AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Chinese High-End Audio

Chinese High-End Audio Doge, Eastern Electric, Jungson, Psvane, Yulong

Old 11-11-2021, 01:37 PM

Does Line Magnetic have a USA website? Or a dealer network here in the states? I.E., where can you buy of them?
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)
Old 11-11-2021, 01:54 PM
Retired

Stereophile just gave the LM845 one of their "product of the year" awards. Would guess that it would work well with any of Tannoy's traditional speakers.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 11-11-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Stereophile just gave the LM845 one of their "product of the year" awards. Would guess that it would work well with any of Tannoy's traditional speakers.
I saw that Glenn, but it doesn't say what issue it was reviewed.

Edit: Found it. July '21
McIntosh MA8000; McIntosh MC1502; Canton Vento Reference 1 DC; E.A.T. E-Flat; Soundsmith Paua Mk II; Technics SL 1210 MK5; Audio Technica AT-150 MLX; Tascam BR-20; Teac X1000R; Pioneer RT-707; Oppo UDP 205; Denon DCD A-100; HP All-In-One Touchscreen Server; JRiver MC 28; Woo Audio WA6; Shure SRH 1840; SVS SB 1000; Jolida 502BRC; Jolida JD9; VPI 16.5 RCM; Wireworld Oasis 8 Speaker Cables; Audoquest Columbia 72 DBS IC's; Panamax PM-5400 (source components only)

Last edited by FreddieFerric; 11-11-2021 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
Does Line Magnetic have a USA website? Or a dealer network here in the states? I.E., where can you buy of them?
Line Magnetic is distributed in the US by Tone Imports who should be able to direct you to your nearest dealer.
Old 11-11-2021, 05:03 PM
Member of the Music Squad

I received a LM 845 Premium about 6 months ago. It’s one of the finest amps I’ve owned, very musical, yet very detailed, excellent stage.

I swapped the stock tubes with a pair of ACME 845, a pair of Elrog 300B (even better than the ACME 300B which I also tried), and a pair of Psvane WE A310. I did not change the premium Linlai 12AX7 small tubes in the pre section yet as they sound good enough, but I’ll keep an eye for a pair of Telefunken or Mullard.

Amongst the speakers I own the 845P can easily drive the Sonus Faber Elipsa (91 dB/4 ohms), excellent match with the Audio Note AN/E SPe HE (reported 97.5 dB/6 ohms) especially for classical music, but more surprisingly also a pretty decent match with both the ProAc SM100 (88 dB/8 ohms), and even the Harbeth 30s series (85 db/6 ohms) although I prefer solid state power amplification for those. Absolute no go with planars such as the Magnepan 1.7i

I would assume that the Tannoys would be a very decent match.
Sonus Faber Elipsa SE | REL S/812 | Goldmund Telos 280 | EAR Yoshino 912 | Merason DAC1 | Innuos ZENith Mk3 | Clearaudio Innovation Basic + TT5 + Lyra Delos | Studer A810+A807 | Nakamichi Dragon | RDacoustic Hybrid Acoustic Diffuser
Old 11-11-2021, 06:29 PM

I've been reading several of the reviews on this amp throughout the day paying particular attention to speaker paring. I'm big on system synergy. It's just that I'm having my doubts about how well it would drive my big Reference 1 Cantons at 89.5 db operating mostly at 4 ohms. I'm not prepared to replace them because they're just too good.

The eye candy factor of this amp is just off the charts. I'm sure with a 98 db speaker it would really sing.
Old 11-12-2021, 08:17 AM
Retired

You may be correct. I'm at the other end of the Canton spectrum with my Ref 9Ks and keep thinking Ref 7K. But, am wary of my 20wpc of Class A tube power, which may not be sufficient for the larger speaker. I was sorry that JA's recent review of the 7Ks only used his 450wpc amps, so did not gain much info from same. It took me almost a year of swapping amps before finding the sound I was looking for and I would hate to go thru that again. It is definitely a synergy thing and those tubes may not be able to push those large drivers sufficiently in the Ref 1Ks.

However, you could bi-amp your Ref 1Ks with the tubes on top. Am sure the 30wpc would provide plenty of power in that configuration.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 11-12-2021, 11:11 AM
Member of the Music Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieFerric View Post
I've been reading several of the reviews on this amp throughout the day paying particular attention to speaker paring. I'm big on system synergy. It's just that I'm having my doubts about how well it would drive my big Reference 1 Cantons at 89.5 db operating mostly at 4 ohms. I'm not prepared to replace them because they're just too good.

The eye candy factor of this amp is just off the charts. I'm sure with a 98 db speaker it would really sing.
I'm gonna state the obvious but ideally you'd want to borrow/try the LM-845P at home in your system, that's the only way you'll find out whether it's a suitable match to your Ref 1s.
Sonus Faber Elipsa SE | REL S/812 | Goldmund Telos 280 | EAR Yoshino 912 | Merason DAC1 | Innuos ZENith Mk3 | Clearaudio Innovation Basic + TT5 + Lyra Delos | Studer A810+A807 | Nakamichi Dragon | RDacoustic Hybrid Acoustic Diffuser
Old 11-12-2021, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
You may be correct. I'm at the other end of the Canton spectrum with my Ref 9Ks and keep thinking Ref 7K. But, am wary of my 20wpc of Class A tube power, which may not be sufficient for the larger speaker. I was sorry that JA's recent review of the 7Ks only used his 450wpc amps, so did not gain much info from same. It took me almost a year of swapping amps before finding the sound I was looking for and I would hate to go thru that again. It is definitely a synergy thing and those tubes may not be able to push those large drivers sufficiently in the Ref 1Ks.

However, you could bi-amp your Ref 1Ks with the tubes on top. Am sure the 30wpc would provide plenty of power in that configuration.
Interesting concept almost like a cheaper version of the MC 901's.

For the record, my Ref 1's are the older version and not the K's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel_hifi View Post
I'm gonna state the obvious but ideally you'd want to borrow/try the LM-845P at home in your system, that's the only way you'll find out whether it's a suitable match to your Ref 1s.

If I could find a dealer that would let me audition the amp in my home first that would be ideal. Just not going to hold my breath on that since I'm pretty sure there are no LM dealers anywhere around my area.
Old 11-12-2021, 05:56 PM

I know of a dealer I have worked with in the past that is a Line Magnetic dealer, he is Goldprint Audio in North Carolina, Taylor is the owner and chief bottle washer.