AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 05-22-2013, 04:00 PM

Default Experience w/ A23 and Shindo IC's

Here is my experience. I ran A23 for phono > SUT, SUT > Preamp, and preamp>amp. So I had a full loom of A23, including Speaker cable. Then I bought a 1.0 meter Shindo IC, and tried it in place of the A23 Preamp>amp. That is where it stayed. I felt the noise floor was lower, allowing more detail to come through. With this, there were NO negatives. So the 1.0 meter Shindo replaced the 1.5 meter A23 in that particular run. I have no great desire to change the rest of my IC to Shindo, because the system sounds great. That said, I am curious of anyone else's experience. I believe most run Shindo IC, but of course some run A23. My guess is with either cable, everyone is content, and for good reason. Again, audiophile Nervosa or whatever it is, gets the best of me. Cheers -Don
Old 05-22-2013, 06:06 PM

You positioned the Shindo interconnect at the ideal place.
If you've got lots of money to spend, by all means, invest in more Shindo wire.
It will probably better your sound, but whether the money spent justifies it? Well, that's another matter.
If I were you, I'd leave good enough alone. Invest the money you would have spent upgrading your wire to buy yourself a ton of great vinyl. You've certainly got the system to enjoy it with.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Chief Toneologist

I also have only one Shindo wire and it goes between the pre and the amp (Monbrison->Cortese.)

Alberto
Old 05-22-2013, 09:35 PM

Shindo cables make a big difference for me. All Shindo accessories do.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 PM

I have both shindo and auditorium ic's. the shindo is between my sut and the preamp. I am very happy with them. I plan on upgrading the auditorium ic's to shindo some time soon.

I also find my auditorium speaker cables integrate very well with my shindo and Devore speakers.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:45 PM

I use Shindo IC's between my Masseto, Cortese, and ARC Dac8. I also use Auditorium 23 speaker cable. I tried Transparent Ultra and it sounded alright to me. What impressed me most with the addition of Shindo interconnects is that I just dropped being so critical, and began to really just enjoy the music the system was producing.

ARC REF6, ARC Ref PH 2SE, ARC Ref 150SE, Esot N-05, SF Oylimpia III, Garrard 301 Reed2p, WW Silver Eclipse 8, Kimber Kable Select IC XLR

C22, MC275, MR78, PS Audio Dac, Tannoy Daltons 12" Red's Tannoy ST200 Tweeters, Kimber IC's, Mac Mini, Transparent ULTRA Speaker.

Marantz 7C, Marantz, 9, & 10B Tuner, Tannoy 15" Red's in York Corner Cabinets

ARC Ref1, ARC VT 100II, MR74, Tannoy Red 12 LSU/12/8, Spider Transcription TT, Nordost Spk Cable

Fisher 400C, MR78, Fisher SA 1000, BenchMark Dac, Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables, Tannoy Supper Red 10" LSU/III/Z Monitors

ARC SP3, MC 30's, MR67, Devore Supper 8's, Wadia i171, MicroMega Dac, Transparent Supper Spk

C20, MC75's, MR71, MS300, Tannoy 12" Golds, Auditorium 23,

C11, (2)Harmon Kardon CitationII, Shindo Montille, MC2505, McIntosh 117, Audio Research ST70, Knight KB85, Pilot Sa 232, Marantz 8B

Scott 130 Preamp, Scott 272 Int, HH Scott 250's MR71 tuner, Tube Guru F2a Mono's,
Old 05-28-2013, 03:20 PM

Thanks for the responses. That was more/less what I had expected. Both IC's not only integrate together, but of course work well with Shindo. My guess is budget and dealer recommendation are how most make their mind up. I would still like to explore trying Shindo IC's at one point though. Cheers -Don
Old 05-28-2013, 05:26 PM

I'm in the process of auditioning some Shindo IC's in my system at the moment. They are a very clear step up compared to the generic cables "DIY'd" for me by my dealer, in all respects. Better smoothness, deeper stage, more definition at the frequency extremes. It's both an "audiophile" improvement and an improvement to the overall feel/flow of music.

I haven't tried the A23 IC's but the price isn't all that different, so I don't really see a reason to try the A23's. It's with speaker cables that the difference in price puts A23 and Shindo cables in different categories.

My guess though is that the sound will be very different given the significant differences in construction.

I've been moving the cable around, and it seems to benefit the digital playback (from my Cosecant) more when the Shindo cable is placed between DAC and preamp. Which makes sense - best cable where the smallest signal comes from. However, putting the cable between pre and amp improves things for vinyl as well.

Has anybody had a Shindo phono cable made for their tonearm? I would presume that to be an important spot, being that its the lowest level signal, but my arm doesn't accept standard RCA's.

BTW...I probably won't have a buying decision just yet as I plan to also audition a Mr T.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:00 PM

Yes, Shindo cable indeed is very good and has to be preferred.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countingbackwards View Post
I'm in the process of auditioning some Shindo IC's in my system at the moment. They are a very clear step up compared to the generic cables "DIY'd" for me by my dealer, in all respects. Better smoothness, deeper stage, more definition at the frequency extremes. It's both an "audiophile" improvement and an improvement to the overall feel/flow of music.

I haven't tried the A23 IC's but the price isn't all that different, so I don't really see a reason to try the A23's. It's with speaker cables that the difference in price puts A23 and Shindo cables in different categories.

My guess though is that the sound will be very different given the significant differences in construction.

I've been moving the cable around, and it seems to benefit the digital playback (from my Cosecant) more when the Shindo cable is placed between DAC and preamp. Which makes sense - best cable where the smallest signal comes from. However, putting the cable between pre and amp improves things for vinyl as well.

Has anybody had a Shindo phono cable made for their tonearm? I would presume that to be an important spot, being that its the lowest level signal, but my arm doesn't accept standard RCA's.

BTW...I probably won't have a buying decision just yet as I plan to also audition a Mr T.
Hey Ken - you should chat with Dale (Dirtbag) he just bought a MR T. and is happy with it.