AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 05-29-2021, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig_B View Post
My Delta v2 NRs arrived yesterday and I am somewhat in a bind trying to figure out how to best secure the cable to my Mc MA9000 that is on the top shelf of my SolidSteele rack (I goofed in assuming the MA9000 would fit the middle or bottom shelves - it will not without having to remove the feet which I do not what to do - and you can see it also extends out past the end of the shelf). I have used the Audio Bastion risers/supports in my theater rack and will do so for the components in this setup, but can't for the MA9000 that sits on the top and extends out past the back of the shelf. The cable is pretty loose and the weight causes it to sag. Any suggests on how I might secure it in this particular scenario?

Thanks.
In these cases, I use self-fusing silicone tape wrapped around the part of the connector that's inserted into the inlet. Usually one wrap is good enough to create a snug sagless fit. This tape also has no residue and can easily be removed.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackATK View Post
In these cases, I use self-fusing silicone tape wrapped around the part of the connector that's inserted into the inlet. Usually one wrap is good enough to create a snug sagless fit. This tape also has no residue and can easily be removed.

[emoji106]
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2
Old 05-30-2021, 09:19 AM

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, much appreciated.
Home Theater: McIntosh MX122, McIntosh MC207, McIntosh MPC1500, Oppo UDP-203, Sony VPL-VW715ES Projector, 106" Elite Screens Special Edition DarkStar screen, SVS Ultra Towers, SVS Ultra Center & Surround, and Duel SVS SB3000 subs, Audioquest RedRiver XLR, Audioquest Carbon HDMI, Audioquest NRG and Storm power cables, and Audioquest Ri1404 speaker cable with WBT-0645 banana plugs.
Home Office: McIntosh RS200
Two Channel Listing Area: McIntosh MA9000, MEN220, MT-5, MCD600, MPC1500, and XR100s. Apple Airport Express via TosLink (streaming Apple Music). McIntosh interconnects/speaker cable, Shunyata Delta NR and XC power cables, Furutech GXT-D NCR AC Receptacle/Wall Plate/Outlet Cover.