AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 11-10-2017, 09:26 PM

Definitely, we do all have different tastes and biases! I've not tried too many other high end cables, probably to my detriment, but the AQ silvers seem to click with me and I appreciate the consistent gains as I go up the line and to newer models/revisions. That combined with their superb customer service means I remain loyal. Tonight I received a pair of 1m Wild RCA (older version Wild, but just now reterminated by AQ to the newest RCA plugs) to replace the Fire I've been running from phono stage to preamp. It will be interesting to see what differences are observed. I'll probably also have a chance to replace both my Wild RCA and XLR cables with WELs in the next month (same story -- older version with new plugs), so that could be fun too!

I got these Wild (originally XLR, now RCA) for $1500 used, and they were genuine (AQ will destroy them if not). That's a good deal, IMO (about the same price as used Fires). Good deals can be had if you are careful to spot counterfeits. The Niagara cables are definitely a great deal on 2nd hand markets. I wasn't too hot on the Cheetahs, honestly, but then they cost a LOT less. I've also bought a ton of AQ stuff new through my dealer.

Last edited by mulveling; 11-10-2017 at 09:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:31 PM

I sent a message to the distributor requesting a demo of the Wild Blue Yonder through my local dealer.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:36 PM

I tried Transparent years ago when I had Wilson speakers. Lets just say I didn't purchase them. Cables are about what works in a particular system, not what's "better".
Old 11-10-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
I tried Transparent years ago when I had Wilson speakers. Lets just say I didn't purchase them. Cables are about what works in a particular system, not what's "better".
Absolutely. Of course Wilson chooses to wire the speakers internally with Transparent and that "works" for them.
Old 11-10-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
I sent a message to the distributor requesting a demo of the Wild Blue Yonder through my local dealer.
Great idea! Hopefully they come through. I think you'll like 'em. Their new Fire/Wild/WEL plugs are the most beautiful available, to my eyes. I believe the only difference between these 3 plugs is the color and the size necessary to accommodate the corresponding model of interconnect. Wild and Fire are very similar in size; WEL plugs are much bigger.

Last edited by mulveling; 11-10-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
Audioquest is not very high on my 'trustworthy' list ................

http://www.audioholics.com/editorial...tter-editorial
Great video. Forget the part about Audioquest having had the comparison "fixed" on YouTube by "someone" but realize that there is no debate in science about wires.

To quote.

"the science is so settled on wires"

What I don't like is that the Audioholic guys act like a pair of juveniles.
It explains why their forum is the most immature on the net.
Even though these guys clearly have total command of the subject matter, you still want to slap their faces for acting like jerks.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I have Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 7 XLR interconnect cable. A couple of days ago my friend let me borrow the discontinued Audioquest Niagara XLR cables. In my system I just can't believe how much more my wife and I prefer the Niagara cables, The Niagara is more detailed, better separation, and just has better tonality. I don't have the ability to audition Fire or Wild and I'm not going to buy Audioquest Wel signatures. Can anyone with Audioquest experience tell me the sweet spot in Audioquest's current interconnect line-up?
I'll take your ww cables if you don't like them
Old 11-11-2017, 09:36 AM

Default Audioquest Interconnect Cables compared to Wireworld

We will be doing a comparison on a friend’s system in a few months that is wired with Transparent. We will try Wel Sig for interconnect and speaker cables and the new Dragon for power. System is already powered by the AQ Niagara 7000. Should be a nice test since this is a good system: Wilson Alexandria XLF, dandagostino momentum pre and monos, msb select dac and msb transport.

I have a feeling we will prefer the AQ cables over the Transparent, but who knows?

Last edited by silversurfer6; 11-11-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:30 AM

It isn't about liking or disliking something. It's simply what works best in a particular system.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:54 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer6 View Post
We will be doing a comparison on a friend’s system in a few months that is wired with Transparent. We will try Wel Sig for interconnect and speaker cables and the new Dragon for power. System is already powered by the AQ Niagara 7000. Should be a nice test since this is a good system: Wilson Alexandria XLF, dandagostino momentum pre and monos, msb select dac and msb transport.

I have a feeling we will prefer the AQ cables over the Transparent, but who knows?

Good system?!
Quite an understatement if you ask me.

Looking forward to your impressions!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables