonic speeds, can stop, make sudden turns, ascend and descend with such speed and G loading that no biological being can survive, you can go on ignoring what’s under our noses and believe we are the lucky earthlings and there is no other intelligent life.. One of a kind indeed (sarcasm).

Pilots are stumped, outmaneuvered and otherwise feel powerless and concerned against this technology that is clearly a treat if it invades our airspace continuously and lately more frequently. They speak out publicly and Washington finally is taking steps to document but to still keep secret such encounters.

Well, you can go in believing what you wish.
I am in no way denying the existence of things we cant explain. Keep in mind that human testimony is based on perception and it can be manipulated without someone realizing or being aware of it. Heck, they could even manipulate their perception themselves! Point being is its not reliable. Sightings that are accompanied by sensor data and/or other physical evidence doesnt automatically mean its aliens either. Here is an example...

In 1989 there were "sightings" in Europe of a triangular shaped flying aircraft. There are blurry photos you can find online, but there were also radar hits and F-16 pilots who witnessed the craft traveling vast distances in the blink of an eye and appeared to be going from a traditional speed to seemingly instantaneous speed (traveling miles) then instantaneously traveling normal speed again. How can this be?!?!?!

There were videos of Belgian military personnel also being asked "Could this be the Americans?".. Keep in mind, stealth technology wasn't even admitted as existing until late in 1988.. The Belgian's said in essence "This cant be the Americans because the Americans cant do this.". Seems a rather presumptuous answer if you ask me. Dont you think?

Well, what if there were more than one aircraft.. And what if they had both radar stealth and visual stealth.. See how easy this would be easy to do as well as throw someone off? There is a WAY more technology that exists (especially within the realms of national security and classified information) that people wouldn't even believe was real even if they saw it with their own eyes. It simply is beyond typical human understanding...

EDIT: OH! And want to take a guess as to why we admitted we had Stealth technology when we did? The traditional story is that we needed to do day flights so we just went ahead and told people about it.... Ummm... Yeah..... Thats not why.... Truth is it was already obsolete so it didn't matter anymore.

Last edited by IM3CPO; 06-22-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM3CPO View Post
I am in no way denying the existence of things we cant explain. Keep in mind that human testimony is based on perception and it can be manipulated without someone realizing or being aware of it. Heck, they could even manipulate their perception themselves! Point being is its not reliable. Sightings that are accompanied by sensor data and/or other physical evidence doesnt automatically mean its aliens either. Here is an example...

In 1989 there were "sightings" in Europe of a triangular shaped flying aircraft. There are blurry photos you can find online, but there were also radar hits and F-16 pilots who witnessed the craft traveling vast distances in the blink of an eye and appeared to be going from a traditional speed to seemingly instantaneous speed (traveling miles) then instantaneously traveling normal speed again. How can this be?!?!?!

There were videos of Belgian military personnel also being asked "Could this be the Americans?".. Keep in mind, stealth technology wasn't even admitted as existing until late in 1988.. The Belgian's said in essence "This cant be the Americans because the Americans cant do this.". Seems a rather presumptuous answer if you ask me. Dont you think?

Well, what if there were more than one aircraft.. And what if they had both radar stealth and visual stealth.. See how easy this would be easy to do as well as throw someone off? There is a WAY more technology that exists (especially within the realms of national security and classified information) that people wouldn't even believe was real even if they saw it with their own eyes. It simply is beyond typical human understanding...

EDIT: OH! And want to take a guess as to why we admitted we had Stealth technology when we did? The traditional story is that we needed to do day flights so we just went ahead and told people about it.... Ummm... Yeah..... Thats not why.... Truth is it was already obsolete so it didn't matter anymore.
There is advanced technology such as our own and then there is a whole different element. Starting from the Foo Fighters of WWII and continuing on as witnessed by both the American, Russian and other pilots on multiple accounts, the spheres of mysterious energy that would often accompany the squadron and following nearly on their wingtips only to take off at unimaginable speeds is just not logical. Presumptuous to think it is not earthly technology? I don't think so. I personally think it is more presumptuous to think we have achieved such technology that offers flight with no visible flight surfaces, has no plumes of any detectable propulsion systems, can appear out of the ocean, follow and play cat and mouse with our Jet Fighters and then disappear and wait for the jets to get to the way-points which were downloaded to the jet in top secret encrypted format by the aircraft carrier as if to say we know exactly where you will be? That's what the pilots are reporting.....

So we obviously have a difference of opinion on what is acceptable flight of imagination of our technology and which is pure science fiction, except that the pure science fiction is here under our noses right now and neither the military nor the government officially know what they are.

Last edited by PHC1; 06-22-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Closed Thread