AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Audio Racks & Furniture

Audio Racks & Furniture Attractive and Functional Display for Gear

Old 12-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Music Lover!

If you remove a shelf, that would be a waste of a few hundred bucks, just to accomodate gear, hopefully it does not come to that.
Old 12-22-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasatch View Post
If you remove a shelf, that would be a waste of a few hundred bucks, just to accomodate gear, hopefully it does not come to that.
...but cheaper than a new rack. There is no need to do that at this point, though. I have gear aplenty to fill it. I'm thinking way off in the future if I went the way of an integrated amp or something like that.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 12-22-2013, 07:18 PM

Beautiful setup. Will be interested to hear your impressions of the sonic differences you hear with the Samson vs. your earlier rack.

Bedroom: Aurender N150, TEAC UD-505 (AKM version), EMIA Cu Elmaformer passive line stage, conrad-johnson MF2500, Paradigm Studio 20 v5. Shunyata Delta D6, Altaira CG hub. Shunyata Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, Alpha USB, Alpha and Venom CGC/SGC. Wireworld Eclipse 8 interconnect & speaker cables. Stillpoints footers, Butcher Block Acoustics maple platforms. Stillpoints and GIK acoustic panels.

Home Office:Windows 11 PC/JRiver 31, TEAC UD-501, Luminous Audio Technology Axiom II Walker Mod passive, conrad-johnson Sonographe SA-250, Paradigm SE-1. Shunyata Hydra (Original Version), Venom 10 NR. Wireworld Eclipse 7 interconnects. Blue Jeans speaker cable.

Living-Dining Room: Windows 11 Laptop/JRiver 29, Oppo BD-83, TEAC UD-501 DAC, SOTA Sapphire TT, Graham Slee Era Gold V, Ortofon 2M Black, McIntosh MR-77, c-j Sonographe SC-25, c-j MF2500, Paradigm SE-3. Wireworld 8 IC, Blue Jeans SC. Shunyata Hydra 8 v.2, Shunyata Delta NR, Venom NR. GIK 244 bass & scatter-plate panels.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:11 AM

How is the rack doing? Did you notice any odor with yours? I assembled mine as soon as it arrived, and noticed a strong odor. Someone said that was the sealer venting. When I assembled my Samson V2 in the HT it had been sitting in the garage for 2-3 months, and it didn't have any odor.

While I love both racks, the Rosewood color is a dust magnet. I am still trying to find a good way to dust and polish these beasts.
Old 12-26-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
How is the rack doing? Did you notice any odor with yours? I assembled mine as soon as it arrived, and noticed a strong odor. Someone said that was the sealer venting. When I assembled my Samson V2 in the HT it had been sitting in the garage for 2-3 months, and it didn't have any odor.

While I love both racks, the Rosewood color is a dust magnet. I am still trying to find a good way to dust and polish these beasts.
The rack didn't have something I would put in the "strong odor" category. Fresh out of the box, there was a brand new, freshly lacquered scent, that wasn't bothersome. It was fairly light, and not unlike I've experienced with other stained or lacquered furniture. It faded almost entirely by Monday.
I put the Samson rack together on Saturday night, and left town for the holidays on Monday. I'm still not back, so more updates will come next week when the gear repopulates the rack. I'm not that concerned about dust, since my previous two racks were black, also a dust magnet. My solution for that is the Swiffer Duster.
For now, it's settling into the hardwood floor and hopefully hasn't fallen through to the first floor.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

Old 12-31-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
For now, it's settling into the hardwood floor and hopefully hasn't fallen through to the first floor.
I had that same thought in my head after going on vacation just after I finished adding a 2nd LP shelf with my 78s

That rack looks great, BTW.
Old 04-26-2014, 04:38 AM

Great rack.
I have a 4-shelf Samson rack with 4-inch shelves and 48-inch rods and cannot praise this design enough. I can brace myself with hands against the top shelf and not budge the rig. I haven't gone overboard as if my life depended on it, but I've applied significant force and had no wiggle that I can detect.
Shipping is expensive, but I suspect that that is true with almost any well-designed rack.
Joe
Old 04-28-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstroh View Post
Great rack.
I have a 4-shelf Samson rack with 4-inch shelves and 48-inch rods and cannot praise this design enough. I can brace myself with hands against the top shelf and not budge the rig. I haven't gone overboard as if my life depended on it, but I've applied significant force and had no wiggle that I can detect.
Shipping is expensive, but I suspect that that is true with almost any well-designed rack.
Joe
Yeah, the same experience here. I have NO regrets buying this rack. I should have done it years ago.
I mistakenly purchased a maple rack by a well known competitor, and it was a nightmare.
The mapleshade is as advertised. For my needs, stability was paramount in rack choice.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:54 PM

Default did we ever see it with gear?

Old 04-29-2014, 04:33 PM

Ha. "Pichers" coming in May!
Music server is getting set up first!