AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 02-09-2020, 08:53 AM

I am picking up my lampiZator Pacific at the Tampa Audio Show today, along with a superkomputer. I heard several of their lower end dacs and tried one in my system and went for the pacific. Full report in a few weeks (or maybe months - I’m traveling most of March). I knew that the psaudio, which I loved and is a big bang for the buck, particularly used - was holding my system back. When I get the room built, It should be freakin amazing. I love the tube source with my solid state accuphase amps. I tried accuphase digital sources and, shall we say, it did not work out.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:58 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have heard them both in friends' homes...great choices!!!

Thought about SuperKomputer myself fully loaded, Dual-AES, etc at one point very seriously...
Old 02-09-2020, 10:13 AM

From UFguy73 -
"Those are the brands I am fishing around in...would any thought to be a better pairing with the c1100/611s I would be running through?"

I might suggest the Bryston BDA-3 at a much different price point. Superb digital implementation.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/...r-measurements
Main - Roon on Synology/Sonos Port/SoTM Neo endpoints; Chord Qutest, Bryston BP-17 cubed with phono option; EAT C-sharp with Ortofon Bronze MM, Bryston cubed Amplifier; Revel F126Be on custom Atocha stands; interconnects by WireWorld, furniture by Atocha Design 'Phones Audeze LCD-3, Bryston BHA-1; Office: Sonos/Roon; OPPO HA-1, Naim NAP100 and PSB Mini-C. Media Room:, Samsung QLED QN90 series, Sonos, OPPO 205, ATI N-core driving KEF LS-50's with REL subs; furniture by Glassisimo; Kids - U-turn for vinyl, Sonos Play5; Summer Shack - Sonos, vintage Pioneer, Dynaudio Special 40's.

Last edited by clpetersen; 02-09-2020 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 11:26 AM

See if you can audition a Chord DAVE. If you like it and want more Chord goodness, you can add a M-Scaler.

I’ve been through many DACS, it is by far my favorite.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 02-09-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdcuba View Post
I am picking up my lampiZator Pacific at the Tampa Audio Show today, along with a superkomputer. I heard several of their lower end dacs and tried one in my system and went for the pacific. Full report in a few weeks (or maybe months - I’m traveling most of March). I knew that the psaudio, which I loved and is a big bang for the buck, particularly used - was holding my system back. When I get the room built, It should be freakin amazing. I love the tube source with my solid state accuphase amps. I tried accuphase digital sources and, shall we say, it did not work out.
Wow! Absolute congrats! When I went to the website and looked at it considering it from both sonic and built quality standpoints, I was mightily impressed. Its beauty is breath taking. I hope you will provide many pics. You have put together a knock out system. Never heard of LampiZator until this thread.

These gorgeous tube digital components should complement your TAD R-1 MK II's wonderfully. Very happy for you.

Preamp and DAC: McIntosh D1100
Sources: McIntosh MCD1100 SACD player, MVP881 BR player, MVP851 DVD player, MR87 tuner, Marantz 510LV Laser Disc player, ASUS laptop USB (JRiver Media Center 23)
Speakers: Wilson Audio Specialties XVX Chronosonic
Sub-woofer: Wilson Audio Specialties Thor’s Hammer (1) horizontal lie and Wilson Watch Controller (abbr: WC)
Cables main system: Audioquest Wel Signature speaker cables and balanced IC (preamp to amps); Wel Signature AES/EBU balanced digital IC for CD playback; Audioquest Diamond optical (1) for tuner, (1) for BR player, and (1) for LD player for total of (3); Diamond USB cable; McIntosh MCT cable for SACD playback; Dragon power cords (5 HC cords and 3 source cords for total of 8); Thunder HC power cord for tuner; cables for DVD player not listed
Cables subwoofer system: Audioquest Redwood speaker cable (1); Wolf balanced subwoofer IC from WC to amp; Wind balanced IC from preamp to WC; Hurricane HC (2) and Dragon HC (1) power cords
Power conditioners: Audioquest Niagara 7000 (1) and Niagara 5000 (3); (4) dedicated 20-amp lines with no. 10 wire straight out of fuse box
Cabinet: Double Custom Woodwork & Design (CWD) solid walnut cabinet on large casters; holds all sources and preamp; also, Niagara 7000; 11 feet minimum distance from speakers
Acoustic Treatments: Room and Echo Tunes enough to turn the room into a virtual anechoic chamber if desired; however, at present my room is significantly reflective giving me a bright, vibrant, dynamic, highly resolving, smooth sound free of harshness and grain and perfect for my taste; zero slap echo; gorgeous midrange
AC: Dedicated to this room only, an ultra-high efficiency and quiet recently installed Ruud split system 3-ton heat pump.
Room (mancave): 40’L x 15.5’W A-frame; max ceiling height 8’ min 5’; wall within wall construction built of 2 x 6’s; built over garage with custom hardwood floor with gym seal with over 40 Lowes stiffened wooden I-beams supporting floor; complete isolation from rest of house

Last edited by Charles; 02-09-2020 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:23 PM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:

How about making a short detour to the HHI area to audition the Pacific in my room? The steak and Bourbon will be worth it!!!
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack
Old 02-09-2020, 03:38 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Congrats on the Lampizator Jim....I've read nothing but great things about those DACs......can't wait to see your system set up and ready to roll.....that's gonna be a fun time.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 02-09-2020, 03:46 PM

Come on over Craig and buck. Steak, bourbon, TAD and Lampizator on me (oh, I forgot - I don’t have any money left, so it may be bring your own refreshments).
Old 02-09-2020, 04:23 PM

Location: Lago Vista Texas Downtown Austin and Frisco Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
I have a similar system to you (C1100, MC1.2KW’s and 800D3’s and my advice would be to try 2 or 3 options in your own system at different price points so you can hear in your own set up the differences - there is no point in my opinion trying to listen to different DACS in other / dealer systems.

FWIW - I went from using the DAC in the C2500 to a K-01X to being fortunate enough to pick up a mint pair of used D1’s (Esoteric) to match with my Esoteric streamer and have been extremely happy, particularly since adding an external clock. Each has added something to my system, albeit to a lesser degree as I’ve moved up in price. From my I’ve read, absolutely worth trying the Schiit or similar plus some higher price point options so you can decide for yourself.

Hope this helps....
Pair of 601s, C1100 and D1100. The D1100 is expensive, but it's simply beautiful sounding DAC. It really shines on CD quality 44 khz . My two cents
Old 02-09-2020, 05:01 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Come on over Craig and buck. Steak, bourbon, TAD and Lampizator on me (oh, I forgot - I don’t have any money left, so it may be bring your own refreshments).
Well, you can just put a bucket out front in the driveway and a sign that says......”Taking donations for audio equipment”.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3