AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Power Conditioners

Power Conditioners Voltage regulation to AC Regeneration

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-23-2019, 05:19 PM
Cohibaman's Avatar
Cohibaman Cohibaman is offline
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 4,393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
It's my understanding that the Entech, which is a good demo tool, does not measure everything on the power line that potentially affects audio.


Correct! It measures radio frequency noise 300kHz to 700kHz on the 120VAC outlet that itís plugged into.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-23-2019, 05:39 PM
torxx's Avatar
torxx torxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 58
Default

Very interesting video, just out of curiosity how basic a power cord was that with all the noise? is a comparable to one that you would expect to get from MacIntosh or similar manufacturers? If not have you done the same test with a stock power cord like that? Obviously it would be inferior to the Shunyata but maybe somewhat better than the one you demonstrated. I sure would hope so that was crazy. Do you work for Shunyata ? Great job ����
__________________
Brian's Current System MC 452 amp, C2500 tube pre, MB50 Streamer, B&W 805 D3, REL S/5 Dual Subs, WW Silver Eclipse XLR's, WW Silver Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, GIK Acoustic panels
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-23-2019, 05:58 PM
Cohibaman's Avatar
Cohibaman Cohibaman is offline
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 4,393
Default Clean Power matters

Well, thanks to Stephen & Ivan, I had to try it... I just bought two Shunyata Venom V14 Digital power cables. Ivan made me an offer I couldnít refuse.

If these pan out and quell the noise within my wallís wiring caused by the demon UPS, Iíll put them throughout.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-23-2019, 06:34 PM
Puma Cat's Avatar
Puma Cat Puma Cat is offline
conrad-johnson, baby!


 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 9,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torxx View Post
Very interesting video, just out of curiosity how basic a power cord was that with all the noise? is a comparable to one that you would expect to get from MacIntosh or similar manufacturers? If not have you done the same test with a stock power cord like that? Obviously it would be inferior to the Shunyata but maybe somewhat better than the one you demonstrated. I sure would hope so that was crazy. Do you work for Shunyata ? Great job ����
It was a stock and "generic" black power cord that is identical to the power cords that are provided for many, many components sold in the U.S. I think this specific cord was the one provided with my Schiit DAC. Having never owned any McIntosh products, I could not say if it was the same or not.

Regardless, any power cord that is not a "NR" –*noise reducing" power cord would conduct the same amount of noise, even my older Shunyata power cords, e.g. Venom 3 or Black Mamba.

No, I do not work for Shunyata; I'm retired, and the only professional work I do nowadays is professional real estate photography.
__________________
First Sound Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-Si Paramount Special Edition preamp, Conrad-Johnson LP70S amp, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion w/ EAR324, Oppo BD-83SE, Sonore OpticalModule with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 power supply, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN, SOtM UltraNeo with Keces P3 power supply, Shunyata Omega & Sigma Ethernet, Alpha USB digital cables, Lampizator Baltic 3 DAC, Mac Mini/Roon, Harbeth 30.2 or Dynaudio Contour S3.4 w/ Esotar 2 tweeters, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Alpha NRv2, Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, and Venom V14D power cords, Shunyata Everest 8000
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-23-2019, 06:41 PM
Puma Cat's Avatar
Puma Cat Puma Cat is offline
conrad-johnson, baby!


 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East Bay, CA
Posts: 9,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cohibaman View Post
Well, thanks to Stephen & Ivan, I had to try it... I just bought two Shunyata Venom V14 Digital power cables. Ivan made me an offer I couldnít refuse.

If these pan out and quell the noise within my wallís wiring caused by the demon UPS, Iíll put them throughout.
Congrats, Mike. Please let us know what you think of them when you get them.

FWIW, these power cords are specifically designed for digital devices e.g. routers, NAS, music servers (aka computers), network bridges and streamers, and their attendant power supplies. For exmaple, I have one powering my Keces P3 for my SOtM SMS-200 UltraNeo network bridge. I also use one for my HDTV, and it made a visible improvement in that application, as well. The tech in the Venom 14 Digital PCs was developed from technology that came out of Shunyata's sister company, Clear Image Scientific and it utilizes technology that was developed to improve S/N in medical digital imaging, etc.

For other components, e.g DACs, preamps, power amps, etc., I'd recommend the Venom NR-V12 or V-10 power cords, as these will pass more dynamic transient current than V14D.
__________________
First Sound Presence Deluxe 4.0 MkIII-Si Paramount Special Edition preamp, Conrad-Johnson LP70S amp, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion w/ EAR324, Oppo BD-83SE, Sonore OpticalModule with Uptone Audio LPS-1.2 power supply, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN, SOtM UltraNeo with Keces P3 power supply, Shunyata Omega & Sigma Ethernet, Alpha USB digital cables, Lampizator Baltic 3 DAC, Mac Mini/Roon, Harbeth 30.2 or Dynaudio Contour S3.4 w/ Esotar 2 tweeters, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Alpha NRv2, Alpha XC, Delta NR v2, and Venom V14D power cords, Shunyata Everest 8000
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-24-2019, 05:53 PM
Cohibaman's Avatar
Cohibaman Cohibaman is offline
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 4,393
Default Clean Power matters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Congrats, Mike. Please let us know what you think of them when you get them.



FWIW, these power cords are specifically designed for digital devices e.g. routers, NAS, music servers (aka computers), network bridges and streamers, and their attendant power supplies. For exmaple, I have one powering my Keces P3 for my SOtM SMS-200 UltraNeo network bridge. I also use one for my HDTV, and it made a visible improvement in that application, as well. The tech in the Venom 14 Digital PCs was developed from technology that came out of Shunyata's sister company, Clear Image Scientific and it utilizes technology that was developed to improve S/N in medical digital imaging, etc.



For other components, e.g DACs, preamps, power amps, etc., I'd recommend the Venom NR-V12 or V-10 power cords, as these will pass more dynamic transient current than V14D.


Stephen,

Based on your informative video, I expect these cables will mitigate the noise going to my amps, but Iím really only using these as a test...initially anyhow.

If they mitigate the noise to the amps (as I expect them to), they will permanently be moved to my DAC and electronic crossover. The rational is if the Venom V14 Digital power cords prove themselves with the obvious line noise feeding my amps, they should do a wonderful job on the other components where there isnít an obvious problem. The 14AWG should provide plenty of power for both devices.

Then Iíll just have to figure out what to permanently use with my amps that need more current.

Last edited by Cohibaman; 11-24-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-17-2020, 05:51 PM
zonto zonto is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 70
Default

Did the cables fix your problem?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:18 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2021 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Inspire By Dennis Had
Inspire By Dennis Had
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Add Powr
Add Powr
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase